RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Software updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-15, 07:49 AM
Venturi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Software updates

Are there any software updates for our car and can we done them ourselves?

I noticed the menus have several software update sections

And we're do we get the updates from?
Old 05-30-15, 07:59 AM
afdavey
Driver

My car build-Feb 2015

- other day Enform updated
- having issue with iPod connect in that it errors out constantly. Known issue but went to dealer this past week to log the issue. Dealer advises vehicle is up to date with soft/firmware and even stated the vehicle has later versions than what the Dealer has at the moment. Go figure...

I'm going to push the 3x and your out lemon law if iPod issue is not resolved by late summer. Hoping Apple IOS9 and Lexus fix the issue.

Quite embarrassing it "fails"...for a $75k car.
Old 05-30-15, 08:49 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by afdavey
My car build-Feb 2015

- other day Enform updated
- having issue with iPod connect in that it errors out constantly. Known issue but went to dealer this past week to log the issue. Dealer advises vehicle is up to date with soft/firmware and even stated the vehicle has later versions than what the Dealer has at the moment. Go figure...

I'm going to push the 3x and your out lemon law if iPod issue is not resolved by late summer. Hoping Apple IOS9 and Lexus fix the issue.

Quite embarrassing it "fails"...for a $75k car.
Lemmon law over an iPod connect?!???!! Lol over that "substantial defect" and the look you get at Lexus when you throw that one out. Seriously, if an iPod connect its that big of a priority, why not get one of those new Buick compact SUVs. I understand their iPod connect is amazing.
Old 05-30-15, 08:52 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Venturi
Are there any software updates for our car and can we done them ourselves?

I noticed the menus have several software update sections

And we're do we get the updates from?
We need an ecu flash for transmission. This 8 speed even in an Sports + is setup too soft for a sports car. Even the shifting in normal mode could use some minor tweaking. I honestly think 8 speed trannies are just stupid unless the upshift is programmed to happen much later in the rev range.
Old 05-30-15, 09:29 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Guys, i saw an APEXI Electronics-Smart Accel Controller & was wonderin' if it would do anything to improve the Performance or Not? Out of pretty much anything i could do to my car, i would do a TUNE! Didn't somebody say on here awhile back that they were close to breaking the code for one on our cars or is this just my Wishful thinking? Thanks!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 05-30-15 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-30-15, 09:38 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Guys, i saw an APEXI Electronics-Smart Accel Controller & was wonderin' if it would do anything to improve the Performance or Not? Out of pretty much anything i could do to my car, i would do a TUNE! Didn't somebody say on here awhile back that they were close to breaking the code for one on our cars or is this just my Wishful thinking? Thanks!
The controller won't make the car go faster but it may make it more fun to drive.
Old 05-30-15, 11:10 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
The controller won't make the car go faster but it may make it more fun to drive.
I'm familiar with tuners but a newb when it comes to these "controllers" ... I thought they were mostly for FI cars no?
Old 05-30-15, 11:17 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
I'm familiar with tuners but a newb when it comes to these "controllers" ... I thought they were mostly for FI cars no?
Although I don't own one, it's my understanding that they "remap" the position of your foot on the pedal to the actual percentage of throttle that the engine has. For instance, if an OEM car has 10% throttle when the pedal is pushed 10% to the floor, the controller can apply, let's say, 25% of the throttle for that same 10% of pedal movement giving the "impression" that the car is more powerful. In the end, the controller can only open up the throttle to 100% no matter what the position of the pedal is.

A controller cannot remap the ECU to change the fuel/air mix, etc.
Old 05-30-15, 11:42 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Although I don't own one, it's my understanding that they "remap" the position of your foot on the pedal to the actual percentage of throttle that the engine has. For instance, if an OEM car has 10% throttle when the pedal is pushed 10% to the floor, the controller can apply, let's say, 25% of the throttle for that same 10% of pedal movement giving the "impression" that the car is more powerful. In the end, the controller can only open up the throttle to 100% no matter what the position of the pedal is.

A controller cannot remap the ECU to change the fuel/air mix, etc.

Ahh that would make sense. It wouldn't have any control over shift response/firmness would it?
Old 05-30-15, 10:33 PM
afdavey
Driver

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lemmon law over an iPod connect?!???!! Lol over that "substantial defect" and the look you get at Lexus when you throw that one out. Seriously, if an iPod connect its that big of a priority, why not get one of those new Buick compact SUVs. I understand their iPod connect is amazing.
Lemon laws vary by state - who says it has to be 'substantial' - that is subjective. If it can't be fixed with 3x attempts - the buyer has a case in NJ.

I have a 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali - and it is amazing! Lexus should be embarrassed over the iPod connectivity error issue... Why should I need to use a 12v adaptor to charge the iPhone.
Using the USB connector causes it to error whether you use Bluetooth or the Media connect. That's bs.

The Dealer is already on notice - I will be reasonable for a period of time to either allow IOS 9 or Lexus to correct. As mentioned above - for $75k - **** should work.
Even my 2015 Audi S3 MMI Connect works without issue...
Shame on Lexus...

Last edited by afdavey; 05-30-15 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-01-15, 08:43 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by afdavey
Lemon laws vary by state - who says it has to be 'substantial' - that is subjective. If it can't be fixed with 3x attempts - the buyer has a case in NJ.

I have a 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali - and it is amazing! Lexus should be embarrassed over the iPod connectivity error issue... Why should I need to use a 12v adaptor to charge the iPhone.
Using the USB connector causes it to error whether you use Bluetooth or the Media connect. That's bs.

The Dealer is already on notice - I will be reasonable for a period of time to either allow IOS 9 or Lexus to correct. As mentioned above - for $75k - **** should work.
Even my 2015 Audi S3 MMI Connect works without issue...
Shame on Lexus...

take a breath and lighten up. Then go read the law again.

How the Law Works
The Lemon Law establishes procedures for resolving disputes between a consumer and a manufacturer and provides remedies when an uncorrected defect seriously hinders the use, value, or safety of the car. Under New Jersey's Lemon Law, the manufacturer must repair defects that are covered under the original warranty if they are identified and reported within a specified time period.
http://www.dmv.org/nj-new-jersey/aut.../lemon-law.php

Hope you get your issue fixed.
Old 06-01-15, 10:53 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My cold air does not come out hard enough on my seat either, I guess I should go full retard and sue Lexus too because it hinders how hot my *** gets in the summer and it's definitely a safety and sanitary issue.
Old 06-01-15, 10:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
My cold air does not come out hard enough on my seat either, I guess I should go full retard and sue Lexus too because it hinders how hot my *** gets in the summer and it's definitely a safety and sanitary issue.
What is the Friggin' Deal with YOU & the R word Dude? Apparently you're a Kid & don't have family or Nobody in your family has ever had any issues, IF so i really Hope you don't cause IF you did you Wouldn't be so Liberal with the R word!
Old 06-02-15, 03:33 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
What is the Friggin' Deal with YOU & the R word Dude? Apparently you're a Kid & don't have family or Nobody in your family has ever had any issues, IF so i really Hope you don't cause IF you did you Wouldn't be so Liberal with the R word!

Ease up cowboy, he was being sarcastic ( I thought it was funny ). He's just quoting from the movie Tropic Thunder. I usually find Ryanmcd to share the same kind of humor I dish out, I certainly don't think he meant to be an asshat. Sit back and pour yourself a nice single malt
Old 06-02-15, 02:47 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Ease up cowboy, he was being sarcastic ( I thought it was funny ). He's just quoting from the movie Tropic Thunder. I usually find Ryanmcd to share the same kind of humor I dish out, I certainly don't think he meant to be an asshat. Sit back and pour yourself a nice single malt
Cowboy, This ISN'T the First time! Sit back & get you some Boones Farm!

Quick Reply: Software updates