RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?

Old 05-04-15, 09:34 PM
6i9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?

Anyone seeing some fade/wear marks already on the leather seats? The area where seat belt magnetic clasps that hold the seat belt in place is showing some wear marks in the Circuit red leather.

Wondering how other owners seats are faring after a few thousand miles. I'm at 3000.

Last edited by 6i9; 05-05-15 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 06:34 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post a pic.

Originally Posted by 6i9
Anyone seeing some fade/wear marks already on the leather seats? The area where seat belt magnetic clasps that hold the seat belt in place is showing some wear marks in the Infrared leather.

Wondering how other owners seats are faring after a few thousand miles. I'm at 3000.
Old 05-05-15, 07:31 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My black leather is ok at 1k miles. (no fade or wear) I did use some Meguires Leather conditioner when I 1st got it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-05-15, 10:42 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Post a pic.
^^^^this! A Pic is worth a thousand words!
Old 05-05-15, 10:55 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The height and angle of your seat may have something to do with it.

I personally do not use the clasp as I thought this could be the outcome.

Apply a leather preservative. It should preserve and protect.

Originally Posted by 6i9
Anyone seeing some fade/wear marks already on the leather seats? The area where seat belt magnetic clasps that hold the seat belt in place is showing some wear marks in the Infrared leather.

Old 05-05-15, 11:07 AM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

I have the same issue. Gray interior. I will hit 5000 miles soon, so a visit to the dealer will be scheduled shortly. I will inquire about a resolution and post my results.
Attached Thumbnails Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?-20150505_110854.jpg   Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?-20150505_110901.jpg   Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?-20150505_110910.jpg  

Last edited by RCFSid; 05-05-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added photos.
Old 05-05-15, 01:30 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFSid
I have the same issue. Gray interior. I will hit 5000 miles soon, so a visit to the dealer will be scheduled shortly. I will inquire about a resolution and post my results.
Do you have leather or NuLuxe? I know the NuLuxe is having issues. There's a thread in the regular RC forum about it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...olding-up.html

He titled his post wrong. He thought he had leather, but instead has NuLuxe.
Old 05-05-15, 03:59 PM
6i9
Driver

Whether you use the clasp or not, the seat belt when worn will rest against the shoulder bolster and rub against it through natural movement.

I'll post a picture later tonight. It's not quite worn through as the previous picture above, but I can see it getting darker
Old 05-05-15, 04:23 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mistake; Stratus Gray and Circuit Red are only available in leather. I hope you guys get this sorted out. It's unacceptable with barely any miles on the car.

I have black leather and am OK, but only have 9xx miles right now.
Old 05-05-15, 04:23 PM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Do you have leather or NuLuxe? I know the NuLuxe is having issues. There's a thread in the regular RC forum about it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...olding-up.html

He titled his post wrong. He thought he had leather, but instead has NuLuxe.
Regardless of whether it is NuLuxe or leather, I don't believe the sides of the seat (where the wear is happening) are the same material as the top (butt/back contact) part of the seat.

I have the premium package with the additional design stitching in gray which I believe only comes in leather, FYI.
Old 05-05-15, 06:07 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is completely unacceptable....and I hope they can resolve this issue. I ordered stratus gray too and that is not something I care to look at every time I get in the car. My G37 has 70,000 and the leather still looks new....no wear and tear. Are all owners experiencing this problem?
Old 05-06-15, 11:22 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! The only thing that I can think of that could save this area is a small piece of sheepskin that you could "Velcro" around the strap at that point. That, or a harness system that would allow you to use the holes in the back of the seat.
Old 05-06-15, 12:30 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I've spoken to my buddies at JPM Coachworks and they said they'll craft me something and bring it done for Memorial Day weekend( coming to spend weekend with us). I'll keep you guys posted. Just a side note, I was wondering myself if this would be an issue a few weeks back.... Mine hasn't started to wear, but I was looking at it and thought it would on down the road. That being said, my RC F isn't my daily so it hasn't become an issue just yet. Like another poster said above this is totally unacceptable. My passenger seat has been broken since I took delivery( won't slide forward when seat is tilted forward. I don't have passengers riding in the back so I'm kinda just waiting for my 5k service to bring it up. My dealer is about 150 miles from me.
Old 05-06-15, 12:59 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFSid
Looks more like a chunk fell out from the pics, than rubbing/worn. Not a uniform wear pattern I'd expect from a belt. Did you clean it with anything particular? Pics make it appear more like the material is breaking down.
Old 05-06-15, 04:24 PM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Looks more like a chunk fell out from the pics, than rubbing/worn. Not a uniform wear pattern I'd expect from a belt. Did you clean it with anything particular? Pics make it appear more like the material is breaking down.
Other than the interior protection I was sold by the dealer at the time of purchase, I haven't used anything to clean it. Also, it is not a chunk. It is definitely material that has been worn away due to the rubbing of the seat belt in that area.

I scheduled an appointment to take the car in for it's 5000 mile service later this evening, so we'll see what the service adviser has to say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?