RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC-F - PHILIPPINES = NO TVD :( but yehey Mark Levinson =)

Old 10-29-14, 10:57 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus RC-F - PHILIPPINES = NO TVD :( but yehey Mark Levinson =)

Formal launch on November 18th, 2014 =)

Lexus PH to launch 2015 RC F, official prices and specs revealed
The 2015 RC F has its design shared with the Lexus LFA supercar
Text: AutoIndustriya.com Team / Photos: Lexus Press
posted October 29, 2014 14:12

Read more: http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...#ixzz3HYcAh982
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
Follow us: @autoindustriya on Twitter | AutoIndustriya on Facebook

Lexus Manila will be launching the 2015 Lexus RC F, the brand's high performance F coupe, very soon at an event at their dealership.
The 2015 RC F will be formally introduced by Lexus Manila, Inc. (LMI) on November 18, 2014, and will herald the arrival of the most powerful V8 engine that Lexus has ever produced.
Originally launched during the 2014 North American International Auto Show, the RC F coupe features a very aggressive design with elements like the sporty front, an active rear spoiler and a quad pipe exhaust system.

UPDATE: Local specifications and price

After we posted the original version of this story, we contacted Lexus Manila's Sales and Marketing Director, Spencer Yu, regarding the details about this all new high performance Lexus and what the Philippine-spec models will have.
He shared with us that the 2015 RC F was specced out by Lexus Manila, Inc. to have LED lights, aniline leather, the polished 19 inch allow wheels and other high end features. Also standard is a top of the line Mark Levinson audio system.

Powering the Philippine spec 2015 RC F is the 5.0-liter 32-valve V8. Unlike foreign examples which get 456 PS from the V8, the Philippine models will have a more powerful version of engine that makes 477 PS.

The gearbox will also be an 8-speed automaticm, though Yu also shared with AutoIndustriya.com that LMI's official units will not be getting the Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD), but will instead be fitted with a limited slip differential (LSD). LMI also specified local units to have the Brembo brake package.
As for the price, no more speculation is necessary:

2015 Lexus RC F 5.0L V8 8AT PhP 5,868,000
Local Philippine pricing is really good imho for a car of this class and category. I was expecting it to be higher.........but thankfully our free trade agreement with the Japanese Government entitles Japanese car imports (with engine size >3.0 liters or >3,000 cc) to avail of tax discounts and reduced import tariff and duties =)

With that said, I guess it can't be helped if we are not getting TVD. It's a little bit of a downer and I'm guessing it was done to keep the local price as low as possible.

And after all, I suspect most of the RC-F cars in the Philippines will spend more than 90% of their time in Manila traffic.

In such cases, the difference between TVD and LSD is non-existent. Heck, there may not even be an actual warranted use for an LSD in this kind of snail-pace traffic congestion.............but I digress.

Still, on the bright side, I am happy that we are getting Mark Levinson Audio...........though probably the reason being the car has a V8 engine (FYI all of the vehicles sold by Lexus Manila that have ML audio are only the V8-powered cars) =)

I guess, in an overall sense, that's good enough for me.

Indeed:
I can't wait to see this car in the Lexus Manila showroom as well as on Philippine roads =)

P.S.
I wonder what kind of wheels are we getting

Last edited by Blackraven; 10-29-14 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-29-14, 01:24 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As much as I wanted the TVD, decided to skip it
Old 10-29-14, 08:26 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont think that TVD is worth it in the philippine roads or else bring it to BRC.
Old 10-29-14, 08:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Powering the Philippine spec 2015 RC F is the 5.0-liter 32-valve V8. Unlike foreign examples which get 456 PS from the V8, the Philippine models will have a more powerful version of engine that makes 477 PS.
Where do they come with cr*p like that? RC-F does not make 456 HP. It makes 467 HP, which is around 471 PS. The 477 PS, if different will make only 2 - 3 HP more (probably because of a different catalytic converter), which is insignifcant.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-29-14 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 08:43 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Mahal bro lol
Old 10-30-14, 02:42 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Originally Posted by ljdsong
I dont think that TVD is worth it in the philippine roads or else bring it to BRC.
Yeah I hear you. Our local roads with massive traffic congestion, some potholes here and there as well as uneven road surfaces.

"Slalom" or "Track" is not going to be of any use on our local road conditions (unless yeah as you say, race track in Batangas, Clark or Subic)

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Where do they come with cr*p like that? RC-F does not make 456 HP. It makes 467 HP, which is around 471 PS. The 477 PS, if different will make only 2 - 3 HP more (probably because of a different catalytic converter), which is insignifcant.
Oh, is that so? All I know about the RC-F performance is "more than 400 horsepower" and "more HP and torque than an ISF". Hehe that's all I know

But anyway, after reading that line, I kinda assumed that the RC-F would have two power outputs:
-one is standard
-one is detuned (probably for geographic markets with poor fuel quality or extreme temperatures or higher emission requirements)

I am somewhat familiar with the '477' figure since Lexus Japan is also stating that.

The rest I don't know.....

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Mahal bro lol
Haha ganun talaga pre.

On average, automobiles sold in the Philippines will cost (on average) double the price that an equivalent car would sell in the USA market. First is obviously difference in taxes, duties and fees while other reasons could be cultural (e.g. USA is an auto-centric country, local people's perception on cars, higher necessity to have an automobile, personal freedom, values, etc.)

Kumbaga, maraming dahilan.

On the other end of the spectrum, it is said that only less than 5% of the total Philippine population have an automobile (or at the very least can afford an automobile)

Hehe go figure
Old 10-30-14, 07:19 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless you are tracking the car I can't imagine anyone needing TVD on public roads anyway.

Old 10-31-14, 12:36 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Here's a short sneak preview of the Lexus RC-F that just arrived at Lexus Manila:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater

Unfortunately, I think the cameraman rev the car too much when the engine is still cold

Ouch<br/>#coldengine #redline #possibleenginedamage
Old 10-31-14, 01:07 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

I really love the aggressiveness of this car, able to see the rcF personally at Lexus of Stevens Creek last saturday. But i still need the 4 door of my F at Hinay-hinay muna sa budget.
Old 10-31-14, 02:12 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Lexus Manila has officially posted some preview pics on their Facebook page =)

https://www.facebook.com/LexusManila

In this YUMMYLICIOUS ORANGE colour :drool:

What a car

I might make a few comments, observations later on.......but that would be in another post.

In the meantime, enjoy the pictures

Last edited by Blackraven; 10-31-14 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-01-14, 10:14 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Please feel free to comment
Old 11-01-14, 10:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Please feel free to comment
Great pics..!! Thanks for sharing..

The rev wasn't that bad...

Also those are the 20 spoke polished wheels most regions are getting..

It is there highest packaged wheel option.. Which are non directional and non symmetrical..

Joe Z
Old 11-01-14, 11:32 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sure no problem. Credit though obviously goes to Lexus Manila since it comes from their official Facebook page =)

Is that so? Still, I wonder if the cameraman knows that revving a brand new engine to redline when the vehicle just turned on.......could lead to possible engine damage and component failure........most especially if the vehicle requires a break-in/warm-up period

Also those are the 20 spoke polished wheels most regions are getting

It is there highest packaged wheel option.. Which are non directional and non symmetrical..
Yeah they look stunning.

To be honest though, ALL FOUR wheel choice designs (for the RC-F) look really nice so there is no loser here (unlike in the 4GS where there is that one single wheel design that looks so ugly that I wanna burn it with a flamethrower)

Still, I'm surprised that we got the highest wheel option (aka BUZZSAW). Nevertheless, it's a great thing.

Perhaps, I would've preferred the Matte Black Buzzsaw wheels..........but nevertheless, these diamond turned and polished Buzzsaw wheels look really epic regardless. Great choice Lexus Manila

Anyways, feel free to save and download these pics to your computer or electronic devices (if you wish to do so........and this applies to anyone and everyone as well)

Question though:

In that centre console armrest, that material doesn't look like leather, does it? Could it be suede? Or maybe Alcantara?

P.S.

I think this is the first-ever pic of the RC F with a Lexus Remote Touch Control that DOES NOT have a MAP button.............which obviously means that this car does not have GPS Navigation

I get the feeling that GPS Navigation is not available for Lexus cars in the Philippines (e.g. could be because Lexus Japan does not yet have any Philippine mapping data).

Still, it's not much of a problem.........if you drive it around roads that you are 100% familiar anyway. If necessary, just buy an external GPS device (e.g. like a Garmin GPS unit)
Old 11-01-14, 11:35 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Also those are the 20 spoke polished wheels most regions are getting..

Joe Z
Indeed, thanks for sharing the phenomenal close ups.
Old 11-02-14, 10:48 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Indeed, thanks for sharing the phenomenal close ups.
Sure no problem (though as mentioned earlier, the credit goes to Lexus Manila and their facebook page) =)

P.S.
Question though:

Different regions and markets get different redlines?

Last edited by Blackraven; 11-02-14 at 11:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RC-F - PHILIPPINES = NO TVD :( but yehey Mark Levinson =)