RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Oil filter part number

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-15, 11:07 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil filter part number

I read somewhere that the RCF uses an oil filter that is the same as used on some Toyotas and costs considerably less through a Toyota dealer rather than a Lexus dealer. Does anyone know the Toyota part number?
Old 05-30-15, 01:00 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The part number is 04152-51010. Lexus of Sewell had the best prices ever but closed on March 1, 2015. Now that their on-line store is closed you can search around for best prices.

Mylparts.com has it for $9.62 and you can get a Clublexus 10% discount. Use "CL5" for the discount code.

Toyotapart.com has the filter for $8.68

Lexuspartsnow.com has the filter for $9.25

Last edited by Trexus; 05-30-15 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-30-15, 01:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Actually is uses the same Part number listed above for the IS F..

There are no Toyota listed parts numbers that cross over to the 2UR-GSE platform.

However, many of the IS F guys use one of the Toyota V8 filters..

I only use the confirmed Lexus tech manual part # for the IS F

Joe Z
Old 05-31-15, 03:55 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone developed a "toilet paper" filter housing for the Lexus V-8s? If so, I'd prefer to use the Charmin Super Duty mega size cartridge for that "softer" clean. (Sorry but I couldn't help myself)
Old 11-05-16, 08:14 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Thanks, I just ordered mine at LexusPartsNow.com

Please see below for details and it is cheaper now!!!
Home > 0415251010
This part is a fit for your vehicle selected:Add New Vehicle2015 Lexus RC F

Lexus Part No.: 04152-51010

ELEMENT KIT, OIL FILTERThis part fits the following vehicle options:
  • Production Date: 09/2014-
  • Fitting Vehicle Options: 2URGSE.. USC10
Your Price:$8.93Retail Price:$12.18You Save:$3.25Qty:

• Dedicated Service

• Lowest Prices

• Fast Delivery

Part Info

Part No.04152-51010Part DescriptionELEMENT KIT, OIL FILTERManufacturerLexus. This genuine Lexus part is guaranteed by Lexus's factory warranty.

Originally Posted by Trexus
The part number is 04152-51010. Lexus of Sewell had the best prices ever but closed on March 1, 2015. Now that their on-line store is closed you can search around for best prices.

Mylparts.com has it for $9.62 and you can get a Clublexus 10% discount. Use "CL5" for the discount code.

Toyotapart.com has the filter for $8.68

Lexuspartsnow.com has the filter for $9.25
Old 11-05-16, 08:50 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...il-filter.html

The YZZA4 is substantially cheaper and is the same filter - See this page:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-filter-2.html

Lou
Old 11-05-16, 10:06 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,513 Likes on 656 Posts

I buy whatever is listed for the car. I know others fit and work and cheaper too. Just don't want to get denied of warranty, "just in case" for using the "wrong" filter. Once the warranty is out, I'll switch to WIX brand.
Old 11-05-16, 02:00 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I'm like you. I just use what the Lexus HQ calls for.

Interesting enough for my other car, MB SLK55AMG which uses "paper type" versus "fleece" used in the other non AMG MB engines (I had a SLK 300 a while back which used the fleece filter). I don't know what the rational for paper type filter in the higher performance MB AMG engine. Maybe MB wants me to change the oil sooner?

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I buy whatever is listed for the car. I know others fit and work and cheaper too. Just don't want to get denied of warranty, "just in case" for using the "wrong" filter. Once the warranty is out, I'll switch to WIX brand.
Old 11-05-16, 03:32 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

The local dealer here changes my oil for $60.27 total. They have to order the filter because it's never in stock and they have never once asked me if I wanted a cheaper one. Considering that it takes 10 quarts of oil as well I'd say that the oil change price is extremely reasonable.

Now to my point; Why buy a $80k sports car to cheap out on your maintenance parts over a few bucks? From what I've learned in life you almost always get what you pay for. If you are getting a cheaper filter there is a reason why it is cheaper. You can't see or feel engine wear. Unless you are sending your used oil out for analysis, you have no idea if a different filter is actually better or worse for your engine. If you are selling your car at 50k miles then I guess it really doesn't matter much, at least to you. But if you plan to drive it until the doors fall off then you should really care about things like this.

I don't know how long I'll keep my RC F, but I'm not going to try and save $5 on my oil change with inferior parts.
Old 11-05-16, 04:29 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^Please read the thread I referenced above before making statements like that.

Lou
Old 11-05-16, 05:37 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Please read the thread I referenced above before making statements like that.

Lou
If it's the same filter then no harm no foul. Do you know for a fact that it's the same filter? just because it's the same size doesn't mean it has the same internals. I can plug any USB stick into my computer here at work. That doesn't mean they are all the same.

Also, I wasn't just referring to the Toyota equivalent filter. I meant any filter in general. Just because the local Autozone carries a Duralast filter that fits doesn't mean it's a good choice.

Do what you want, it's your ride and your money. You can run synthetic for all I care. I'll be running dino. But if I did run synthetic I'd change at the same intervals. The contamination level doesn't change no matter what type of oil you use, and the contamination level in the oil is what causes the most damage. The cheaper filter may not filter as much of the contaminates...

Edit: If they are in fact the exact same filter, then they probably came off of the same line. If that's true then the filters which meet the Lexus quality standards are branded as the Lexus filters and the filters that fail the Lexus quality standards but pass the Toyota quality standards are branded as the Toyota filters and are sold for a cheaper price. That's how things like that usually work. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I'm not going to risk my engine over a couple of bucks.

Last edited by Davew77; 11-05-16 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-07-16, 06:18 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

But wait!!! When I go to the Lexus dealer and ask for an oil filter for my Lexus XXX, they always give me an oil filter with Toyota logo on it and wanted to charge me more. Therefore I had long learned to say NO THANK YOU.

I'm with you as far as using THE SPECIFIC oil filter. I just ordered some oil filter for my RCF and they were around $8.xx plus shipping which I ordered 6 of them and the final shipping included price is around $10.xx each. The other oil filter others ate talking about which fits my LX570 are cheaper around $4.xx plus shipping. I guess I could have used the OTHER filter, but NO I DID NOT TO SAVE $5 BUCKS. I guess I'll skip Star Bucks today!!! LOL.

Originally Posted by Davew77
If it's the same filter then no harm no foul. Do you know for a fact that it's the same filter? just because it's the same size doesn't mean it has the same internals. I can plug any USB stick into my computer here at work. That doesn't mean they are all the same.

Also, I wasn't just referring to the Toyota equivalent filter. I meant any filter in general. Just because the local Autozone carries a Duralast filter that fits doesn't mean it's a good choice.

Do what you want, it's your ride and your money. You can run synthetic for all I care. I'll be running dino. But if I did run synthetic I'd change at the same intervals. The contamination level doesn't change no matter what type of oil you use, and the contamination level in the oil is what causes the most damage. The cheaper filter may not filter as much of the contaminates...

Edit: If they are in fact the exact same filter, then they probably came off of the same line. If that's true then the filters which meet the Lexus quality standards are branded as the Lexus filters and the filters that fail the Lexus quality standards but pass the Toyota quality standards are branded as the Toyota filters and are sold for a cheaper price. That's how things like that usually work. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I'm not going to risk my engine over a couple of bucks.
Old 11-07-16, 06:00 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Yeah, I don't care about a few bucks. Peace of mind is worth a lot more than that to me. Now if there was a $50 difference in price then I would be interested in finding out more information. But I certainly wouldn't use the cheaper option without knowing for sure it was just as safe for my engine. For $5, I don't care to waste the time to research it. I make $5 in like 5 minutes at work. I leave bigger tips than that for a $10 meal, which is daily.

Things like this are why I don't like to buy used cars that have more than 10k miles. It's pretty hard to screw up a car in less than 10k miles without leaving some tell-tale signs.

I'm actually surprised that we don't have a thread here for oil analysis using different brands of oil. This filter thing would be a good addition to it for those who do want to pinch pennies. I guess it's because there are so few RC F owners out there compared to the other sports cars I have owned. The forums for those cars always had a thread like that.

Last edited by Davew77; 11-07-16 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-19-16, 10:56 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Default Update on the OEM RCF Oil Filter

I just received my OEM RCF Oil Filter that I ordered from LexusParts.com

On the box it has the right part number and with authentic Toyota box with the hologram and everything.

What I noticed is that it says "Made in Thailand". I guess these are no longer made in "Japan" any more.

Originally Posted by Davew77
Yeah, I don't care about a few bucks. Peace of mind is worth a lot more than that to me. Now if there was a $50 difference in price then I would be interested in finding out more information. But I certainly wouldn't use the cheaper option without knowing for sure it was just as safe for my engine. For $5, I don't care to waste the time to research it. I make $5 in like 5 minutes at work. I leave bigger tips than that for a $10 meal, which is daily.

Things like this are why I don't like to buy used cars that have more than 10k miles. It's pretty hard to screw up a car in less than 10k miles without leaving some tell-tale signs.

I'm actually surprised that we don't have a thread here for oil analysis using different brands of oil. This filter thing would be a good addition to it for those who do want to pinch pennies. I guess it's because there are so few RC F owners out there compared to the other sports cars I have owned. The forums for those cars always had a thread like that.
PD
Old 11-19-16, 03:19 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I just received my OEM RCF Oil Filter that I ordered from LexusParts.com

On the box it has the right part number and with authentic Toyota box with the hologram and everything.

What I noticed is that it says "Made in Thailand". I guess these are no longer made in "Japan" any more.
I have no idea where it is, was or should be made. But I would hope that it is authentic, and not some knockoff, if it came from a legit Lexus website.

I sometimes see on Amazon people saying things aren't authentic because something came from a different country than they used to see. Sometimes they may be correct. But sometimes it's because the company changed locations or uses multiple locations.

As an example, a couple of months ago I ordered a few Polo shirts directly from Ralph Lauren. Some shirts say "Made in Vietnam" while others say "Made in Sri Lanka". Anyway, after a few washings I've noticed that the Sri Lanka shirts do not appear to have faded, but the Vietnam shirts have clearly faded (I have some of the same color but from different countries, which allows me to see a clear difference). They were all washed together every single time they were washed, so they have had the exact same treatments. I can safely say they are all authentic since they came directly from Ralph Lauren, but they are not all of the same quality. I now know to buy them in person and to make sure they are not from Vietnam.

Last edited by Davew77; 11-19-16 at 09:43 PM. Reason: I had to correct the countries I named

Quick Reply: Oil filter part number