RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Driving Impressions and Smokin’ the New Beast

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 07:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by chilipalm
Except for the half tablet stuck in the dash, the interior looks dated to me. Every time I sit in a BMW, I think of my dad's BMW from the 80's. It's designed for the old.
+^^^^! I have to Agree, to me this is NO Comparison at ALL to the RCF's! & what's the purpose of the lil' padded pillows on the front of the seats?
Old 04-23-15, 05:00 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only beef I have with the interior of the BMW is the...as another poster put it...the half tablet sticking out of the dash. To me it looks like they finished the car and the. Said "Oh sh.., we forgot to implement the Nav. Let's stick it here"
Old 04-23-15, 11:46 AM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default i must be missing something

so has anyone drove this beast? perhaps i need to find that thread cause all i'm seeing here are cosmetics. i test drove the rc-f and f sport and can definitely say the f is horrific. the sport has very good handling and more than anything balance. the vehicle goes about its business very quickly and quietly.

the f on the other hand is a monster. the fake mp3 type audio doesn't help. u can easily fool the computer into producing a sound which does not match what you're doing with the accelerator. i'm all for keepin' it real sans the synthesized engine din. still that's a nit.

what terrible about the f is the ride. trust me, u will lose teeth if u take this to work 5 days a week. course if u have dentures, leave them out til u've arrived! this is a track car, period. nice appointments but disappointing as even the power doesn't seem to be there when expected especially at launch. given a choice, the sport wins hands down.

that said, i wanted a beast so i bought a cts-v and while it's been over a dozen yrs since i bought anything other than a gs4, gx, or ls, i can tell you that caddy really figured this performance thing out. my guess is the mag shocks. u have 2 modes sport and really sport. both are beat what the f has as stock and i can still do .8 gs on turns without any discernible roll. whatever, the suspension is superb! no understeer and a predictable oversteer to keep the vehicle pointed in its intended direction when cornering. it's amazing!

lex has missed this even with the better balanced is-f. that car was damn near perfect but it was a 4 door and not very pretty. it's time for lex to give up the air bag suspension and get on board with mags. ferrari figured it out,
Old 04-23-15, 12:49 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So why aren't you in the Cadillac forum talking up this Lexus-bashing balderdash?

I think it is wasted on most folks in this LEXUS forum.

Oh...Sachsenring, Germany is a challenging track.

Here are a few documented times on that track:

#88/257 Lexus RCF 1.39.53
#112/257 Lexus RCF 1.40.81
#115/257 Cadillac CTS-V 1.40.86

I guess the "F" cars did ok in the face of the Cadillac challenge.

Originally Posted by ls4guy
so has anyone drove this beast? perhaps i need to find that thread cause all i'm seeing here are cosmetics. i test drove the rc-f and f sport and can definitely say the f is horrific. the sport has very good handling and more than anything balance. the vehicle goes about its business very quickly and quietly.

the f on the other hand is a monster. the fake mp3 type audio doesn't help. u can easily fool the computer into producing a sound which does not match what you're doing with the accelerator. i'm all for keepin' it real sans the synthesized engine din. still that's a nit.

what terrible about the f is the ride. trust me, u will lose teeth if u take this to work 5 days a week. course if u have dentures, leave them out til u've arrived! this is a track car, period. nice appointments but disappointing as even the power doesn't seem to be there when expected especially at launch. given a choice, the sport wins hands down.

that said, i wanted a beast so i bought a cts-v and while it's been over a dozen yrs since i bought anything other than a gs4, gx, or ls, i can tell you that caddy really figured this performance thing out. my guess is the mag shocks. u have 2 modes sport and really sport. both are beat what the f has as stock and i can still do .8 gs on turns without any discernible roll. whatever, the suspension is superb! no understeer and a predictable oversteer to keep the vehicle pointed in its intended direction when cornering. it's amazing!

lex has missed this even with the better balanced is-f. that car was damn near perfect but it was a 4 door and not very pretty. it's time for lex to give up the air bag suspension and get on board with mags. ferrari figured it out,
Attached Thumbnails -sachsenbring-germany.jpg  

Last edited by ISF001; 04-23-15 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 02:21 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the RCF is a real piece of chit that's why I got one because I am dumb and want to spend my money on things that suck.
Old 04-23-15, 04:00 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I haven't drove one yet, i just put it in my Avatar cause i thought it looked COOL & i couldn't find any cts-v's right off hand!
Old 05-01-15, 10:36 AM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Default perhaps.

i can really appreciate your response but i'm not about taking sides. just sharing experiences. i've done a little track stuff but very little and it was awhile back. btw, i am on the caddy forums as well.

peace

Originally Posted by ISF001
So why aren't you in the Cadillac forum talking up this Lexus-bashing balderdash?

I think it is wasted on most folks in this LEXUS forum.

Oh...Sachsenring, Germany is a challenging track.

Here are a few documented times on that track:

#88/257 Lexus RCF 1.39.53
#112/257 Lexus RCF 1.40.81
#115/257 Cadillac CTS-V 1.40.86

I guess the "F" cars did ok in the face of the Cadillac challenge.
Old 05-01-15, 02:31 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can really appreciate your response but i'm not about taking sides. just sharing experiences. i've done a little track stuff but very little and it was awhile back. btw, i am on the caddy forums as well.

peace
Two things that attracted me to the RC F over the CTS V: 1) reliability and 2) gas mileage. OK, I know I'll be flamed for saying that gas mileage is important for a performance vehicle and that if I can afford the car, I can afford the gas, blah blah blah. However, Lexus did design the RC F engine to provide both. No guzzler tax is a plus.

How long do you plan to keep the caddy?
Old 05-06-15, 11:41 AM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 7No
Two things that attracted me to the RC F over the CTS V: 1) reliability and 2) gas mileage. OK, I know I'll be flamed for saying that gas mileage is important for a performance vehicle and that if I can afford the car, I can afford the gas, blah blah blah. However, Lexus did design the RC F engine to provide both. No guzzler tax is a plus.

How long do you plan to keep the caddy?
personally, i feel you're right on point. hell, the worst lex will trump the best gm vehicle when it comes to reliability; moreover, if anyone flames u for your thoughts on mpg, shame on them! i pretty much top off every day i drive that thing. my best combined is 16 and my sales guy who owns a non-v cts says, i'm getting better mpg then he does! let's face it, that 6 speed tranny ain't doing us any favors. so kudos to u, mister.

the most difficult part of buying was paying that $2.6k guzzler tax. sucks!! i'm still not over that. i thought about it long and hard since they also had a new '14 in the same color for $10k less. i made the move for a cpl reasons though - i'm likely to take this pup to my grave and, out of all the coupe models the '15 may have the best chance of becoming a collector. and no, i'm not banking on that. wagons are even more rare.

. . . now good luck with that "f." don't be swayed too much by the car mag write-ups. if u keep reading like i have for decades they eventually write about their personal cars and u'd be floored with what they drive.

cars are personal and most ppl like us have a connection that many others cannot relate to.
Old 05-06-15, 06:16 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Do Caddies still come with a year supply of Geritol?