RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 05:29 AM
Gilbert14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

it looks pretty good ... are you selling the stock mufflers or do you know someone who arehave them and are going to sell it....thanks..
Originally Posted by nelson143
Just installed Joe Z / PTS Exhaust today and it sounds pretty awesome and throttle response is pretty amazing.
Old 11-15-15, 06:05 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
But it throws a 'soft' code man, and don't want that. Plus you'd have to put electrical tape or something on both connectors to prevent water and grime to get inside. And zip-tie the loose connector somewhere as well. This way looks cleaner IMO. I'll have to wait until I take the car on a trip to see if I leave it that way, or put it back to stock.
touché!

I loved the way my injen intake sounded on my ISF's. I may have to do the same thing on my RCF again
Old 11-15-15, 12:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats Nelson..!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the PTS Exhaust

Joe Z

Originally Posted by nelson143

Just installed Joe Z / PTS Exhaust today and it sounds pretty awesome and throttle response is pretty amazing.

Old 11-15-15, 04:49 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Bought these for mine

Old 11-15-15, 07:56 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Hopefully, mine will be ready for Pick-Up tue/wed as i'm getting the Clear-Bra put on & also the Apexi Controller installed. I Really Hope it adds a lil' Better Response like some of you guys said it Does.
Old 11-16-15, 01:58 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Re apexi controller - I tend to Sri ve in yellow. Sometimes purple on the highway. If someone pulls next to me at a light, I switch to red and dust them. You'll enjoy it and your frequent trips to the gas station lol
Old 11-16-15, 10:25 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Hopefully, mine will be ready for Pick-Up tue/wed as i'm getting the Clear-Bra put on & also the Apexi Controller installed. I Really Hope it adds a lil' Better Response like some of you guys said it Does.
Good to hear, let me know if you have any more questions about the install!
Old 12-01-15, 06:42 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Good to hear, let me know if you have any more questions about the install!
Well it's been raining on & off the last couple of days, but yesterday the roads were Dry for awhile & thought i would drive the RCF up to the Shop (1st drive since i got the Apexi installed) & i was on the phone talking & wasn't really paying attention & when the lite turned green i just TOUCHED the gas pedal & the car jumped & spun the tires & it surprised me at first cause i didn't know if my gas pedal was stuck or what but WOW Guys, i'm telling you the Apexi Controller makes a Difference! I know it's not supposed to add any HP but the car just seems like it Definitely has an Extra PEP in it's Step now. Still haven't tried doing anything else yet, but i'm telling you i LOVE IT so Far
Old 12-01-15, 07:56 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well it's been raining on & off the last couple of days, but yesterday the roads were Dry for awhile & thought i would drive the RCF up to the Shop (1st drive since i got the Apexi installed) & i was on the phone talking & wasn't really paying attention & when the lite turned green i just TOUCHED the gas pedal & the car jumped & spun the tires & it surprised me at first cause i didn't know if my gas pedal was stuck or what but WOW Guys, i'm telling you the Apexi Controller makes a Difference! I know it's not supposed to add any HP but the car just seems like it Definitely has an Extra PEP in it's Step now. Still haven't tried doing anything else yet, but i'm telling you i LOVE IT so Far
Glad you all like the Controller. The thing is amazing. Leave it on red and put the car into expert mode and you will light up the tires through first and second no problem. Its amazing.
Old 12-01-15, 09:12 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

See what you've started Robert!
Old 12-02-15, 05:24 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
Glad you all like the Controller. The thing is amazing. Leave it on red and put the car into expert mode and you will light up the tires through first and second no problem. Its amazing.
Robert, i was JUST reading on that & was wondering IF there was any difference between the Boost Mode 2 (Purple) compared to the Hi-Throttle (Red). Seems like someone else on here said he keeps his on the Purple Mode all the time. So WHICH one does What the Best in your opinion? I Didn't get it for Eco, i can tell you that Thanks
Old 12-03-15, 09:07 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Robert, i was JUST reading on that & was wondering IF there was any difference between the Boost Mode 2 (Purple) compared to the Hi-Throttle (Red). Seems like someone else on here said he keeps his on the Purple Mode all the time. So WHICH one does What the Best in your opinion? I Didn't get it for Eco, i can tell you that Thanks
Well Robert i did try it in RED & WOW I've had it Fish Tail on me before, but NUTHIN' like it did when i put it in RED like you suggested Now, if you would tell me Which one would you keep your's on if you wanted the Best Performance out of it RED or PURPLE? Thanks
Old 12-03-15, 10:10 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hahaha!! I think it's really awesome that you got the A'PEXi Smart Accel Controller and actually felt the difference. I'm glad it worked out for you!!

It really does do wonders for the RCF. Many RCF owners complained about the car being sluggish and unresponsive at times; however, with this unit, it wakes the car up a bit by affecting the throttle response and improving the acceleration. THe RCF is a heavy car to begin with so anything that can improve responsiveness is a plus!

The unit is small, relatively inexpensive, and fairly simple to install. For around a couple hundred bucks, you get a vast improvement over the factory settings.
Old 12-03-15, 07:15 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of, I'm trying to find a solid/cheapest source for the Apexi controller. Link to purchase?

EDIT: I couldn't for the life of me find the actual controller on the Apexi site. After finding it on another reseller and cross referencing it, I found it on their site and for a better price than any reseller. Here are the exact parts you need:

SMART Accel Controller 410-A001 1 $166.50
SMART Accel Controller Harness, 2015+ Lexus RC-F 417-A021_11 1 $58.50

Last edited by jsmacks; 12-03-15 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-03-15, 09:22 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Robert i did try it in RED & WOW I've had it Fish Tail on me before, but NUTHIN' like it did when i put it in RED like you suggested Now, if you would tell me Which one would you keep your's on if you wanted the Best Performance out of it RED or PURPLE? Thanks
Thats awesome. Red is the most responsive mode, and that is what I keep it in. I wouldnt go in any other mode besides that otherwise I would just drive with it off

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?