RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Active Wing Stuck / Not Functioning

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-16, 11:13 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phinatic
What happens when you get up to speed and the wing motor is being energized to raise the wing, but the ice is preventing it from doing so. Does the motor stay energized? I wouldn't think so, but could be an issue if it does stay energized.
I presume the unit defaults to the off mode, until you attempt to raise it again, when it meets with resistance.

I would just turn it off under extremely icy conditions.
Old 04-05-16, 06:10 PM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIne just gave up the ghost @4200 miles, stuck in the up position. Mine is ~100 before the switch according to the vin . First issue I have had with the car and since there is a tsb it should be a simple fix.
Old 04-06-16, 02:44 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I took my RC-F in for the same active wing problem at some 65xx miles about a couple of months ago.

I travel a lot, so I just drop it off at a Lexus dealer (I had called and made an appointment about a week prior) and I flew out from a nearby local small airport. The Lexus dealer gave me a ride to and back when I flew back. I was only gone for a few days and it was all fixed. This was a different Lexus dealer from where I had bought the RC-F. Since it was all under warranty, all good.

I guess as these cars get more complex and everything controlled by some kind of computers and with all these moving parts, things will break down at some point.

Originally Posted by chaosrob
MIne just gave up the ghost @4200 miles, stuck in the up position. Mine is ~100 before the switch according to the vin . First issue I have had with the car and since there is a tsb it should be a simple fix.
Old 04-06-16, 06:03 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

I'm not upset, I purchased a first year model and expected some issues to pop up. I have complete faith in Lexus to make right any issues that present themselves and am still very happy with the car.
Originally Posted by lexusrus
I took my RC-F in for the same active wing problem at some 65xx miles about a couple of months ago.

I travel a lot, so I just drop it off at a Lexus dealer (I had called and made an appointment about a week prior) and I flew out from a nearby local small airport. The Lexus dealer gave me a ride to and back when I flew back. I was only gone for a few days and it was all fixed. This was a different Lexus dealer from where I had bought the RC-F. Since it was all under warranty, all good.

I guess as these cars get more complex and everything controlled by some kind of computers and with all these moving parts, things will break down at some point.
Old 03-25-17, 10:49 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

Just reading this thread and I agree it looks better when it is engaged. In fact I want to ask if anyone knows how to let this small wing stay up. Every time I manually let it up it will go down when my speed goes down to a stop and it is annoying. A manual mode means manual and should not be overridden buy automatic. My Audi S7 's rear spoiler stays up when engaged manually until I will turn it off.
Old 03-25-17, 11:05 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

As I recall there is an option to go in on the MFD screen to turn the active wing off to up position at all times. I've done this before and it got stuck in the up position. Maybe a coincidence, IDK. Then I went to a Lexus dealership for the ACTIVE WING TSB/recall and all fixed now. LOL...

Originally Posted by joeyz10
Just reading this thread and I agree it looks better when it is engaged. In fact I want to ask if anyone knows how to let this small wing stay up. Every time I manually let it up it will go down when my speed goes down to a stop and it is annoying. A manual mode means manual and should not be overridden buy automatic. My Audi S7 's rear spoiler stays up when engaged manually until I will turn it off.
The following users liked this post:
joeyz10 (03-25-17)
Old 03-25-17, 11:18 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

I wish mine can stay up too. Why does it always goes down even if you manually make it go up. Annoying...
Old 03-25-17, 02:41 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If you guys want it to stay up... when you are at a stop, engage it manually. Once it goes up, go into the option menu and click rear spoiler activation and turn it off. It will stay up until you change the option in the future.
MannyRCF (05-09-17)
Old 03-25-17, 02:56 PM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

I will try that option. I never played around with my system so it is embarrassing but I will try to find where the menu is. Just a little busy since I got the car and it has been a year....
Old 03-26-17, 10:52 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

I did a manual deployment of my rear spoiler and then went to the settings which took me a while to find it but was able to turn the auto to off and now my rear spoiler is deployed all the time now. . Finally found the solution. I have been reading all over the internet on how to let this stay deployed. Thanks IMCHIA for your suggestion....
Old 03-26-17, 04:30 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I did a manual deployment of my rear spoiler and then went to the settings which took me a while to find it but was able to turn the auto to off and now my rear spoiler is deployed all the time now. . Finally found the solution. I have been reading all over the internet on how to let this stay deployed. Thanks IMCHIA for your suggestion....
No problem! That's what these forums are for.
joeyz10 (03-26-17)
Old 03-26-17, 04:43 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I thought about leaving the wing up constantly too, but the last thing i want is debris getting caught or stuck in there
Old 03-26-17, 05:20 PM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

It just looks way better. I try not to park under trees
Old 03-26-17, 08:30 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Or go very fast just before you park it to blow off anything stuck under the wing!!! Haha

It just looks way better. I try not to park under trees
Old 03-27-17, 08:47 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

That's a good one lexusrus

Quick Reply: Active Wing Stuck / Not Functioning