RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Custom Image Via USB

Old 04-03-15, 03:07 PM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Image Via USB

Anyone figure this out yet, I went to settings > general > customize image and I deleted the Sewell one that was there, however now options to pick from USB etc are all greyed out. I tried formatting memory USB, and using different file types (jpeg, png, jpg), but no luck.
Old 04-03-15, 03:18 PM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The USB needs to be formatted on a Windows PC. Mac will not work. Next you need to put the image in a folder named "Image" (without the quotes, and is case sensitive). The image's name can't be more than 32 characters including the the file extension (even if it's hidden). The file cannot exceed 10MB. The best image size/ratio is 8.25"x5". (In pixels its ~637x375px)
Old 04-03-15, 03:19 PM
Zydan
Driver

Originally Posted by AZLexTech
The USB needs to be formatted on a Windows PC. Mac will not work. Next you need to put the image in a folder named "Image" (without the quotes, and is case sensitive). The image's name can't be more than 32 characters including the the file extension (even if it's hidden). The file cannot exceed 10MB. The best image size/ratio is 8.25"x5". (In pixels its ~637x375px)
You're the man, going to try it now, thanks!
Old 04-03-15, 03:21 PM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zydan
You're the man, going to try it now, thanks!
No problem. Let me know that it works. I'm going to be adding our dealerships custom image to all of our inventory in the next few days. I haven't done any Gen8 systems yet, but they seem to be easier than the Gen7.
Old 04-03-15, 03:26 PM
Zydan
Driver

Still didn't work, I formatted Fat 32 then crated a folder called Image , moved a jpeg image into the folder under a very short name, but still all greyed out.

When I insert the USB it says reading then it just says no music found.
Old 04-03-15, 03:52 PM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Still didn't work, I formatted Fat 32 then crated a folder called Image , moved a jpeg image into the folder under a very short name, but still all greyed out.

When I insert the USB it says reading then it just says no music found.
Give me 15 minutes. I'm going to go check on a car on our lot right now. I might be off a step.
Old 04-03-15, 04:04 PM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Ok So here is my step by step for the Gen8. (Let this be known though, I don't have a RC F currently to try. I just performed this on a 2015 NX 200t F-sport.)

1. Format your image on a PC to the ratio of 8.25"x5" or ~637x375px. (The vehicle cannot auto-compress)
2. Verify the image is no larger than 10MB.
3. Verify the image name is no longer than 32 characters including the file extension.
4. Make sure nothing else is on the USB drive you're using. (The only folder than should be present is the "Image" folder without the quotes)
5. Insert the USB drive into one of the USB slots and turn the vehicle on.
6. Menu > General > Customize Images > Copy from USB.
7. You should then be able to select the image you want for Display off and Start up.

It looks like you can load up to 10 images.

Let me know what step is acting up.
Old 04-04-15, 02:45 PM
Zydan
Driver

Ok So here is my step by step for the Gen8. (Let this be known though, I don't have a RC F currently to try. I just performed this on a 2015 NX 200t F-sport.)

1. Format your image on a PC to the ratio of 8.25"x5" or ~637x375px. (The vehicle cannot auto-compress)
2. Verify the image is no larger than 10MB.
3. Verify the image name is no longer than 32 characters including the file extension.
4. Make sure nothing else is on the USB drive you're using. (The only folder than should be present is the "Image" folder without the quotes)
5. Insert the USB drive into one of the USB slots and turn the vehicle on.
6. Menu > General > Customize Images > Copy from USB.
7. You should then be able to select the image you want for Display off and Start up.

It looks like you can load up to 10 images.

Let me know what step is acting up.

Thanks again for taking the time, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's just not working. I definitely did all of these things, but it won't even read the usb drive as far as images. It says reading usb, no music found, and then it stays like this~ greyed out.

Old 04-06-15, 10:43 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks again for taking the time, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's just not working. I definitely did all of these things, but it won't even read the usb drive as far as images. It says reading usb, no music found, and then it stays like this~ greyed out.

If you are still having problems uploading a custom image, the instructions in this thread below worked for me.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-es300h-2.html
Old 04-07-15, 01:59 PM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Sorry its been a few days. Do you perhaps have another USB drive to try? Even when I used an image that was too big, it still let me click "Copy from USB", and showed the image's name (but not a thumbnail). Then when I would click on it, it just wouldn't do anything.
Old 04-08-15, 12:29 AM
Zydan
Driver

Sorry its been a few days. Do you perhaps have another USB drive to try? Even when I used an image that was too big, it still let me click "Copy from USB", and showed the image's name (but not a thumbnail). Then when I would click on it, it just wouldn't do anything.
Thanks, I reached out to my dealer and they said may be the USB as well and are mailing me one of there's, so hipefully that works!
Old 04-09-15, 04:32 PM
Zydan
Driver

So I contacted my dealership, they sent me one of their usb drives, and then the above instructions worked perfectly.
Thanks again!
Old 06-13-16, 03:50 PM
daffydd
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The Mac can format a FAT32 USB Stick. And one of the how-to videos shows the images being copied from a MacBook Pro to the thumb drive.

Last edited by daffydd; 06-13-16 at 04:10 PM. Reason: addendum
Old 06-13-16, 04:11 PM
daffydd
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

So I contacted my dealership, they sent me one of their usb drives, and then the above instructions worked perfectly.
Thanks again!
Did you by any chance ask them how their USB drive is different to yours?