RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New Car Prep

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-14, 05:43 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Congrats on the car! Never heard of cilajet, but folks on Tesla forums swear by Opticoat Pro. The one thing you should do is use a professional detailer, and definitely not the dealer. Please post pics!
I've seen them talk about Xpel Ultimate which is a paint protection film that has a 10 yr warranty against yellowing, peeling, etc. Best of all it self heals swirls and small scratches and protects against rock chips. I don't think Opticoat can do that.
Old 11-15-14, 06:59 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the ride quality on LA freeways?
Haven't been on the freeway yet. Haven't really had time to enjoy the car. I traded in two cars so I've been going back and forth. I left my glasses in one of the trade ins I turned in today but realized when I got home. I went back but they weren't there. I can't drive at night without my glasses because the lights make things really blurry. (((
Old 11-15-14, 07:01 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
I've seen them talk about Xpel Ultimate which is a paint protection film that has a 10 yr warranty against yellowing, peeling, etc. Best of all it self heals swirls and small scratches and protects against rock chips. I don't think Opticoat can do that.
The Xpel sounds like a really good option and I'll probably end up doing it for the front end. I want something protecting the whole car though. If I were to have the whole car wrapped, it'd be so expensive .
Old 11-15-14, 08:21 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boriii
The Xpel sounds like a really good option and I'll probably end up doing it for the front end. I want something protecting the whole car though. If I were to have the whole car wrapped, it'd be so expensive .
Yeah, just searching online, a whole wrap is like $3500.
Old 11-17-14, 11:25 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Nice!!

The car look's beautiful.
I wouldn't let the dealer get a hand on your car. I think you should look into a detailer near you that offer's paint coating's. I know that you can have your whole car coated such windshield, break caliper's, OEM wheel's, and your interior as well. Its a new an amazing product that I know for sure work's. Good luck and a great buy.

Originally Posted by boriii
A few pics for now. These pictures do not do the car justice. After seeing it in person, its like another car. I was almost speechless when I saw it in person. The car so far, it's very sturdy and well built. Not even a little creak or rattle whatsoever. You can really hear the exhaust as its automatically downshifting when slowing down.

Old 11-17-14, 05:08 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

thats beautiful!
Old 11-17-14, 08:49 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just have to ask yourself if you really want a 16 year old kid using the same towel he just used to clean a soccer moms SUV for the first time in 6 months on your brand new car. If so, trust the dealer and enjoy your freshly swirled paint.

I would have them deliver it to me with as much plastic still on the thing as possible. The less they have touched the less will be screwed up and need corrective work.
Old 11-18-14, 12:30 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

What a great looking car.. Best of luck OP..
Old 11-19-14, 08:20 PM
GXAlan
Driver

In Bay Area, go with Jeff at Immaculate Reflections. Worth the drive. Tell him the guy with the navy LS460 sent ya.

http://www.immaculate-reflections.com/
Old 11-20-14, 04:46 PM
bstudent3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS. I'm looking at using these guys for Opticoat: http://www.yelp.com/biz/orinda-auto-detail-orinda
Anybody in the bay area know them?
Originally Posted by GXAlan
In Bay Area, go with Jeff at Immaculate Reflections. Worth the drive. Tell him the guy with the navy LS460 sent ya.

Joseph T and Jeff M are two guys that I would recommend for detailing in the Bay Area. They occasionally collaborate to work on detail jobs together. They're friends.

Joe used to own Orinda but moved to mobile detailing since he has a child on the way.

Ask Joseph if he likes lobster =D

Can't go wrong with either guy, both highly respected and excellent people.
Old 11-20-14, 07:27 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What's Joe's new outfit called? How do we get a hold of him?

Originally Posted by bstudent3
Joseph T and Jeff M are two guys that I would recommend for detailing in the Bay Area. They occasionally collaborate to work on detail jobs together. They're friends.

Joe used to own Orinda but moved to mobile detailing since he has a child on the way.

Old 11-21-14, 12:10 PM
GXAlan
Driver

Originally Posted by bstudent3

Awesome to know.... the one nice thing with Jeff is CQuartz Finest as an option.
(Opticoat being more durable but not having the same slickness).

For tinting, "a shade darker" in santa rosa is the cheapest if you want Pinnacle Formula 1. But it is a bit of a drive and they do NOT go all the way to the edge. But dirt cheap and decent quality -- no bubbles but there are some dust specks that they sealed under the film on my LS. There are a few guys in Belmont who are 3M crystalline dealers which seem to do a good job. The guys at Premier have Photosync Nano, charge a lot, and if you look at the reviews, they spend more attention to detail on super cars than regular cars --- but if you are going to wrap your car, I would go with them.
Old 11-21-14, 11:45 PM
bstudent3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's Joe's new outfit called? How do we get a hold of him?
https://www.facebook.com/ocdetailbayarea

You'll see his FB account linked also hehe.

Originally Posted by GXAlan
Awesome to know.... the one nice thing with Jeff is CQuartz Finest as an option.
(Opticoat being more durable but not having the same slickness).
Joe and Jeff both have opti coat and cquartz finest.

https://bayareadetails.wordpress.com/

Both are really good guys.

Last edited by bstudent3; 11-21-14 at 11:48 PM.