RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Lease Rates and Deals (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 08:21 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
NOT in Ohio! WHY would i be looking for a Lease Deal? But I'm always open for a GREAT Deal if you have One (but IF it's in ohio i would Buy it Not lease it)!
Do you NOT see where i'm located under my Avatar, Do you NOT see my signature (WHY would i want a lease from someone in ohio)
I believe you misunderstood what I said 100%, I was curious to know where you got your lease rate estimate from never said anything about wanting you to lease from someone in Ohio either, regardless I'm looking for a RCF lease and comparing rates state to state. Thanks!
Old 07-07-15, 11:24 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MGB1120
I believe you misunderstood what I said 100%, I was curious to know where you got your lease rate estimate from never said anything about wanting you to lease from someone in Ohio either, regardless I'm looking for a RCF lease and comparing rates state to state. Thanks!
Sorry, but i never said Anything about a Lease Rate! I was just saying that i wouldn't put that $3,500 cash down cause it wouldn't put a dent in his Lease Payment (the OP was who i was referring to).
Old 07-10-15, 01:08 PM
MarkinMIA
Driver School Candidate

Ok, thanks everybody. I'm going to see if I can get it with only putting down the 1st month payment and for $800/month.
Old 07-10-15, 05:59 PM
is300sport
Driver School Candidate

in FL we have tons of dealers to compete for price. First we need MSRP, cap. cost, money factor, residual, months. instead of putting a down use that money as a MSD.
Old 07-10-15, 08:05 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkinMIA
Ok, thanks everybody. I'm going to see if I can get it with only putting down the 1st month payment and for $800/month.
Let us know how it turns out & just be Patient, you can find a Good Deal out there just do your Homework ( i would think some of them are ready to get the 2015's out the door to make room for the 16's) GL
Old 07-13-15, 02:26 PM
NYCRC
Rookie

Any luck getting the RC-F at 800 a month? I'm very curious to see if this is possible.
Old 07-13-15, 03:41 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NYCRC
Any luck getting the RC-F at 800 a month? I'm very curious to see if this is possible.
No where near that for 36 months 996 for 48 months.
Old 07-14-15, 03:20 AM
MarkinMIA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYCRC
No, no luck at all. I went to 2 different Lexus dealerships here in So.Fla. and the best I could do was 48 months/ 10,000 miles/ $1,500 down for $906/month on a fully loaded RC-F with an MSRP of $79,600.

And I even called a car broker in New York that some family/friends have used before and say always get the best prices and even he said, "For a loaded RC-F like you want with only $1,500 down, it's gonna be $900/month all day long."

So there you have it.
Old 07-14-15, 08:25 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Try this.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...6460/overview/
Old 07-14-15, 08:18 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Let us know how it turns out & just be Patient, you can find a Good Deal out there just do your Homework ( i would think some of them are ready to get the 2015's out the door to make room for the 16's) GL
Nope. 2016's won't be out for a while. Not a priority. First priority is the new RX, GS-F and ES.
Old 07-14-15, 09:44 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Its a lot. Given the amount of depreciation the RCF is going to have they're shifting the bulk of that cost over to the lessee (you).

That's the way leases work. You're assuming the cost over the period of time where the car depreciates the most. And this is exactly why dealerships love them.

In a car like the RCF where the demand is not there, its going to depreciate a lot over that 4 year time period. This is why you're paying for approx. 60% of that car over the lease period, the bulk of which is the depreciation amount.

Then some buyer is going to ****** this up preowned for a song. Honestly, for the price you're getting banged out for I would go for a Porsche Cayman S. If you're getting banged this hard you might as well say you drive a Porsche.
Lol, like you can tell what the residual is by the numbers quoted. No way to know his mf without knowing his credit tier. The RC F had a strong residual a couple of months ago. Very strong residual.

Residual was around 52% for a 48 month 12,000 mile lease a couple of months ago. This means you are paying 48%, not 60%.

Lol, apparently some don't realize you still pay interest on a lease and yet want to act all knowledgable.

If residual is too high, awesome. You walk away a winner at the end.

Only an insecure poser needs to own a Porsche just so they can say they drive a Porsche.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-14-15 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-14-15, 10:06 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MarkinMIA
Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum but wanted to see what you thought of this lease deal that one of my local area dealers offered me the other day.

The Deal: RC F fully loaded. Premium package, Performance package, Nav package including ML sound system, TVD, carbon fiber, door sills, etc. MSRP of $79,500.

48 month lease. 10,000 miles/year. $3,500 down. $899/month (includes all taxes) 2 years free maintenance.

Thanks for your input.
Depends on credit tier.

How much off sticker is the key. Don't buy based on note. Buy based on $$$ off and mf.

Toyota financing has a pretty aggressive mf for top tier. Make sue you are getting the best rate as I think financing person can jack your rate a bit so they can make a few $$$. Maintenance plan adds some $$$.
Old 07-15-15, 03:54 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, like you can tell what the residual is by the numbers quoted. No way to know his mf without knowing his credit tier. The RC F had a strong residual a couple of months ago. Very strong residual.

Residual was around 52% for a 48 month 12,000 mile lease a couple of months ago. This means you are paying 48%, not 60%.

Lol, apparently some don't realize you still pay interest on a lease and yet want to act all knowledgable.

If residual is too high, awesome. You walk away a winner at the end.

Only an insecure poser needs to own a Porsche just so they can say they drive a Porsche.
MSRP: $79,500
OP's total lease cost: $46652

46652/79500 = 58% is what he's going to pay. All of that during the car's most depreciative years. He's going to turn in a car after 4 yrs with 40K miles on it that's worth peanuts and someone is going to grab it up for a song b/c the biggest depreciation hit was subsidized by the lessee during those 4 leased years and the second buyer is gonna drive it for 10 more yrs b/c its a Lexus.

The dealership makes out twice. They banged out the lessee by making them pay 60% of the vehicle's cost and they will get a good price on resale.

Do not lease people! If you can't buy it, you can't afford it!

Last edited by TheBatman; 07-15-15 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-15-15, 08:20 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman
MSRP: $79,500
OP's total lease cost: $46652

46652/79500 = 58% is what he's going to pay. All of that during the car's most depreciative years. He's going to turn in a car after 4 yrs with 40K miles on it that's worth peanuts and someone is going to grab it up for a song b/c the biggest depreciation hit was subsidized by the lessee during those 4 leased years and the second buyer is gonna drive it for 10 more yrs b/c its a Lexus.

The dealership makes out twice. They banged out the lessee by making them pay 60% of the vehicle's cost and they will get a good price on resale.

Do not lease people! If you can't buy it, you can't afford it!
Now you changed the subject. You claimed no demand and bad resale was the issue with the RC F, but now you are complaining about factor inherent in leases in general for all brands.

The RC F actually has a great residual and a great money factor. It leases out much better than many of the Germans cars which is an indication that Lexus/Toyota Financing is betting that it holds it value.

I do short term and one pay leases as I generally keep daily drivers about two years, sometimes much less, and am always upside down when I buy, have to deal with getting screwed on trade in, don't want to mess with selling it myself, always have warranty and . . .

One pay lease can actually be a pretty sweet deal with some brands.

If you are going to keep a car for 4 or 5 years, then purchase may make sense.
Old 07-16-15, 04:51 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by DougHII
Now you changed the subject. You claimed no demand and bad resale was the issue with the RC F, but now you are complaining about factor inherent in leases in general for all brands.

The RC F actually has a great residual and a great money factor. It leases out much better than many of the Germans cars which is an indication that Lexus/Toyota Financing is betting that it holds it value.

I do short term and one pay leases as I generally keep daily drivers about two years, sometimes much less, and am always upside down when I buy, have to deal with getting screwed on trade in, don't want to mess with selling it myself, always have warranty and . . .

One pay lease can actually be a pretty sweet deal with some brands.

If you are going to keep a car for 4 or 5 years, then purchase may make sense.
Leases ARE BAD across ALL brands!!!! When you do the math you can see why, most cars depreciate at a flat rate each year. It doesn't really change from year to year and is typically around 17% per year. Starting with a $30,000 car, this would be the value at the end of each year for a 6-year period:

• Start: $30,000
• End of Year1: $24,900
• End of Year2: $20,667
• End of Year3: $17,154
• End of Year 4:$14,237
• End of Year 5: $11,817
• End of Year 6: $9,808

Total Depreciation: $20,192

A three-year lease would look like:

Total Depreciation: $12,846

PLUS other new lease for the next three years:

Total Depreciation: $12,846

Total depreciation for two three-year leases would be $25,692 versus $20,192 if you held one car for same six year period. The bulk of the value of the car is lost in the first few years (this is subsidized by the original lessee - they're the ones who take the biggest hit financially). This is especially true with luxury cars and even truer with luxury cars that are not in demand by the public.

Like I said, the RCF is a killer deal for the buyer who buys one that came out of a lease. So Dougie, take good care of the RCF you're leasing b/c it very well may end up in my hands or the hands of another savvy buyer when you turn it in. And thanks for taking the value hit now!!!

Quick Reply: RC F Lease Rates and Deals (Merged Threads)