RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Reason why you picked an RCF

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 10:52 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason why you picked an RCF

Hey everyone, been following the talk on RCF forum, and beginning to really pick my brain deciding to go with an RCF or something else. Currently have an ISF with PPE headers and a Borla catback. My warranty runs out next year, so it wouldn't make sense to sell it now. But i am planning ahead. Too be honest its been so great that its even hard to part away. Most of my friends have Porsches and vettes, only one with a Lexus. Funny thing is they love my car and say to keep it and get something else. However they all suggest i do not get an RCF, due to the weight and their opinion upgraded coupe version of the ISF that is not quicker than the ISF. In theory power to weight ratio its not, with gimmicks they got going for it, it is definitely quicker on track. Wonder how much more potential will headers and exhaust provide out of that motor compared to the ISF. But honestly RCF is very hard to pass on considering the great experience I've have had with the ISF. Only other car in mind that i have considered is the Porsche Cayman S, light midengine supercar characteristics NA V6 reliability is on par with Lexus and its about same price as the RCF. Some dealers even provide 100,000 mile warranty at no extra charge. What do you guys think? Let me know why you picked the RCF
Old 04-21-15, 11:27 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

1) I love the looks of it
2) My ownership experience with other Lexus cars has been fantastic, no stress, excellent service
3) I won't buy another BMW so that ruled out the M4. Traded in a Merc towards the RCF, but the C63 coupe isn't out yet to compare. Drove an RS5, really nice car, felt a bit slower but the exhaust sounds awesome.
4) I won't be going to the track, so many of the reviews that focus on numbers don't mean much to me
5) It sounds great under load
6) It's quiet and comfortable for long trips
7) One of the best handling road cars I've driven
8) It's different, nice to see something out of the norm
9) The quality of the car in general is very high, no rattles or squeaks, trim all fits properly, etc
10) removed, inappropriate for CL

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-22-15 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 11:45 AM
followtheF
Rookie

I traded in my 08 ISF for the RCF, and while sometimes people focus on what the RCF isn't the *best* at, there's SO much it's great at to make it an easy choice. There aren't many cars that can offer you ALL of the following: superior reliability/warranty, excellent comfort, back seats, cargo space big enough for a couple of golf bags or suitcases, a quiet cabin, lots of standard features, unique style, roaring acceleration, awesome exhaust note, tight handling, great value, the best safety rating in its class... and ultimately make you feel like you picked the right car whether you're sitting in traffic, cruising on a sunday afternoon, or really pushing the car to have some fun. It really is a great car.
Old 04-21-15, 11:56 AM
aristott
Rookie

I hate the fact that Lexus even tries to compare their cars to supercars and other sports cars. I bought my RC-F to tour. 99% of most people call my RC-F an RC-Fsport! Lexus did NOT even enhance their interior to leather dash, more alcantara. It looks 99% the same as the regular RC350 but with very nice bucket seats and LCD display. The exterior should have had wider rear quarter panels, not IS250 exhaust tips, different tail light design over the RC350. If an M4 pulls up next to me I must have my tail between my legs because he will be 3 times faster. My GT-R is a bigger car and weights nearly 200 pounds less and in every way is faster then the LF-A but priced just a bit higher. My Mclaren is light years ahead in performance over the LF-A. What is Lexus doing? I really like how anyone who can sit here and defend Lexus?? most even defending have zero track time or experience driving any great roads in Europe. Mercedes came out with the E55 over 12 YEARS (yes 12 years ago) and has more power than the 2016 Lexus GS-F!! What is Lexus thinking??? just call the GS-F (GS500) because the Jaguar XF V8 has 470hp and XF-R has about 550hp. Either you do it right or don't do it at all. I've been a Lexus owner from 1996 and had a Turbo GS300 in 1997 when most didn't know about their 2JZ engines, Lexus needs to step up their game and if we want all the options then make it available to PAY for it. I don't want to hear the cheap people who can't afford more than a sunroof option keep talking about value. Again I bought my RC-F for touring, the ride is good and it looks great, especially after some mods.
Old 04-21-15, 12:20 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Well that was an entertaining read, sounds like you made a poor choice if it embarrasses you and makes you angry lol
Old 04-21-15, 01:33 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
I hate the fact that Lexus even tries to compare their cars to supercars and other sports cars. I bought my RC-F to tour. 99% of most people call my RC-F an RC-Fsport! Lexus did NOT even enhance their interior to leather dash, more alcantara. It looks 99% the same as the regular RC350 but with very nice bucket seats and LCD display. The exterior should have had wider rear quarter panels, not IS250 exhaust tips, different tail light design over the RC350. If an M4 pulls up next to me I must have my tail between my legs because he will be 3 times faster. My GT-R is a bigger car and weights nearly 200 pounds less and in every way is faster then the LF-A but priced just a bit higher. My Mclaren is light years ahead in performance over the LF-A. What is Lexus doing? I really like how anyone who can sit here and defend Lexus?? most even defending have zero track time or experience driving any great roads in Europe. Mercedes came out with the E55 over 12 YEARS (yes 12 years ago) and has more power than the 2016 Lexus GS-F!! What is Lexus thinking??? just call the GS-F (GS500) because the Jaguar XF V8 has 470hp and XF-R has about 550hp. Either you do it right or don't do it at all. I've been a Lexus owner from 1996 and had a Turbo GS300 in 1997 when most didn't know about their 2JZ engines, Lexus needs to step up their game and if we want all the options then make it available to PAY for it. I don't want to hear the cheap people who can't afford more than a sunroof option keep talking about value. Again I bought my RC-F for touring, the ride is good and it looks great, especially after some mods.
LOL, my McLaren, my GTR . . . just had throw those comparison in to the LFA as it is so relevant to the RCF . .. or to make oneself feel relevant???

M4 3 times faster. Psst, you have to hit the little paddle thingy on the right with the + sign or you do not go any faster in first gear when your tach is bouncing up and down between 7k and 7.3k.
Old 04-21-15, 01:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
My GT-R is a bigger car and weights nearly 200 pounds less and in every way is faster then the LF-A but priced just a bit higher. My Mclaren is light years ahead in performance over the LF-A. What is Lexus doing? I really like how anyone who can sit here and defend Lexus??
And what GTR is that weighs 200 lbs less than an LFA? LOL

What McLaren do you own? BTW, anyone who drives an LFA and McLaren or the bazillionth time updated GTR back to back, almost never picks them over the LFA, which has been basically unchanged since 2009. That speaks volumes.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-21-15 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 01:54 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
And what GTR is that weighs 200 lbs less than an LFA? LOL

What McLaren do you own? BTW, anyone who drives an LFA and McLaren or GTR back to back, almost never picks them over the LFA. That speaks volumes.
May be a guy named Hayden who I know through some people that has a white GTR and a MP4-12c. Lol, about his track talk though and the LFA. Some need to learn to walk before they run . . .
Old 04-21-15, 01:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
May be a guy named Hayden who I know through some people that has a white GTR and a MP4-12c.
Yeah, what is truly laughable is, he thinks LFA is 200 lbs heavier than a GTR.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-21-15 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 02:00 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, what is truly laughable is, he thinks LFA is 200 lbs heavier than a GTR.
or that he is in the big leagues with a GTR or MP4-12c. Cool cars, but nothing to get on the high horse about and refer to others as cheap. Again, I think I know who that is and attitude is not shocking if it is he . . .
Old 04-21-15, 02:07 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Probably just trolling for fanboys haha
Old 04-21-15, 02:13 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by z3nk1
probably just trolling for fanboys haha
. . . . . . . . .
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-15, 02:29 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Now that we completely derailed poor dude's thread.

OP:

I am a Porsche guy. Owned many except the Boxter and Cayman. I, however, have a fair amount of seat time in Caymans instructing for Porsche Driver Experience and Sport Driving School. Great cars on the track. Very neutral and easy to drive. I have never had issues with Porsche reliability and used various 99X twint turbos as daily drivers for about 10 years. Bullet proof, easy to drive around town and comfortable.

I picked an RC F because it was something new, different and has a good size back seat for my 3 1/2 year old in her car seat. She cannot yet fit in the back of 911s. Not sure what I would pick as my daily driver at the moment if I had no need whatsoever for a back seat. Completely happy with the RCF.

If the back seat and size is not an issue for you, drive both and pick the one that puts the biggest smile on your face.
Old 04-21-15, 04:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Z3NK1 & followtheF pretty much covered it for me also! Actually, me & the wife went in to get her LS460 & i saw the RCF (for the very 1st time ever, Lol) & i just joked with her & said she needed to re-think about which car she wanted & that she would look really good in the RCF. By the end of the day, she had talked me in to getting it & she got her LS460! I had never even heard of an RCF & i knew how Great the Lexus Brand was (wife has had an GS350 first & then she had an 09' LS460) both were Great cars. I drove the RCF & was really impressed, i mean you can't beat a Really Elegant Car that just happens to be Pretty Fast, i also didn't get this one to be one of the Baddest Cars in town (i've got a couple of other pretty fast cars). This color of Blue has Always been one of my Favorite Colors & was actually going to be the color of my next Viper but i just happened to come with my wife at the Right Moment & the Right Color RCF just happened to have MY Name on it!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 04-21-15 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 07:35 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Z3NK1 & followtheF pretty much covered it for me also! Actually, me & the wife went in to get her LS460 & i saw the RCF (for the very 1st time ever, Lol) & i just joked with her & said she needed to re-think about which car she wanted & that she would look really good in the RCF. By the end of the day, she had talked me in to getting it & she got her LS460! I had never even heard of an RCF & i knew how Great the Lexus Brand was (wife has had an GS350 first & then she had an 09' LS460) both were Great cars. I drove the RCF & was really impressed, i mean you can't beat a Really Elegant Car that just happens to be Pretty Fast, i also didn't get this one to be one of the Baddest Cars in town (i've got a couple of other pretty fast cars). This color of Blue has Always been one of my Favorite Colors & was actually going to be the color of my next Viper but i just happened to come with my wife at the Right Moment & the Right Color RCF just happened to have MY Name on it!
Good wife! Good garage. A lucky man.

Quick Reply: Reason why you picked an RCF