RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Front end vulnerability

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-15, 04:59 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end vulnerability

Has anyone had their front ends damaged from people who "park by ear"? I am so paranoid about parking my car downtown for fear of jerks who don't care. The front end looks SO susceptible to damage!
Old 06-09-15, 03:27 PM
6i9
Driver

Not anymore susceptible to damage than any other car. That's what comprehensive coverage is for.
Old 06-09-15, 04:02 PM
TheBatman
Driver

This is one of the things I hate about owning a new car. I'm always scouting for parking spaces that make it difficult for people to part in front, behind, or next to me. I have a pretty good one at work right now and I get their early enough so that's its always open.
Old 06-09-15, 05:18 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

On the same note, does anyone have problems with parking in a spot that has the parking curbs. My RC is lowered but even when it wasn't, I would never hear my parking sensors go off because I don't think it can sense objects that low.

I find myself sticking my dumb head out the window and slowly inching forward! lol
Old 06-09-15, 06:42 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

While it's not going to guarantee protection, you can either wrap the whole front bumper or just the bottom of the bumper with some form of clear vinyl. This will provide a barrier that may prevent you from ruining the bottom of your bumper. If you're doing the bottom only, you might even be able to add two layers.
Old 06-09-15, 07:56 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
This is one of the things I hate about owning a new car. I'm always scouting for parking spaces that make it difficult for people to part in front, behind, or next to me. I have a pretty good one at work right now and I get their early enough so that's its always open.
Lol! There's Always going to be those people that No Matter WHERE you park, they're going to see your Nice Expensive Car out there by itself & decide that they're 15k dented up, crappy looking van/car would look good beside it! I swear this just happened to me a couple of weeks ago at Cracker Barrel & i had went back outside to take a phone call & saw it & moved it back up front again! Lol! But, this happens with ANY really nice cars (to me it seems like they know this & pretty much do it on purpose)! Especially IF you're one of those that park Waaaaay away from any other cars! jmo!
Old 06-09-15, 08:03 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Lol! There's Always going to be those people that No Matter WHERE you park, they're going to see your Nice Expensive Car out there by itself & decide that they're 15k dented up, crappy looking van/car would look good beside it! I swear this just happened to me a couple of weeks ago at Cracker Barrel & i had went back outside to take a phone call & saw it & moved it back up front again! Lol! But, this happens with ANY really nice cars (to me it seems like they know this & pretty much do it on purpose)! Especially IF you're one of those that park Waaaaay away from any other cars! jmo!
THIS.

I always park in the "boonies". I don't mind walking 100 yards while most everyone else drives around the lot 4 or 5 times to be able to get 5 ft closer to the store. That said, there is inevitably someone who thinks it must be amusing to park their old POS next to my RC F waaay out in the lot. I'm not bashful about straddling the line and taking up 2 spaces out there either even though someone that sees it probably thinks "There's another a$$hole Lexus owner". So be it.
Old 06-09-15, 09:13 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
THIS.

I always park in the "boonies". I don't mind walking 100 yards while most everyone else drives around the lot 4 or 5 times to be able to get 5 ft closer to the store. That said, there is inevitably someone who thinks it must be amusing to park their old POS next to my RC F waaay out in the lot. I'm not bashful about straddling the line and taking up 2 spaces out there either even though someone that sees it probably thinks "There's another a$$hole Lexus owner". So be it.
You do realize that this makes you more of a target, right? I've seen plenty of Bentley and other high-end car owners who park normally, despite their car being more valuable than the combined value of all the cars in the lot. They realize that by isolating your car, you make yourself as vulnerable as the lone sheep out of a herd. And that's with car worth 5-6 times a RC-F.
Old 06-11-15, 10:20 PM
detluv313
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7No
THIS.

I agree 90% of the time and some times im just lazy and I park closer to the door. A lady told me the other day when I was coming out of Marshall"s " Boy you better park this car at the end, theses people are crazy." (End Quote)