RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone seen this? RCF vs ISF

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-15, 09:55 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My runs with a stock ISF

Since I purchased my RC F back in March I've been wanting to run an IS F, but no luck.... until tonight.
I ran into the 2012 USB IS F on the highway and we made a pit stop to chat at a gas station and fill both cars up to 1/2 tank. Both cars stock, both drivers weigh ~180, both cars were paddle shifting. First run from 40mph he stayed close(2cars) til about 110 then he falls back by ~5 cars and I let off at 130. We ran from 50, same outcome. We ran from 60 and I pull harder on him so I let off at 120. Then he wants to run from a dead stop, so i engage expert mode and we got on it, ~3 car lengths up to 115 then it becomes double that by 140. We did it again, same outcome. Recently, I ran with an RC F that would have tied with this IS F. Just thought I would share.
Old 07-06-15, 01:01 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been a stock DCT M4 that ran 11.7. What is the fastest RCF time stock? Just wondering.
Old 07-06-15, 04:09 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
Since I purchased my RC F back in March I've been wanting to run an IS F, but no luck.... until tonight.
I ran into the 2012 USB IS F on the highway and we made a pit stop to chat at a gas station and fill both cars up to 1/2 tank. Both cars stock, both drivers weigh ~180, both cars were paddle shifting. First run from 40mph he stayed close(2cars) til about 110 then he falls back by ~5 cars and I let off at 130. We ran from 50, same outcome. We ran from 60 and I pull harder on him so I let off at 120. Then he wants to run from a dead stop, so i engage expert mode and we got on it, ~3 car lengths up to 115 then it becomes double that by 140. We did it again, same outcome. Recently, I ran with an RC F that would have tied with this IS F. Just thought I would share.
Good stuff. We have to meet up one of these days so I get get a win in for the ISF guys lol
Old 07-07-15, 08:03 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be alright with that, there also needs to be a Lexus meet. An F meet would be cool also, but wouldn't want to exclude anybody.
Old 07-07-15, 09:07 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Good stuff. We have to meet up one of these days so I get get a win in for the ISF guys lol
Slay, what is the Fastest you've run in the 1/4 mile & what all Mods have you done to it (what made you get rid of the 08', it must have Really been Quick & what was your Fastest 1/4 in it)! Thanks!
Old 07-07-15, 12:19 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Slay, what is the Fastest you've run in the 1/4 mile & what all Mods have you done to it (what made you get rid of the 08', it must have Really been Quick & what was your Fastest 1/4 in it)! Thanks!
Black car went 11.3 @124 on a 125 shot of nitrous, but it wasnt a full pass and I never took the car out of 4th gear. That car has trapped over 138mph during a big power test pass (activating nirous in 3rd gear) but got kicked out of the track for not having a roll bar. At its best, it was probably a 142-144mph car.
Mods:
Gutted Primary/Deleted Secondary Cats
Muffler Delete
JoeZ intake tube
Nitrous

Car was totaled from water damage as it sat in my garage. Came home and the car was under water

Its been pretty cool to see some of the RCF performing well though. Cant wait until someone gets one on nitrous an stretches a few M4s
Old 07-09-15, 03:30 PM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Its funny how people murder other cars and just kill and win ... Well RCF is a faster car no question asked .... Test drove it before i got my ISF , i had a 14 IS350 F sport for about three months and put 30k miles on it so i just wanted someting faster , but didnt wanna throw my money away, i had an offer on the ultra white RCF with every option sticker $ 80k and then i had an option of ISF 2012 with low miles warranty until 2018 and 125000miles for $ 47k .... Since i put a lot of miles on it it just wasnt worth it for me, because RCF would have 100k miles in like a year and a half and the resale value would make me throw away $ 30-40k in a year not counting extra warranty etc. So ISF was better choice and i wont lose that much money ... Even tho i loved the RCF , was even thinking about waiting and placing order on GSF , but to me ISF and RCF r cars that compare in their own classes, where GSF is nowhere close to M5 or E class AMG ..... But as the race go I would say all depence and there is a lots of factors .... I know RCF is faster , but from experience ISF will hold its ground , i ran against RCF from about 10mph roll to about 120 he had me by two cars by then stock for stock , but i didnt think it was that bad and the guy was actually suprised, cause he thought its a F-sport .... So RCF vs ISF .... RCF wins ISF still not bad for being just an older model missing on all the new cool techs RCF has ....
Old 07-10-15, 02:40 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toomah1985
Its funny how people murder other cars and just kill and win ... Well RCF is a faster car no question asked .... Test drove it before i got my ISF , i had a 14 IS350 F sport for about three months and put 30k miles on it so i just wanted someting faster , but didnt wanna throw my money away, i had an offer on the ultra white RCF with every option sticker $ 80k and then i had an option of ISF 2012 with low miles warranty until 2018 and 125000miles for $ 47k .... Since i put a lot of miles on it it just wasnt worth it for me, because RCF would have 100k miles in like a year and a half and the resale value would make me throw away $ 30-40k in a year not counting extra warranty etc. So ISF was better choice and i wont lose that much money ... Even tho i loved the RCF , was even thinking about waiting and placing order on GSF , but to me ISF and RCF r cars that compare in their own classes, where GSF is nowhere close to M5 or E class AMG ..... But as the race go I would say all depence and there is a lots of factors .... I know RCF is faster , but from experience ISF will hold its ground , i ran against RCF from about 10mph roll to about 120 he had me by two cars by then stock for stock , but i didnt think it was that bad and the guy was actually suprised, cause he thought its a F-sport .... So RCF vs ISF .... RCF wins ISF still not bad for being just an older model missing on all the new cool techs RCF has ....
This forum has proved for both the RCF and ISF that not all cars are considered equal. A full bolt-on ISF should be faster than a stock RCF and thats just the numbers of it. Stock to Stock the RCF will have an advantage. Ive yet to see a full bolt-on RCF, but when they get there ill give the platform a slight advantage.
Old 07-11-15, 09:14 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

This forum has proved for both the RCF and ISF that not all cars are considered equal. A full bolt-on ISF should be faster than a stock RCF and thats just the numbers of it. Stock to Stock the RCF will have an advantage. Ive yet to see a full bolt-on RCF, but when they get there ill give the platform a slight advantage.
seems like all you ISF guys do is surf the RCF forums trying to bash the RCF.

what you said is not true at all, I had a street encounter with a bolt ons ISF and he had no chance messing with the RCF.
Old 07-12-15, 09:38 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black car went 11.3 @124 on a 125 shot of nitrous, but it wasnt a full pass and I never took the car out of 4th gear. That car has trapped over 138mph during a big power test pass (activating nirous in 3rd gear) but got kicked out of the track for not having a roll bar. At its best, it was probably a 142-144mph car.
Mods:
Gutted Primary/Deleted Secondary Cats
Muffler Delete
JoeZ intake tube
Nitrous

Car was totaled from water damage as it sat in my garage. Came home and the car was under water

Its been pretty cool to see some of the RCF performing well though. Cant wait until someone gets one on nitrous an stretches a few M4s
138mph ? What size shot? It had to be a big one.
Old 07-12-15, 11:58 AM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
seems like all you ISF guys do is surf the RCF forums trying to bash the RCF.

what you said is not true at all, I had a street encounter with a bolt ons ISF and he had no chance messing with the RCF.
Well since i like cars over all and RCF was one of my options, i like to read about it , i would never bash or question how fast that car is and never did if you read my post properly , RCF does have a lot of advantage over ISF due to new techs, more power and what not, At the end of the day ISF is the older model , but to your claim , that MRxSLAYx is not right about what he said here are some numbers to back up his claim ..... before i start writing the numbers, let me say that im not questioning witch is faster around corners on the track , the numbers are based on posts and proven gains of people on here, numbers are diferent for every car, so they might be different in some cases, either higher or lower, so i took average gains , numbers were converted based on cars average drivetrain power loss, numbers should probably show how car would do in straight line performance (even tho there is a lot of other factors):

ISF Vs. RCF

Curb weight: 3780pounds 3958pounds

Stock BHP
( WHP): 416(350) 467(392)

PoundxBHP: 9.08 8.47

JoeZ intake +
Exhaust : 448bhp375whp 497bhp417whp
Peak: 455bhp381whp 507bhp426whp
Weight saving 6 pounds

PoundxBHP: 8.42 7.95

JoeZ intake+
Exhaust+
Sikky headers: 488bhp405whp
Weight savings 8 pounds

PoundxBHP: 7.71

So based on these numbers MRxSLAYx's claim is right stock for stock RCF wins , if they both have exhaust and intake again RCF wins and u can combine all different races , but ISF with I/H/E vs. stock RCF 7.71pounds per horsepower vs. 8.41pounds per horsepower ..... Again if u add the same stuff to RCF you win again so my ISF will have no chance against u KAREEMRCF 😉 .... Like those ISFs with bolt ons u beat .... Not saying that u didnt , i wasnt there 😊
Old 07-12-15, 12:12 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Is f owner here, i think straight away stock vs stock rc f wins. Both same mod rc f wins, but track wise its all about the driver.
Old 07-12-15, 02:23 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by Toomah1985
Well since i like cars over all and RCF was one of my options, i like to read about it , i would never bash or question how fast that car is and never did if you read my post properly , RCF does have a lot of advantage over ISF due to new techs, more power and what not, At the end of the day ISF is the older model , but to your claim , that MRxSLAYx is not right about what he said here are some numbers to back up his claim ..... before i start writing the numbers, let me say that im not questioning witch is faster around corners on the track , the numbers are based on posts and proven gains of people on here, numbers are diferent for every car, so they might be different in some cases, either higher or lower, so i took average gains , numbers were converted based on cars average drivetrain power loss, numbers should probably show how car would do in straight line performance (even tho there is a lot of other factors):

ISF Vs. RCF

Curb weight: 3780pounds 3958pounds

Stock BHP
( WHP): 416(350) 467(392)

PoundxBHP: 9.08 8.47

JoeZ intake +
Exhaust : 448bhp375whp 497bhp417whp
Peak: 455bhp381whp 507bhp426whp
Weight saving 6 pounds

PoundxBHP: 8.42 7.95

JoeZ intake+
Exhaust+
Sikky headers: 488bhp405whp
Weight savings 8 pounds

PoundxBHP: 7.71

So based on these numbers MRxSLAYx's claim is right stock for stock RCF wins , if they both have exhaust and intake again RCF wins and u can combine all different races , but ISF with I/H/E vs. stock RCF 7.71pounds per horsepower vs. 8.41pounds per horsepower ..... Again if u add the same stuff to RCF you win again so my ISF will have no chance against u KAREEMRCF �� .... Like those ISFs with bolt ons u beat .... Not saying that u didnt , i wasnt there ��
power is nothing without control, if you have all those bolt ons on the isf and still not putting the power down properly it still won't be faster than a stock rcf.

the ISF I ran into had atleast exhaust and headers, and floored it before me and I walked past him..

even your old posts shows that you just broke into the 12s with bolt ons.. a stock RCF does 12.5 bone stock.

go figure.

Last edited by kareemRCF; 07-12-15 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-12-15, 02:25 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

another thing to keep into consideration, I own a 2010 Cayman S PDK.

stock vs stock pre 2011s ISF I use to beat them, but then the new DFI ISFs were faster than me.

now I have a full bolts on cayman S PDK (exhaust, filter, plenum, ecu, throttle body) and I'm faster than c63s, m3s, and ISFs.

but.... my bone stock RCF murders my porsche, especially in top speed.

I don't mean to bash ISFs... they are quick and lovely cars but the electronics and power in the RCF is too much for even a bolts on ISF.
Old 07-12-15, 02:47 PM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
power is nothing without control, if you have all those bolt ons on the isf and still not putting the power down properly it still won't be faster than a stock rcf.

the ISF I ran into had atleast exhaust and headers, and floored it before me and I walked past him..

even your old posts shows that you just broke into the 12s with bolt ons.. a stock RCF does 12.5 bone stock.

go figure.
Thats true GO FIGURE
Read properly buds ... Im all stock ran at 84degrees in florida,uuuu can only imagine what i would get with full bolt ons ))) could probably break under 12.5 .... Would that finally make me faster than u ))) i know it wouldnt , because i wouldnt put the power down ((((((
as far as putting power down? 60whp extra isnt that big of a deal to put down
As far as the ISF u raced witch u dont even know what bolt ons it had , he had a supercharger too and u walked all over him , because he couldnt put all that power down ������... U have the fastest car in the world i get it ....
But u r missing the point and i never said RCF was worst or slower but with full bolt ons i think even your fastest RCF will have some trouble

Last edited by Toomah1985; 07-12-15 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this? RCF vs ISF