RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

US Spec - Lane Departure Warning?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-15, 04:53 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Spec - Lane Departure Warning?

Went and test drove a RC F before I ordered mine and noticed that it didn't have lane departure warning, just remembered seeing it on the steering wheel from various pictures/videos.

Am I correct that for whatever reason the US missed out on this option?
Old 04-14-15, 05:17 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TigerAC3
Went and test drove a RC F before I ordered mine and noticed that it didn't have lane departure warning, just remembered seeing it on the steering wheel from various pictures/videos.

Am I correct that for whatever reason the US missed out on this option?
I believe it's considered an option.
Old 04-15-15, 11:27 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like lane departure is part of the Performance Package ($5500)
Old 04-16-15, 09:56 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
Looks like lane departure is part of the Performance Package ($5500)
It also shows it as being part of the Premium Package. I have the Premium Package and it's not on the car. Maybe it's Canadian spec only. Who knows.
Old 04-16-15, 11:24 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
It also shows it as being part of the Premium Package. I have the Premium Package and it's not on the car. Maybe it's Canadian spec only. Who knows.
Exactly, who knows. I have found that even the Lexus sales people are not very knowledgeable on the RC-F options/packages. I do know (or at least told by Lexus dealer and website) that Performance Package requires Premium Package, but not vice-versa.
Old 04-16-15, 02:53 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking at Lexus.com, the Lane Departure is part of the Performance Package.
Old 04-16-15, 04:54 PM
followtheF
Rookie

Originally Posted by gs400jon
Looking at Lexus.com, the Lane Departure is part of the Performance Package.
Yeah it seems like it's an additional option though, because I got the performance package/premium package and I don't have it. I'll have to double check what my equipment list said I guess. You would think this would be an easy thing to figure out. lol
Old 04-16-15, 05:02 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by followtheF
Yeah it seems like it's an additional option though, because I got the performance package/premium package and I don't have it. I'll have to double check what my equipment list said I guess. You would think this would be an easy thing to figure out. lol

Pulled the following off the Lexus.com website. That you don't have Lane Departure is very weird.

FEATURED PACKAGE
PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
Torque Vectoring Differential, carbon fiber rear wing, carbon fiber roof and more.

$5,500* SAVE PACKAGE
EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS PACKAGE
Lexus RC F Technology Features Details Torque Vectoring DifferentialLexus RC F Comfort & Design Features Carbon fiber roofLexus RC F Comfort and Design Features Carbon fiber rear wing
ALSO INCLUDED
Lexus RC F Comfort & Design Features Heated and ventilated front seatsLexus RC F Comfort and Design Features Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverseLexus RC F Safety Features Rain-sensing wipersLexus RC F Safety Features Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic AlertLexus RC F Safety Features Intuitive Parking AssistLexus memory system Lexus memory system Premium Triple–Beam LED Headlamps BLACK CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM LANE DEPARTURE ALERT
Old 04-17-15, 08:48 AM
followtheF
Rookie

Originally Posted by gs400jon
Pulled the following off the Lexus.com website. That you don't have Lane Departure is very weird.

FEATURED PACKAGE
PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
Torque Vectoring Differential, carbon fiber rear wing, carbon fiber roof and more.

$5,500* SAVE PACKAGE
EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS PACKAGE
Lexus RC F Technology Features Details Torque Vectoring DifferentialLexus RC F Comfort & Design Features Carbon fiber roofLexus RC F Comfort and Design Features Carbon fiber rear wing
ALSO INCLUDED
Lexus RC F Comfort & Design Features Heated and ventilated front seatsLexus RC F Comfort and Design Features Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverseLexus RC F Safety Features Rain-sensing wipersLexus RC F Safety Features Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic AlertLexus RC F Safety Features Intuitive Parking AssistLexus memory system Lexus memory system Premium Triple–Beam LED Headlamps BLACK CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM LANE DEPARTURE ALERT
I thought I remember though if you try to build online, you have to select lane departure as an additional option on top of the other packages? I'll have to check my equipment list this weekend, maybe I have it and I've just never realized it because I drive in the lanes!
Old 04-17-15, 11:41 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by followtheF
I thought I remember though if you try to build online, you have to select lane departure as an additional option on top of the other packages? I'll have to check my equipment list this weekend, maybe I have it and I've just never realized it because I drive in the lanes!
I am at the dealership checking on my RC F order. If you have the Lane Departure, you will see a camera mounted close to the rear view mirror on the front windshield.

Checked out the seats and I like the NuLuxe trimmed better than the leather. It really holds you snug
Old 04-20-15, 06:19 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, I didn't order the performance package so mine won't be coming with it.

I wonder if it's an option that could be added by purchasing the required items.
Old 04-20-15, 06:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TigerAC3
Thanks for the info, I didn't order the performance package so mine won't be coming with it.

I wonder if it's an option that could be added by purchasing the required items.
This is the option that I did not get. The last thing I need is a warning telling me that I am shifting lanes.
Old 04-21-15, 06:53 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fysisist
Exactly, who knows. I have found that even the Lexus sales people are not very knowledgeable on the RC-F options/packages. I do know (or at least told by Lexus dealer and website) that Performance Package requires Premium Package, but not vice-versa.
Version 2. Just talked with Corporate. The Lane Departure feature is part of the Performance Pkg. There is a button called, LDA on the STEERING COLUMN, so it's behind the steering wheel, is what I was told this morning.