RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Are your headlights too high?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-19, 12:15 AM
moahdriven
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Are your headlights too high?

Getting a lot of highbeaming from approaching cars, and my headlights do seem to be angled pretty high...I got my RCF used, was a lease return, one owner, and pretty sure that owner never tinkered with the light angle, unless maybe they told Lexus it was too low and service changed the angle?

Anyway, just wanna know if they're really bright and angled up stock and if everyone has that issue or mine is different and I needa have my dealer angle it down a bit
Old 10-07-19, 05:56 AM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

Both Lexus cars I own and bought new are definitely aimed on the low side. I need to aim a little higher but haven’t messed with the lights yet..
Old 10-07-19, 09:37 PM
moahdriven
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Aight thanks for the info. Will have the dealer adjust it next time I'm there
Old 10-08-19, 06:22 AM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Pretty easy to do at home. Mine are substantially low and I'll need to adjust them soon.

Quick reference:

Quite a bit more detail here:
The following users liked this post:
rp2000r (10-08-19)
Old 10-09-19, 04:07 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Same Here !!

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
Pretty easy to do at home. Mine are substantially low and I'll need to adjust them soon.

Quite a bit more detail here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZxhNNjvm0
DITTO! Mine are also Lower than Normal which I thank you for this Video. Nothing worse than only being able to see one car length ahead of you at night! Add inclement weather and it becomes even worse! I will most definitely be adjusting mine at night with it parked facing my garage of a huge wall to even them out. I know its been said in many other Threads, but if there are "TRUE" Replacement LED Bulbs that are easy to install - I'd do it if I knew which ones to use?

Note: About a month ago I got suckered into buying "Pre-Cut" Vinyl pieces to conduct a Chrome Delete, which were subsequently returned right away due to fitment. Included in this purchase were two Round Yellow pieces of film to be applied to Fog Lights. Well, look again Gunny - you do not have "Fog Lights" on this car! Since the Triple Beams are all little Rectangles behind the housing glass- I cut one Yellow Piece to the exact shape of one "Bulb" and simply applied it over the outsode of the Headlight Housing. I had no intention of keeping this odd looking film on the car, but after several comments from both friends and strangers on how cool it looked from a distance - I have kept them on. While driving at night, they do seem to project a somewhat helpful "Glare" - cant think of a better term to explain this. Since I need to conduct a Pro Photo Shoot for BC Forged, I will take some at dusk to show the yellow hue.