RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

To Mark Levinson or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14, 11:06 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To Mark Levinson or not

I wanted to see if anyone had had the chance to listen to this with and without. I like the RCF and drove it when they had the Asphalt up thing here in Atlanta but just unsure on this option as I have never owned / heard this in anything.
Old 11-13-14, 11:15 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't have it. I wish I did.
Old 11-13-14, 11:15 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DO IT. The ML system is phenomenal! I put it up all the way and the whole car was bumpin' lol.
But seriously I would highly recommend it I feel it's the best ML system Lexus has implemented in their cars.
Old 11-13-14, 11:41 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends on how much of an Audio buff you are. I would Try to if you listen to an NON ML vs ML and see if its really worth the extra 3-5 grand. Personally, I think its nice but i could spend that money elsewhere
Old 11-13-14, 02:03 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience:
2012 Lexus IS350 F Sport Pioneer system sounded better than my 2012 Lexus ISF ML Sound System. The sound stage was more full on the ISF, but lacked the punch the Pioneer system had... mostly bass.

Now with my RCF, it blows both systems out of the water, no doubt it is worth the additional upgraded price. I love the clarity and the bass and ive tried turning up the volume and I dont hear any distortion... It sounds just as lovely as the ML System in my LX570. I havent heard a Non ML RCF, but I love my ML system. Good luck with your choice
Old 11-13-14, 02:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know about the ML implementation in the RC F, but if you read the 4GS forum, you need to be an audiophile to really appreciate the difference. The stock (non-ML) system is that good. I ordered without because I'll be streaming from my phone, so the quality will be compromised by the source.
Old 11-13-14, 02:37 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

It's probably the best audio system from the factory you can get. I have ML in my 07 IS350 and love the center stage speaker. If I read the Japanese Lexus website correctly, the subwoofer is 10-inches vs the 8-inch in the old IS. I can't wait.
Old 11-13-14, 02:57 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Don't know about the ML implementation in the RC F, but if you read the 4GS forum, you need to be an audiophile to really appreciate the difference. The stock (non-ML) system is that good. I ordered without because I'll be streaming from my phone, so the quality will be compromised by the source.
^^THIS... A lot of people are having that issue thinking why their system does not sound as good ML or not. Main reason is because no one uses CD's anymore to get the full sound systems range. Most Streaming whether bluetooth or direct Aux usually cuts it down to 2.1 Stereo. (Aux Headphone jacks only support 2 channels). If you find your self streaming from your phone constantly (like I do ALL THE TIME), you wont ever get the true ML quality and will be a wasted investment
Old 11-13-14, 03:17 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
^^THIS... A lot of people are having that issue thinking why their system does not sound as good ML or not. Main reason is because no one uses CD's anymore to get the full sound systems range. Most Streaming whether bluetooth or direct Aux usually cuts it down to 2.1 Stereo. (Aux Headphone jacks only support 2 channels). If you find your self streaming from your phone constantly (like I do ALL THE TIME), you wont ever get the true ML quality and will be a wasted investment
CD is 2-channel audio. ML delivers more power and more speakers.
Old 11-13-14, 03:21 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Depends on how much of an Audio buff you are. I would Try to if you listen to an NON ML vs ML and see if its really worth the extra 3-5 grand. Personally, I think its nice but i could spend that money elsewhere
ML is only about $1000 more to the regular Nav package.
Old 11-13-14, 03:44 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
CD is 2-channel audio. ML delivers more power and more speakers.
Not necessarily. A professionally mastered CD with the right digital audio file format will do full surround. If you ever open up a store bought audio CD in your PC, they are not MP3's. They are .CDA also know as CD-DA which are Compact Disk Digital Audio files which can do the full surround. MP3's are know for dumbing it down to 2 channel

Last edited by NYKnick101; 11-13-14 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 03:51 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
ML is only about $1000 more to the regular Nav package.
$1000 over the span of the loan 4-6years is nothing for those of us considering getting this car Just do it
Old 11-13-14, 04:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Not necessarily. A professionally mastered CD with the right digital audio file format will do full surround. If you ever open up a store bought audio CD in your PC, they are not MP3's. They are .CDA also know as CD-DA which are Compact Disk Digital Audio files which can do the full surround. MP3's are know for dumbing it down to 2 channel
I play DVD-Audio discs in my IS ML. Sounds very good IMO... 96kHz, 5.1 surround.
Old 11-13-14, 04:10 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the reply's! Also it's not the money that matters to me more of a value, if I spend 4k in aftermarket it's going to be better, but it's also the installer / issues / etc.

I will have to hear both so I guess I will have to wait. Seems like most dealers are ordering with it so I may just take a listen and if I like it get that option.

Again thanks for all the help on this!
Old 11-13-14, 04:14 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
If I spend 4k in aftermarket it's going to be better, but it's also the installer / issues / etc.
That's why I went with the ML. The idea of somebody ripping my new car apart gives me nightmares.

Quick Reply: To Mark Levinson or not