RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 04:14 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCF production numbers

Curious what folks know about how many RCF's were or are scheduled to be built. With 671 new/used for sale on Autotrader it got me thinking how well these cars are actually selling. That number may make perfect sense, I just don't have the relative context. Does anyone know or have a feeling as to how well the car is being received in the market?
Old 06-11-15, 04:30 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can buy a $79K RCF at invoice here in Socal... M4 the best I can do is $1K to $2K over invoice on an ordered '15 vehicle in Socal and there's a lot more of them than the RCFs being sold.
Old 06-11-15, 04:51 PM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman350
Curious what folks know about how many RCF's were or are scheduled to be built. With 671 new/used for sale on Autotrader it got me thinking how well these cars are actually selling. That number may make perfect sense, I just don't have the relative context. Does anyone know or have a feeling as to how well the car is being received in the market?
Where did you see 671? Someone just mentioned 209 cars in the other thread.
Old 06-11-15, 04:56 PM
RedlineRCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ROK
I can buy a $79K RCF at invoice here in Socal... M4 the best I can do is $1K to $2K over invoice on an ordered '15 vehicle in Socal and there's a lot more of them than the RCFs being sold.
RCF may not be selling as well? According to Cars.com inventory of So Cal dealerships have current stock from 4-27 (see below). This may be why So Cal can get them at invoice? I've been on their lot the last three months, and I know Newport Lexus has had the same black non performance edition and a couple nebula grey performance packages on their lot for at least 3 months. Longo Lexus seems to have 27 RCFs in inventory?
With this high inventory and these cars on the lot for more than two months may equal some price reductions?

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...rGrouping=true

Last edited by RedlineRCF; 06-11-15 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 07:38 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

What's invoice on a 79k rcf?
Old 06-11-15, 09:09 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
What's invoice on a 79k rcf?
I was told by a very knowledgeable non-Lexus dealer there is an approx $10K markup on the RC-F. I think the demand is very high in some markets which will bring full MSRP but not so in others, so deals may be available in the latter. There could also be a self created shortage to drive demand up, but who knows.
Z
Old 06-11-15, 09:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DzNutz
Where did you see 671? Someone just mentioned 209 cars in the other thread.
^^^^^This! Lol! There's NO WAY there's 671 on Autotrader or ANYWHERE Else (hell, how many has even been made), you must be counting the 350's & 350 sports (& i still doubt that number)!
Old 06-11-15, 09:19 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Makes sense the 10k. Mine was a like a hundred dollars and some change off the 80k msrp and I got it for 72k. I'm sure the dealer still had to make a few bucks off the car.
Old 06-11-15, 09:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by RedlineRCF
RCF may not be selling as well? According to Cars.com inventory of So Cal dealerships have current stock from 4-27 (see below). This may be why So Cal can get them at invoice? I've been on their lot the last three months, and I know Newport Lexus has had the same black non performance edition and a couple nebula grey performance packages on their lot for at least 3 months. Longo Lexus seems to have 27 RCFs in inventory?
With this high inventory and these cars on the lot for more than two months may equal some price reductions?

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...rGrouping=true
I Didn't see Any RCF's on Longo's Site! Did you look?
Old 06-11-15, 09:46 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Look at the discussion Auto Prices Now & the Future...talking about Auto Trader. See if you can open this link: http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...mdId&pgId=2102
Z
Old 06-12-15, 04:17 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Lexus RC F from the start has been presented as a limited production model. Lexus will build around 2,000 RC Fs per year, so the car will remain exclusive. A total of 5,601 RCs have been sold as of the end of May 2015. Lexus has recently told its distributors there is no desire to advertise the RC F. They are selling what they want to put on the road. Here, as with the IS F, it's a halo car. More money will be made in the lower RC line models through higher volume sales.

As for the 671, I would conjecture that this includes RC 350s, RC F Sports, and some RC Fs.

Like anything, regional markets determine price for any car.

What car will fetch the best price up the road when the miles kick in from the joy rides on road and track? There is no doubt the RC F will have the best resale value in its class for obvious reasons, and 15 years up the road, the RC F will be rocketing up the road while its competitors are nothing more than memories of cars once owned, now in melting pots.

I have 1,600 miles on my RC F carbon. It's been a magnificent ride in all regards. I'm very happy with the purchase and looking forward to the LF/LC in a couple more years.

Last edited by ISF001; 06-12-15 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-12-15, 04:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol why does this matters to someone who does not own one. Candidly, why would this matter to someone who does not own one but wants to buy one? Assuming this is true, this would mean one could get a really good deal on a car you like. These are also niche cars with smaller markets.

If you like the car and want it, why flake out because of your perception about demand or what others think?

Seeing an ad on Autotarder or Cars.com does not mean that vehicle is actually still available.

Lexus historically has never appealed to buyers such as myself that have always driven high performance German and Italian. I historically viewed Lexus as bland cars for grandparents. The new edgy designs are meant to appeal to the younger more performance oriented purchasers, but this will take some time.

The RCF is out of the box for Lexus and it will take some time for Lexus to shift its market away from Ma and Pa to the younger generations likely to purchase cars such as the RCF. The BMW M market has been in place for years.

Lexus currently is selling just about everything, except maybe for NX and GX, at deep discounts to get its new product out on the streets and Lexus is getting some push back from its former older clientele.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-12-15 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-12-15, 02:44 PM
RedlineRCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Ho johnnyreb,

You should had been able to click on the link I provided and you could see what the quantity is. Here is a link that should go directly to Longo's inventory from Cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=GN_REFINEMENT
Old 06-12-15, 02:47 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol why does this matters to someone who does not own one. Candidly, why would this matter to someone who does not own one but wants to buy one? Assuming this is true, this would mean one could get a really good deal on a car you like. These are also niche cars with smaller markets.

If you like the car and want it, why flake out because of your perception about demand or what others think?

Seeing an ad on Autotarder or Cars.com does not mean that vehicle is actually still available.

Lexus historically has never appealed to buyers such as myself that have always driven high performance German and Italian. I historically viewed Lexus as bland cars for grandparents. The new edgy designs are meant to appeal to the younger more performance oriented purchasers, but this will take some time.

The RCF is out of the box for Lexus and it will take some time for Lexus to shift its market away from Ma and Pa to the younger generations likely to purchase cars such as the RCF. The BMW M market has been in place for years.

Lexus currently is selling just about everything, except maybe for NX and GX, at deep discounts to get its new product out on the streets and Lexus is getting some push back from its former older clientele.
This is pretty much How i've Always looked at the Lexus Brand! The ONLY Lexus i'd ever even Considered was the LS460 just because it's such an Awesome riding car & Perfect for a Family Road Trip! I'd had actually Never even Seen OR Heard of the RCF until we went to pick up her LS & it was sitting on the Showroom Floor & she ended up talking me into getting it, well i did take it out first & test drove & pretty much Loved it (what's Better than having a Pretty Fast Nice Looking Lexus Sports Car)!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 06-12-15 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-12-15, 02:58 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
The Lexus RC F from the start has been presented as a limited production model. Lexus will build around 2,000 RC Fs per year, so the car will remain exclusive. A total of 5,601 RCs have been sold as of the end of May 2015. Lexus has recently told its distributors there is no desire to advertise the RC F. They are selling what they want to put on the road. Here, as with the IS F, it's a halo car. More money will be made in the lower RC line models through higher volume sales.

As for the 671, I would conjecture that this includes RC 350s, RC F Sports, and some RC Fs.

Like anything, regional markets determine price for any car.

What car will fetch the best price up the road when the miles kick in from the joy rides on road and track? There is no doubt the RC F will have the best resale value in its class for obvious reasons, and 15 years up the road, the RC F will be rocketing up the road while its competitors are nothing more than memories of cars once owned, now in melting pots.

I have 1,600 miles on my RC F carbon. It's been a magnificent ride in all regards. I'm very happy with the purchase and looking forward to the LF/LC in a couple more years.
Exclusive is the wrong word as it implies it's only available to the select few. Anyone who wants one can get one and at or near invoice.

Bottom-line, it's a GT car and not pretending to be anything else. I personally find its design to be enthralling compared to the commuter-ish M4 with the amazing motorsport influenced chassis/suspension/powertrain design.

I can't blame someone for picking one over the other. They're both quite desirable in their own right.

Quick Reply: RCF production numbers