RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Drove the RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 06:37 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drove the RC-F

So supposedly I was amongst the first to drive the RCF in Canada. As soon as it was loaded of the truck, the dealer PDI'd it and I was off!
All I can say is WOW. This was my first time driving an F car and it blew it out of the water for me. Most probably gonna be placing my order very soon.
Old 11-12-14, 07:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Coming from a GTR owner, that must be a big complement.
Old 11-13-14, 11:17 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Coming from a GTR owner, that must be a big complement.
Oh yea big time! Lexus really did a great job with this car.
Old 11-13-14, 11:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dat dude
Oh yea big time! Lexus really did a great job with this car.
Are you going to be winter driving it with a narrow square setup of Blizzaks? I am curious since when I buy it, I want to be able to drive it all the year round.
Old 11-13-14, 12:48 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Are you going to be winter driving it with a narrow square setup of Blizzaks? I am curious since when I buy it, I want to be able to drive it all the year round.
Most probably I will. The car itself has a great traction system, I pushed it really hard in the rain and it didn't slide at all. I'm quite sure it'll do very good in the winter.
What colour will you get it in?
Old 11-13-14, 03:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Most probably I will. The car itself has a great traction system, I pushed it really hard in the rain and it didn't slide at all. I'm quite sure it'll do very good in the winter.
What colour will you get it in?
I would get a less "flashy" color, so to speak. I like the Nebula grey or the silver is good as well. I also like the standard wheels the best. I like the red and USB 2.0, but they are too flashy and will attract too much attention. Plus, the lighter colors hide the rock chips quite well.

What color are you planning on getting?

I am also holding out a bit for an RC-F sedan since I need the rear doors to be able to fit by daughter's baby seat. Hopefully, Lexus will announce it soon.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-13-14 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 04:33 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2nd That Wow !!!

Mine came in on the truck yesterday @ 11:30 am, picked it up @ 7:00pm and yes I was also wowed. I thought my 08 ISF was good all the way up till yesterday @ 7:00pm
Old 11-13-14, 04:59 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cardoc1
Mine came in on the truck yesterday @ 11:30 am, picked it up @ 7:00pm and yes I was also wowed. I thought my 08 ISF was good all the way up till yesterday @ 7:00pm
Can you write a detailed review? Would like to hear an actual owner's review.
Old 11-13-14, 05:56 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

I would get a less "flashy" color, so to speak. I like the Nebula grey or the silver is good as well. I also like the standard wheels the best. I like the red and USB 2.0, but they are too flashy and will attract too much attention. Plus, the lighter colors hide the rock chips quite well.

What color are you planning on getting?

I am also holding out a bit for an RC-F sedan since I need the rear doors to be able to fit by daughter's baby seat. Hopefully, Lexus will announce it soon.
I plan on getting it in Orange with a Black interior.
Why don't you get a GSF sedan? It would be one heck of a ride and would eat the RCF any day.
Old 11-13-14, 07:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I plan on getting it in Orange with a Black interior.
Why don't you get a GSF sedan? It would be one heck of a ride and would eat the RCF any day.
I like smaller sized sedans as they feel more agile and more tossable. GS-F wheelbase would be a bit too long for my taste. It might be substantially heavier than the RC-F. That is why I am hoping to get the RC-F in a sedan version (or a next gen IS-F, but I like the RC shape more than that of the IS).
Old 11-13-14, 07:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

That is why I am hoping to get the RC-F in a sedan version
I think there's 0% chance this vehicle would ever be made.
Old 11-13-14, 07:39 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

I like smaller sized sedans as they feel more agile and more tossable. GS-F wheelbase would be a bit too long for my taste. It might be substantially heavier than the RC-F. That is why I am hoping to get the RC-F in a sedan version (or a next gen IS-F, but I like the RC shape more than that of the IS).
As the other poster stated I don't know the probability of one being built anytime soon having said that you can probably get a later model ISF if that's the situation.
Even the GTR has enough room for a baby seat (I think). Why not that haha?
Old 11-13-14, 10:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

As the other poster stated I don't know the probability of one being built anytime soon having said that you can probably get a later model ISF if that's the situation.
Even the GTR has enough room for a baby seat (I think). Why not that haha?
LOL. I need the rear doors. Also, I want a high strung V8.

Regarding the RC-F sedan, there is a rumor going around that there is some sedan variant of the RC-F in the works. Whether that turns out to be an RC-F sedan or a new generation IS-F, remains to be seen. I will take whatever that is.
Old 11-14-14, 06:46 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. I need the rear doors. Also, I want a high strung V8.

Regarding the RC-F sedan, there is a rumor going around that there is some sedan variant of the RC-F in the works. Whether that turns out to be an RC-F sedan or a new generation IS-F, remains to be seen. I will take whatever that is.
I think you're right, I can't remember if it was Motor Trend or Road & Track, but in an issue a number of months ago they claimed they had inside information on a GS F and IS F coming out at some point. They were right on about the GS F so if their sources are correct, your IS F might be a reality at some point in the near future.

With that being said though, taking into consideration that they had to use three different vehicle chassis to come up with the frame for the RC F and with the front clip being that of the GS, I wonder if it would be possible for them to fit the V8 into the current IS.
Old 11-14-14, 07:13 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

thing is we havent seen an ISF mule running around but the GSF one has been running around for quite some time

Quick Reply: Drove the RC-F