RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Lease Rates and Deals (Merged Threads)

Old 07-16-15, 07:21 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I've never been a Big Lease Guy, but if you end of buying it what difference would it make? I have several friends that do nothing but lease because of their job!
Old 07-17-15, 05:36 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I've never been a Big Lease Guy, but if you end of buying it what difference would it make? I have several friends that do nothing but lease because of their job!
To each their own. Short term kease is a convenience. Run numbers on one pay lease and you may be shocked, but you do lose time value of money on large upfront cash out lays.

That said, I would gladly pay a few extra $$$ not to have to deal with being upside, dealing with having to trade and I certainly don't have the time or inclination to sell it myself.

One pay kease is the way to go if you can swing the outlay.

If the Bateman was so money savy, he would be rolling in nice cars rather than trolling in nice car forums.
Old 07-17-15, 05:43 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Leases ARE BAD across ALL brands!!!! When you do the math you can see why, most cars depreciate at a flat rate each year. It doesn't really change from year to year and is typically around 17% per year. Starting with a $30,000 car, this would be the value at the end of each year for a 6-year period:

• Start: $30,000
• End of Year1: $24,900
• End of Year2: $20,667
• End of Year3: $17,154
• End of Year 4:$14,237
• End of Year 5: $11,817
• End of Year 6: $9,808

Total Depreciation: $20,192

A three-year lease would look like:

Total Depreciation: $12,846

PLUS other new lease for the next three years:

Total Depreciation: $12,846

Total depreciation for two three-year leases would be $25,692 versus $20,192 if you held one car for same six year period. The bulk of the value of the car is lost in the first few years (this is subsidized by the original lessee - they're the ones who take the biggest hit financially). This is especially true with luxury cars and even truer with luxury cars that are not in demand by the public.

Like I said, the RCF is a killer deal for the buyer who buys one that came out of a lease. So Dougie, take good care of the RCF you're leasing b/c it very well may end up in my hands or the hands of another savvy buyer when you turn it in. And thanks for taking the value hit now!!!
Lol, if you wanna pick up my RC F used. It stays in Sports +, lives on the red line and I have already destroyed a set of rears since March 2. Meanwhile, I will be driving a brand new, crisp feeling, tight driving newer updated model of something while you are driving my well broken in 2 year old RC F. Lofty aspirations you have there.
Old 07-17-15, 05:52 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
If the Bateman was so money savy, he would be rolling in nice cars rather than trolling in nice car forums.
Who says I'm not? Some people aren't so insecure that they need to post details and photos of their lives online.

Lol, if you wanna pick up my RC F used. It stays in Sports +, lives on the red line and I have already destroyed a set of rears since March 2. Meanwhile, I will be driving a brand new, crisp feeling, tight driving newer updated model of something while you are driving my well broken in 2 year old RC F. Lofty aspirations you have there.
Oh Dougie, sucker born every minute is what PT Barnum used to say. Unlike BMW which if you were dumb enough to lease would be the sole manufacturer you should lease from since their MFs are low, residuals high and have excellent lease return terms, Toyota has unforgiving lease return terms b/c they need to keep up their reputation as a reliable car company. They hammer you for everything. So I'm not worried about the shape you have the RCF in, the lease will take care of that since you will be paying to put it back in shape (yet another reason not to lease). Plus, I wouldn't buy anything used unless its certified, has all documentation and history, have it inspected by my guy, and has a bullet proof warranty.

By all means overpay for a new luxury car by leasing one, probably the single worst purchasing decision one can ever possibly make. Too bad money doesn't buy intelligence.
Old 07-17-15, 07:04 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Who says I'm not? Some people aren't so insecure that they need to post details and photos of their lives online.

Oh Dougie, sucker born every minute is what PT Barnum used to say. Unlike BMW which if you were dumb enough to lease would be the sole manufacturer you should lease from since their MFs are low, residuals high and have excellent lease return terms, Toyota has unforgiving lease return terms b/c they need to keep up their reputation as a reliable car company. They hammer you for everything. So I'm not worried about the shape you have the RCF in, the lease will take care of that since you will be paying to put it back in shape (yet another reason not to lease). Plus, I wouldn't buy anything used unless its certified, has all documentation and history, have it inspected by my guy, and has a bullet proof warranty.

By all means overpay for a new luxury car by leasing one, probably the single worst purchasing decision one can ever possibly make. Too bad money doesn't buy intelligence.
Lol, BM i Don't think you know Dougie, IF you Did you'd KNOW Intelligence is NOT something he's Lacking, as a Matter of Fact you Don't Do what he Does IF you Don't have LOTS of Intelligence! You Have NO Idea!
Old 07-17-15, 07:44 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Lol, BM i Don't think you know Dougie, IF you Did you'd KNOW Intelligence is NOT something he's Lacking, as a Matter of Fact you Don't Do what he Does IF you Don't have LOTS of Intelligence! You Have NO Idea!
Lol, gotta love the Internet. Uhm, let me see. Let's go to a car forum for a car I don't have and tell everyone how bad their car is and how dumb they are. Who the heck does this? Cannot write this stuff! Love it!
Old 07-18-15, 07:17 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, gotta love the Internet. Uhm, let me see. Let's go to a car forum for a car I don't have and tell everyone how bad their car is and how dumb they are. Who the heck does this? Cannot write this stuff! Love it!
Who has the time I can see it now. So what did you do today, well I trolled a car forum that I don't own telling people how bad it sucked and how dumb everyone is.

Solid life he must have.
Old 08-16-15, 01:35 AM
ddotderek
Driver School Candidate

Looking to unload my Fully Loaded (every option) Rcf with a 80k+ sticker. Liquid Platinum/Red Interior.

42 months left on the lease. You can get it for 0 down and $930 + your local taxes per month.

If anyone is interested shoot me a pm, the car was leased for 48mo/10k miles and currently has 3300 on the clock.
Old 08-16-15, 03:21 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ddotderek
Looking to unload my Fully Loaded (every option) Rcf with a 80k+ sticker. Liquid Platinum/Red Interior.

42 months left on the lease. You can get it for 0 down and $930 + your local taxes per month.

If anyone is interested shoot me a pm, the car was leased for 48mo/10k miles and currently has 3300 on the clock.
Unload implies it's not the car for you. What didn't you like about it? The terms of your lease appear appropriate.
Old 08-16-15, 08:11 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

My lease offer was $947 per month 24 months, 3k down msrp $72,344
Thoughts on that?
Old 08-16-15, 09:21 AM
lbmustache
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Thoughts on that?
$3k down @ 24 months is $125, you are essentially paying $1072 for the car/month. That does not sound like a good deal...
Old 08-16-15, 09:47 AM
is300sport
Driver School Candidate

Thoughts on that?
Need more information. Money Factor, CAP Cost, residual , etc
Old 08-17-15, 05:54 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Unload implies it's not the car for you. What didn't you like about it? The terms of your lease appear appropriate.
Was he not the one that said his employer was moving him to New York unexpectedly so he was selling his car?

Originally Posted by lbmustache
$3k down @ 24 months is $125, you are essentially paying $1072 for the car/month. That does not sound like a good deal...
Tough to say if good deal or bad deal. The down payments can also cover more than just cap reduction including, but not limited to: first month payment, security deposit, acquisition fees, taxes (depending on state all may be required upfront and also have ad valorem), disposition fee, registration, doc fees and perhaps gap insurance cost.

Like poster said above. Need to know residual, money factor and sales price. I believe the 36 month will be cheaper and the 48 cheaper still. Accordingly, he may be getting best mf and sales price possible for a 24 month lease.

I generally opt for a one payment option on 24 month lease whenever possible which usually saves several thousand from payment over time.
Old 08-17-15, 06:29 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Was he not the one that said his employer was moving him to New York unexpectedly so he was selling his car?

Tough to say if good deal or bad deal. The down payments can also cover more than just cap reduction including, but not limited to: first month payment, security deposit, acquisition fees, taxes (depending on state all may be required upfront and also have ad valorem), disposition fee, registration, doc fees and perhaps gap insurance cost.

Like poster said above. Need to know residual, money factor and sales price. I believe the 36 month will be cheaper and the 48 cheaper still. Accordingly, he may be getting best mf and sales price possible for a 24 month lease.

I generally opt for a one payment option on 24 month lease whenever possible which usually saves several thousand from payment over time.
The 36 month was about $9,296 more vs the 24 month
Old 08-17-15, 06:46 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

The 36 month was about $9,296 more vs the 24 month
Is that amount amortized?

I was speaking in terms of note being less. Obviousky, the longer you keep the car the more you pay or the less the residual will be.

It, however, is possible that a 24 month lease may have a lower note than the 36 or 48 month lease. Not often though. Depends on what manufacturer is pushing.

On the RCF, the 36 and 48 were less monthly than 24 month kease when I purchased, but the savings was fairly great when doing a one pay on the 24 month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC F Lease Rates and Deals (Merged Threads)