RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 03:37 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I was skeptical when you said green, but this really looks good. Can't wait to see more. What size wheels are you riding on? Were you on RSR or swift springs?
20" stepped lip ADV.1's

RSR Low SUS

thanks man! I was super hesitant as well with the green but the color came out much nicer than I anticipated.

Got the Joker theme going
Old 08-16-15, 04:14 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
20" stepped lip ADV.1's

RSR Low SUS

thanks man! I was super hesitant as well with the green but the color came out much nicer than I anticipated.

Got the Joker theme going
Did you paint them or have someone else do them & who did you order the decals from? Thanks, Looks Really Good!
Old 08-16-15, 06:05 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Did you paint them or have someone else do them & who did you order the decals from? Thanks, Looks Really Good!
I did them with G2 Caliper paint.

Took 2 full kits and nearly 4 coats of pain in the ***; however I do know with proper prep these will last a long time.

Next time I will have them powder coated.

decals are high temp units from eBay
Old 08-21-15, 11:34 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Am I allowed to ask how to do what I want to do to the RCF, rather than to say what I've done? Will probably trade the 2015 GTR for an RCF, and the main reason is I want a quiet interior with a nice sound system while touring... but still want a firm, fast, and nimble car, so luxury cars like the LS460 F Sport would be too much of a change. Want something in-between, or a true GT car. Anyway, glad the RCF doesn't have the fake sound on M6s that you CANNOT deactivate. But don't want the 'piped' sound either. Read a Carlos Lago review that he disconnected the vacuum line opening the intake to the cabin, and that the car wasn't just quieter inside, but the engine sounded actually better. The good news is you can reverse this in a minute. And he said it also took a minute to do. My question for you guys is WHERE IS THIS VACUUM HOSE? Want to try disconnecting it; nothing to lose. Many thanks.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-21-15 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-23-15, 05:16 AM
youtsuki
Driver School Candidate

waiting for 3 month and finally get my rcf today,with apexi exhaust

Old 08-23-15, 04:37 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Nice ride bro! Did you get the resonated version of the Apexi Exhaust? How do you like it?
Old 09-04-15, 10:29 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Got my goodies from RRRacing just in time for track night, installed the air/oil separator but didn't have the time to install the USRS bushings.

Quality control on the air/oil separator is pretty bad, felt like they send me a used product.
The A/O separator has scuff marks on the unit, the mount had left over sticker residue on top, and canister smelled like oil.

Install was pretty simple, pulled the PCV hose on the intake manifold and connect it to the A/O separator and the connect the 2nd hose from the A/O back on to the intake manifold. The engine cover will need to be modified. Pics below...enjoy!

Last edited by RCFormante; 09-04-15 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-05-15, 11:07 AM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by RCF500
installed the air/oil separator
Hey, don't tell me we need that crap on this car in stock form. Thought my days of having to do that on all my GM cars were gone. Is the PCV that crappy on this $80K Lexus? Or did you modify your engine? Hope it's not needed.

Also did something to my car: removed the 'rear bumper applique' (came with a package), which looks like crap with a gold 'Lexus' logo. And also got the edges stained black (from the soot) in 3 days of ownership. Good riddance... but $75 down the drain. Oh well.

And installed a radar detector mount and hardwire mirror cable (no modification to the car whatsoever, as cable leads connect thru the BACK of the connector). OEM look, and a 'must do' mod without a 12V outlet on the dash IMO. I have more info on a thread I started, if anyone is interested. Have a great weekend folks.
Attached Thumbnails What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-rc-f-rd-8.jpg  
Old 09-05-15, 11:23 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey, don't tell me we need that crap on this car in stock form. Thought my days of having to do that on all my GM cars were gone. Is the PCV that crappy on this $80K Lexus? Or did you modify your engine? Hope it's not needed.

Also did something to my car: removed the 'rear bumper applique' (came with a package), which looks like crap with a gold 'Lexus' logo. And also got the edges stained black (from the soot) in 3 days of ownership. Good riddance... but $75 down the drain. Oh well.

And installed a radar detector mount and hardwire mirror cable (no modification to the car whatsoever, as cable leads connect thru the BACK of the connector). OEM look, and a 'must do' mod without a 12V outlet on the dash IMO. I have more info on a thread I started, if anyone is interested. Have a great weekend folks.
Nothing has been done to the engine. You don't really need it, if you don't really push your car everyday. When I first pulled my intake manifold hose out, there was oil pooling on the tip of the intake manifold connector.

That plastic piece with the Lexus logo in the back supposed to protect your car if you happen to travel with luggage. Lol.

As for the radar detector, I tapped mines in to the rain sensor, probably the only one...lol.
Old 09-05-15, 01:01 PM
JCtx
Racer

That plastic piece with the Lexus logo in the back supposed to protect your car if you happen to travel with luggage. Lol.
Indeed. I'm not 12. Never needed one, and nary a scratch on any of my cars. As I mentioned, it's NOT a family car. I'm the only one putting crap in the trunk... and that doesn't happen often. If I ever need one, would just put a piece of clear firm myself, not that gold 'Lexus' logoed crap. But the main reason to remove it is the edges get eventually stained, and looks awful. Much easier to clean the rear.

Anyway, thanks for your input on the PCV, but that's definitely NOT a good design, if you got that much oil on a stock engine. Won't track the car, but like to drive aggressively every once in a while. Will go back to your original post to read the model and brand, and reearch its dimensions. Then see if I can install it somewhere where it looks OEM, and no modification of the cover is required. HATE having to spend money on something Lexus should have done correctly, but better safe than sorry. Thanks again.
Old 09-05-15, 01:47 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Got my goodies from RRRacing just in time for track night, installed the air/oil separator but didn't have the time to install the USRS bushings.

Quality control on the air/oil separator is pretty bad, felt like they send me a used product.
The A/O separator has scuff marks on the unit, the mount had left over sticker residue on top, and canister smelled like oil.

Install was pretty simple, pulled the PCV hose on the intake manifold and connect it to the A/O separator and the connect the 2nd hose from the A/O back on to the intake manifold. The engine cover will need to be modified. Pics below...enjoy!

I am really sorry there were some blemishes on the AOS. We really scrambled to get that out to you so that you would have it on Friday for your track day. It is definitely not used, and what you see in the canister is simply water droplets from rinsing it off. We were in a major rush because we had to make the cutup for the shipment pickup.

To those of you who do not think its necessary... First off, if you don't push your car, having an RCF is not "necessary" either! Secondly, if you want to get a sense for how much oil accumulates and is ingested in the intake, just pull your PCV hose, it will be wet with oil. These engines belch massive amounts of oil through the PCV system.

We have had many great reviews of the AOS with the ISF folks, and some nice pics illustrating just how much oil our AOS intercepts during a typical track day.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html

Rafi

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-05-15, 10:50 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by RRRacing
These engines belch massive amounts of oil through the PCV system.
How the hell did they pass CA emissions? Sounds even worse than the crappy GM PCV system in Corvettes. Hard to believe. But now have zero doubt I need one of those things. Will definitely drive the car like it was meant to be. I'm doing lots of engine braking from 4K rpm during break-in, so I bet I have lots of oil consumed there already. Need to remedy that.

Have a question for you Rafi. Call me ****, but I don't want to modify my car at all. Where is the IS-F bracket hitting on the RC-F? No offense, but for $180, you should have redesigned the bracket to specifically fit the RC-F without modification. Or a smaller can. But definitely just plug&play. Need details and photos to see if I risk modifying it myself. Or look for another alternative, but need photos to make that decision. Thanks man.
Old 09-06-15, 07:23 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

How the hell did they pass CA emissions? Sounds even worse than the crappy GM PCV system in Corvettes. Hard to believe. But now have zero doubt I need one of those things. Will definitely drive the car like it was meant to be. I'm doing lots of engine braking from 4K rpm during break-in, so I bet I have lots of oil consumed there already. Need to remedy that.

Have a question for you Rafi. Call me ****, but I don't want to modify my car at all. Where is the IS-F bracket hitting on the RC-F? No offense, but for $180, you should have redesigned the bracket to specifically fit the RC-F without modification. Or a smaller can. But definitely just plug&play. Need details and photos to see if I risk modifying it myself. Or look for another alternative, but need photos to make that decision. Thanks man.
The only thing you need to do is trim part of the plastic on the RCF engine cover. The ISF and RCF covers are very similar, but the RCF has a rim that protrudes much lower than on the ISF. It is just black plastic and can easily be trimmed with a knife or dremel. If we made the bracket lower in order to clear the RCF engine cover without trimiming, the AOS would be positioned so low it would be very hard to access and very hard to see the level indicator.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-06-15, 12:06 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by RRRacing
The only thing you need to do is trim part of the plastic on the RCF engine cover.
I understand not lowering it, but why not trim your bracket instead? Don't know where it's hitting because nobody has posted details, but from the only pic showing your AOS, looks like the lower left part of your bracket is the problem. Rounding that corner should eliminate the contact, and still fit both IS-F and RC-F, no? Just saying to put a little more thought into a solution. Will ask RCF500 for details.
Old 09-06-15, 12:58 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

I understand not lowering it, but why not trim your bracket instead? Don't know where it's hitting because nobody has posted details, but from the only pic showing your AOS, looks like the lower left part of your bracket is the problem. Rounding that corner should eliminate the contact, and still fit both IS-F and RC-F, no? Just saying to put a little more thought into a solution. Will ask RCF500 for details.
A little bit of a hack job, didn't have a dremel, so I used a drill and went around the edges, pics below:

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?