RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?

Old 06-27-15, 03:02 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the RCF, the ISF and GSF are never a car I wanted just because the way they look and they are nothing special to ME.

Now if I was looking at a 4 door the GSF would be on the bottom as I think in that market you have a lot better cars for 100k and below but again this is all opinion just like some people would by any car because of the badge, this is my 1st Lexus.
Old 06-28-15, 06:00 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, nothing to with my original point. Fan boys are great thoug and you apparently bought an IS F. Why???????????????

The RC F-Sport would not even bing to attract performance number enthusiasts. A coupe with those numbers is abysmal. The point of my original post is that a GS F with only 460 hp ain't gonna to cut it and will in fact lag behind and Lexus dropped the ball big time on a good opportunity.

If you don't thinks, cool. We shall see. I have to say the new RX is butt ugly also. I really think the Lexus marketing department needs their heads examined. Lets just watch the sales figures to see if I am wrong..
The new Rx is best looking in the segment.

Isf suits my family needs and no else makes a Japanese muscle car the Bavarian Manure Wagon wouldn't satisfy me because I'd be spending most my time in the service dept like my buddy did, ohh and I forgot it's rare .
Old 06-28-15, 10:37 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
The new Rx is best looking in the segment.

Isf suits my family needs and no else makes a Japanese muscle car the Bavarian Manure Wagon wouldn't satisfy me because I'd be spending most my time in the service dept like my buddy did, ohh and I forgot it's rare .
Lexus needs power and weight loss... That's the main reason why I haven't bought a new Lexus yet. The RC-F was so close, yet so far.
Old 06-28-15, 05:04 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mk4umha
Lexus needs power and weight loss... That's the main reason why I haven't bought a new Lexus yet. The RC-F was so close, yet so far.
thats actually not true. the GS is one of the lighter...better chassis...in its class. dont confuse it with the RC platform. lexus has hit homeruns from a driving perspective with the IS and GS platforms. its the coupes that theyve had trouble with, lately...
Old 06-28-15, 05:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
thats actually not true. the GS is one of the lighter...better chassis...in its class. dont confuse it with the RC platform. lexus has hit homeruns from a driving perspective with the IS and GS platforms. its the coupes that theyve had trouble with, lately...
you STILL tryin' to Convince yourself! That's Cool!
Old 06-28-15, 07:19 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
It's a fact though : Lexus GS 4th generation is lighter than the E class,5 series and was rated a better handling sedan than most of the Germans in several head-to-head comparos
Old 06-28-15, 08:27 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb

Ummmmmm....huh? What the hell are you talking about?

Actually, never mind....posters that use exclamation points after every sentence are known terrorists. Fact!!!
Old 06-28-15, 08:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yaguchi in an interview said, the RC-F and GS-F performance is identical.

i am wondering why did he not stick with the GS platform and just shorten it rather than putting together the frankenstein chassis for the RC-F?
Old 07-01-15, 12:13 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've heard so far, the GS-F is slightly heavier than the RC-F

We'll see once the GS-F hits the Lexus Japan site but I won't hold my breath that much.

Anyways, between the two:
Definitely RC-F

With the RC-F, I have a chance to keep up with an equivalent M3/M4.

With the GS-F, the power gap is not enough to keep up with an M5 fitted with the Competition Package. Heck, at best, it might just barely keep up with a Jaguar XF-R.

And as such, spec-wise, the GS-F would have compete on the next lower field. A field that is composed of:
-Audi S6
-BMW 550i M-Sport
-MB E500/550 AMG-Sport
-Jaguar XF Supercharged 470

Hence for me:
I would prioritize the RC-F over the GS-F atm
Old 07-04-15, 10:56 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by Blackraven
From what I've heard so far, the GS-F is slightly heavier than the RC-F

We'll see once the GS-F hits the Lexus Japan site but I won't hold my breath that much.

Anyways, between the two:
Definitely RC-F

With the RC-F, I have a chance to keep up with an equivalent M3/M4.

With the GS-F, the power gap is not enough to keep up with an M5 fitted with the Competition Package. Heck, at best, it might just barely keep up with a Jaguar XF-R.

And as such, spec-wise, the GS-F would have compete on the next lower field. A field that is composed of:
-Audi S6
-BMW 550i M-Sport
-MB E500/550 AMG-Sport
-Jaguar XF Supercharged 470

Hence for me:
I would prioritize the RC-F over the GS-F atm
Spec wise AND price wise. The RCF starts in the $70s. The M5 starts in the $90s.

While I know the interwebs wants to say the RCF was M5 competition, it's just not. It was never meant to be. Maybe in theory because it is a bad a** F car.

Drop $25K on a turbo setup for the RCF and I'll bet that M5 won't look so impressive.

Not to mention, I still can't figure out why the internet has a web boner for BMWs. They do have nice fit and finish, but they're maintenance prone.....aka pieces of mechanical horse *****. Anything you spend as much time fixing as you do driving is not impressive to me.
Old 07-04-15, 12:17 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Spec wise AND price wise. The RCF starts in the $70s. The M5 starts in the $90s.

While I know the interwebs wants to say the RCF was M5 competition, it's just not. It was never meant to be. Maybe in theory because it is a bad a** F car.

Drop $25K on a turbo setup for the RCF and I'll bet that M5 won't look so impressive.

Not to mention, I still can't figure out why the internet has a web boner for BMWs. They do have nice fit and finish, but they're maintenance prone.....aka pieces of mechanical horse *****. Anything you spend as much time fixing as you do driving is not impressive to me.
who says that the RCF and M5 are competitors
Old 07-05-15, 08:31 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Well said. Comparing a GS-F to a limited production run Competition Package M5 shows just how lacklustre an M5 is at being a driver's car when you need to slap on >10K worth of factory mods just for the M5 to have a hope of beating a vanilla GS-F on the track.
Old 07-06-15, 01:35 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who says that the RCF and M5 are competitors
Well said sir. As DrRick said, the RCF does not compete with the M5

Originally Posted by natnut
Well said. Comparing a GS-F to a limited production run Competition Package M5 shows just how lacklustre an M5 is at being a driver's car when you need to slap on >10K worth of factory mods just for the M5 to have a hope of beating a vanilla GS-F on the track.
Wrong on many fronts.

The M5 CP is the CURRENT BENCHMARK STANDARD in its class. The only thing that comes close to it so far is the Audi RS6/RS7.

Anyways:
RCF>GSF for me
Old 07-06-15, 01:53 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Originally Posted by natnut
What about the M Comp package is limited production run? You can just go to the website and click it as a package.

Further why would the RCF be an M5 competitor? It's obviously an M4 "competitor".
Old 07-06-15, 01:57 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Until you decat the M5 and add a JB4 for $800 to pick up over 100whp.

Did they even ever crack the ECU to turbo the ISF/RCF?? I know when I had one it was not possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?