36.62%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

How many people have ordered the RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 07:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,744 Posts

Argh! my eyes hurt with those fugly wheels showing up on every production RC-F. Why cannot Lexus ship just the standard wheels on even just one single RC-F?
Old 11-12-14, 03:11 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
Just got a call from Lexus an hour ago. All early preorders have been cancelled as of today. We have to pick from a set allocation by Lexus if you want to get yours sooner. Otherwise special orders will not come in until April 2015. They stated that for my region I could select from Black TVD, Grey TVD or Silver Non-TVD. I picked Grey TVD this time now. Prior I had preordered Blue, Silver then Orange. I don't really care too much on the color anymore. Just get one here.
I got scared reading this, so I talked to my dealer. He said the delay still only applies to the carbon fiber package. I'm getting a special order without the carbon fiber package so I'm still on track for sooner rather than later. When exactly, he doesn't know. Lexus doesn't tell him what place in line I'm in.
Old 11-12-14, 03:19 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
I got scared reading this, so I talked to my dealer. He said the delay still only applies to the carbon fiber package. I'm getting a special order without the carbon fiber package so I'm still on track for sooner rather than later. When exactly, he doesn't know. Lexus doesn't tell him what place in line I'm in.
Thanks for the update. I'm still in the dark too. A tidbit of information: An RC F that was built on 10/6 arrived at dealership today, so once it's on the manufacturing line, it goes pretty fast.
Old 11-12-14, 03:22 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Thanks for the update. I'm still in the dark too. A tidbit of information: An RC F that was built on 10/6 arrived at dealership today, so once it's on the manufacturing line, it goes pretty fast.
Anybody know if they tell you what ship it ends up on? That could be fun to track.
Old 11-14-14, 06:39 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Anybody know if they tell you what ship it ends up on? That could be fun to track.
I couldn't locate the thread for you but I think I remember someone on the 4GS thread saying that they were able to get the info to track the actual ship that's carrying your vehicle.
Old 11-28-14, 03:03 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told 90-120 days and I was dealing with the sales manager. They sent me a copy of the order.

Ryan,

A copy of the order is attached. Your vehicle will arrive in 90 to 120 days. I will have visibility of the vehicle and the VIN approximately 45 days from arrival. Please feel free to reach me any time for an update.
Old 11-28-14, 07:44 PM
tspoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered Ultra Whie, Circuit Red Interior. Carbon Fiber Top and Rear Wing, TVD. All Options.

Will know more after January for build date.

This is going to be a long wait. 5th in line, One allocation per month for my dealer.
Old 11-29-14, 07:45 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

I can confirm some of the above timelines. Assembling bits of information and making a few assumptions:
- Next set of cars hit dealerships (in NorCal) end December.
- Orders placed over last ~2 months get notification (and VIN) beginning January.
- Special order vehicles (non-carbon) start arriving mid-February.
Old 12-03-14, 10:50 AM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

White Exterior
Red Leather Interior
Premium Package
All Weather Package
Mark Levinson w/Nav
20 Spoke Wheels
Pre-Collision System with Radar Cruise
No Moon Roof

I tried to order with TVD, but I am told the stand-alone option is no longer available. I was on the fence with it anyway due to the added weight, and track use will be limited to 3-4 HPDE events per year. As a daily commuter, it will be fine with the Torsen.
Old 12-03-14, 11:07 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

How much are they going OTD?
Old 12-03-14, 11:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 203 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by SOM3
Only 16 cars ordered so far? I might have to hold out to see why nobody want these.
I will not trust CL poll as representative of all Lexus potential customers. I doubt there are more than a few % of Lexus owners that actually post or browse here .....
Old 12-08-14, 04:59 PM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by ToyLexFAM
White Exterior
Red Leather Interior
Premium Package
All Weather Package
Mark Levinson w/Nav
20 Spoke Wheels
Pre-Collision System with Radar Cruise
No Moon Roof

I tried to order with TVD, but I am told the stand-alone option is no longer available. I was on the fence with it anyway due to the added weight, and track use will be limited to 3-4 HPDE events per year. As a daily commuter, it will be fine with the Torsen.
Well, I received a call today stating that the TVD might still be available, and I will know once the order for the build is complete. I will update as soon as I get a definitive answer.
Old 12-09-14, 05:52 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I received a call today stating that the TVD might still be available, and I will know once the order for the build is complete. I will update as soon as I get a definitive answer.
Odd that there are these differences with the order process. My salesperson says he input my order with TVD as a single option and black was the only interior color that the system would take with the Ultra White exterior. No moon roof.
Old 12-09-14, 07:29 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 531 Likes on 315 Posts

Did Lexus provide you a price for the TVD stand-alone option? I think I read in an older thread that it was a $1,500 option.

Though you said you planned on only attending 3-4 HPDE events a year, your daily drives around town with the TVD should be entertaining as well.
Old 12-09-14, 07:43 AM
WayneIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by redspencer
Did Lexus provide you a price for the TVD stand-alone option? I think I read in an older thread that it was a $1,500 option.
TVD stand alone price is $1750.

Quick Reply: How many people have ordered the RCF?