RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone in the used RC-F market?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-15, 04:49 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Parenting is completely different this time around at 48. Keeps me feeling young. I did say I was done, ready to travel and etc., before meeting my current wife. Hard to tell younger wife no to kids . . . Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I could not imagine life without Olivia.

Here are pictures of all 3 on a rare occasion to have them all in the same place.
Hope you prenupped that. My old boss got remarried to a younger woman in his 50s and had 3 children with her. Then she divorced him soon after their third child and now he's paying two alimonies. Still makes enough money to drive a 991 carrera 4 cabrio though. I loved that thing.
Old 06-20-15, 04:57 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
I think the RC-F is in the wrong class. For one thing, 4,000 lbs is unacceptable in a sports car. However, if you look at the RC-F not as a sports car but as a grand tourer it makes 100% sense. I think that's the problem with how this car is being reviewed. Its being compared to cars where it will definitively lose b/c its not built to be what they are.
Lol, who freakin cares. Some are spending so much time trying to intellectualize what it is while I am out there enjoying the heck out of mine.

The Cayenne got horrendous reviews when it came out. The TT did also. Look at how those models have done. Then there are a lot of cars that got stellar reviews that bombed so who cares about reviews? I purchase based on my review (test driving) of the cars, not what someone else says.

Look, I drove various Porsche turbos as my daily drivers for over 10 years (993t, 996tt coupe, 996tt cab, 997tt) and the RCF actually drives and feels very comparable to the 996tts, very comparable. Does that make a 996tt a GT or the NA 911s GTs? How about the Maseratis? Are those GT cars?

Who cares if the M4 is a bit faster? I bought the RC F because of the way it looks . . ., well that and the M3 I traded was a disaster maintenance wise . . . I would have probably purchased the M4 another Porsche had someone not told me to check out the RC F. I purchased the RC F because it looks awesome and is something new and fresh.
Old 06-20-15, 05:01 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Hope you prenupped that. My old boss got remarried to a younger woman in his 50s and had 3 children with her. Then she divorced him soon after their third child and now he's paying two alimonies. Still makes enough money to drive a 991 carrera 4 cabrio though. I loved that thing.
Lol, classy comment . . .
Old 06-20-15, 05:38 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sraesmit
Just picked up a used one yesterday. 1700 miles, Prem Package, Nav w/o Levinson, Leather, 19" 10 Spoke wheels, Lo Jack and a few other little things for 66k.

Best deal I could find in San Diego.
Congrats on your New Purchase! & Welcome to the RCF Family! If you haven't already Post some Pics in the Pic Section!
Old 06-21-15, 09:50 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Lol, who freakin cares. Some are spending so much time trying to intellectualize what it is while I am out there enjoying the heck out of mine.

The Cayenne got horrendous reviews when it came out. The TT did also. Look at how those models have done. Then there are a lot of cars that got stellar reviews that bombed so who cares about reviews? I purchase based on my review (test driving) of the cars, not what someone else says.

Look, I drove various Porsche turbos as my daily drivers for over 10 years (993t, 996tt coupe, 996tt cab, 997tt) and the RCF actually drives and feels very comparable to the 996tts, very comparable. Does that make a 996tt a GT or the NA 911s GTs? How about the Maseratis? Are those GT cars?

Who cares if the M4 is a bit faster? I bought the RC F because of the way it looks . . ., well that and the M3 I traded was a disaster maintenance wise . . . I would have probably purchased the M4 another Porsche had someone not told me to check out the RC F. I purchased the RC F because it looks awesome and is something new and fresh.
The M4 isn't just a bit faster, its superior in every respect except the exhaust note. I'm just saying that the RCF is being compared in the wrong class. As a GT, its perfect. As a track car its terrible.

Lol, classy comment . . .
Just be careful. There was a little bit of the gold digger in Tara, my boss's second wife, but she was sweet as pie so I didn't think much of it. What gave it away was when he told me that he wanted to get rid of his horses once he moved on from his first wife Gloria who was an expert equestrian and the reason why he built a barn and bought the horses. But Tara though never rode at all wanted to keep them for no other reason than to have them. Then he found out she was sleeping with her trainer and ironically she filed for divorce and took their 3 kids. He makes enough that he didn't get cleaned out though.

My Katie grew up in wealth, her father is a real estate developer and he bought our house. But I knew she was the one when she didn't want a diamond engagement ring.

Last edited by TheBatman; 06-21-15 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-21-15, 03:49 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

The M4 isn't just a bit faster, its superior in every respect except the exhaust note. I'm just saying that the RCF is being compared in the wrong class. As a GT, its perfect. As a track car its terrible.

Just be careful. There was a little bit of the gold digger in Tara, my boss's second wife, but she was sweet as pie so I didn't think much of it. What gave it away was when he told me that he wanted to get rid of his horses once he moved on from his first wife Gloria who was an expert equestrian and the reason why he built a barn and bought the horses. But Tara though never rode at all wanted to keep them for no other reason than to have them. Then he found out she was sleeping with her trainer and ironically she filed for divorce and took their 3 kids. He makes enough that he didn't get cleaned out though.

My Katie grew up in wealth, her father is a real estate developer and he bought our house. But I knew she was the one when she didn't want a diamond engagement ring.
Lol, go troll somewhere else. Its obvious you are young, work for others and have very little clue about cars or hot women.

As far as prenump, my younger wifey might want one against me. She is an investment banker for BofA ML global markets and here is a picture of her in one of her cars that she purchased for herself.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in the used RC-F market?-10399912_100710469943026_3598385_n.jpg  

Last edited by DougHII; 06-21-15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-22-15, 10:33 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=My Katie grew up in wealth, her father is a real estate developer and he bought our house. But I knew she was the one when she didn't want a diamond engagement ring.[/QUOTE]

My wife surprised me when she said that she wanted the diamond engagement ring. We have been married over 36 years. She never wears the ring. YMMV.
Old 06-22-15, 01:47 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Lol, go troll somewhere else. Its obvious you are young, work for others and have very little clue about cars or hot women.

As far as prenump, my younger wifey might want one against me. She is an investment banker for BofA ML global markets and here is a picture of her in one of her cars that she purchased for herself.
Haha that's hilarious. Bitter old men on here.....let me know if you two break up. I'd like you marry her sans prenup

There were a few used RCFs hovering around $64k. Now $66k is the price to play.

Still too rich for my blood, but maybe some day
Old 06-22-15, 02:06 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Haha that's hilarious. Bitter old men on here.....let me know if you two break up. I'd like you marry her sans prenup

there were a couple of white RCF listed at 63,990 a week back

but they're sold by now.
Old 06-22-15, 03:37 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
My wife surprised me when she said that she wanted the diamond engagement ring. We have been married over 36 years. She never wears the ring. YMMV.
enough OT commentary, please get back on topic, thanks
Old 06-22-15, 06:37 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

. . . As a GT, its perfect. As a track car its terrible.
And this is baed on your vast track experience driving what? How much seat time do you have in an RC F on the track. How many laps and where have you driven an M4.

Forget the magazine reviewers. Most of those guys are amateurs and barely hitting 9/10s and occasionally scraping 10/10ths, but not consistently. Lol, I could probably lap most the magazine guys around the track with them in a Z06 and me in my Lotus Elise I use to instruct giving up 300 or 400 hp on a track like Barber.

Randy Pobst who I have raced with and is one the best posted very similar times in the M4 and the RC F. Very few can immediately jump in any car and drive it 10/10ths around an entire circuit on a consistent basis. Pobst is one of the guys.

Have you ever raced? Spec Racer Ford, Spec Miata, Porsche Club E and F and etc. are a blast competition wise, but an RC F would run circles around those cars on a track. Does that make these dedicated race cars terrible track cars because an RC F could feasible post better times?
Old 06-23-15, 07:36 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

moderator edit - Carnevino please exit this thread. No need for the rude personal commentary

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-23-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-23-15, 08:22 AM
sraesmit
Rookie

Spec miatas would probably dance all over a RC-F on a very technical track like SoW. A fast track like Big or ACS, I'm sure the RC-F would shine. I compete in Time Attack through Redline coming out of a 2015 STi Launch Edition and going to finish the rest of the year in the RC-F. Next Time Attack is 4/5, with 5th being the competition day. Hopefully I can make this pig stick through chicane and not get to squirrelly.

And this is baed on your vast track experience driving what? How much seat time do you have in an RC F on the track. How many laps and where have you driven an M4.

Forget the magazine reviewers. Most of those guys are amateurs and barely hitting 9/10s and occasionally scraping 10/10ths, but not consistently. Lol, I could probably lap most the magazine guys around the track with them in a Z06 and me in my Lotus Elise I use to instruct giving up 300 or 400 hp on a track like Barber.

Randy Pobst who I have raced with and is one the best posted very similar times in the M4 and the RC F. Very few can immediately jump in any car and drive it 10/10ths around an entire circuit on a consistent basis. Pobst is one of the guys.

Have you ever raced? Spec Racer Ford, Spec Miata, Porsche Club E and F and etc. are a blast competition wise, but an RC F would run circles around those cars on a track. Does that make these dedicated race cars terrible track cars because an RC F could feasible post better times?
Old 06-23-15, 05:01 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Yes. Like I said, as a track car the RCF is outmatched by everything in its class. But reframe it as a GT car and its the one you want to have as a daily driver.

Oh, I just had to correct your last sentence for you: "....because an RC F could feasibLY post better times?"

You're welcome.
Old 06-23-15, 05:05 PM
TheBatman
Driver

I think its going to dip even further. I remember when the FRS/BRZ came out and dealers were asking over MSRP, nine months later and they're sitting on their lots collecting dust. The bigger bro to the FRS/BRZ, the RCF, will suffer the same fate. These things are going to be one heck of a good value on the preowned market once the first time owners get slammed on the depreciation.

...circling like a vulture overhead....

Quick Reply: Anyone in the used RC-F market?