RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official UK stats for the RC-F

Old 08-15-14, 05:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

And will still wait for Lexus USA to release finished pricing spec sheet...

Joe Z

Old 08-15-14, 06:01 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... it's not going to start at 60k USD, that's for sure!

If the RC-F starts in the 70s then it'd be looking to compete with the F-type/RS5, which I think is still entirely possible, no? However, those two cars are charging a premium based on aesthetics/design, whereas the RC-F is not widely accepted at that level, thus I just don't see it commanding the same kind of $$$.

After owning the ISF since 08, I have come to realize that refinement and reliability is not a high priority for me since this is a weekend car, and that's maybe why the RC-F doesn't have the same appeal to me like the ISF did back then. Hm, maybe I'll go domestic and adopt a certain "kitten" from hell.
Old 08-15-14, 06:37 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I am with you there.... the Charger/Challenger Hellcat is looking like a great deal. Supposedly not limited in production numbers, and 700hp with a warranty for ~$60-65k? Have to give credit where credit is due, that is impressive no matter what.

If the RC-F with TVD option comes out to $70k MSRP, or the Carbon edition is $75k+, Hellcat it is....

Originally Posted by primecut
Well... it's not going to start at 60k USD, that's for sure!

If the RC-F starts in the 70s then it'd be looking to compete with the F-type/RS5, which I think is still entirely possible, no? However, those two cars are charging a premium based on aesthetics/design, whereas the RC-F is not widely accepted at that level, thus I just don't see it commanding the same kind of $$$.

After owning the ISF since 08, I have come to realize that refinement and reliability is not a high priority for me since this is a weekend car, and that's maybe why the RC-F doesn't have the same appeal to me like the ISF did back then. Hm, maybe I'll go domestic and adopt a certain "kitten" from hell.
Old 08-15-14, 06:50 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmike177
I am with you there.... the Charger/Challenger Hellcat is looking like a great deal. Supposedly not limited in production numbers, and 700hp with a warranty for ~$60-65k? Have to give credit where credit is due, that is impressive no matter what.

If the RC-F with TVD option comes out to $70k MSRP, or the Carbon edition is $75k+, Hellcat it is....
While on the surface it looks a a bargain (if you're into 'Merican muscle). I can only imagine the quality of the rest of the car. 90% of the value is in that motor, the rest of the car must have cut a lot of corners.
Old 08-15-14, 07:05 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

so if a base ISF in UK was 57k pound, now RCF is 59k pound - which is pretty much like a loaded ISF. Here base ISF is 63.6k, so it could potentially start off here at $65-67k based on the UK numbers, where 67k was loaded ISF in US.

and it still looks like every other porky challenger out there but with different wheels and hood. Rather have a vette even if it is slower than a hellcat

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 08-15-14 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-15-14, 07:19 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
While on the surface it looks a a bargain (if you're into 'Merican muscle). I can only imagine the quality of the rest of the car. 90% of the value is in that motor, the rest of the car must have cut a lot of corners.
Speaking about corners, I have to believe that the car does not have what it really needs to manage the horsepower given the price--could be an accident waiting to happen. The money is all in the engine.

Last edited by ISF001; 08-15-14 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-15-14, 07:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF001
Speaking about corners, I have to believe that the car does not have what it really needs to manage the horsepower given the price--could be an accident waiting to happen. The money is all in the engine.
challenger SRT tipped the scales at 4260 pounds, hellcat will be even fatter. Thats why the camaro and mustang ran circles around the challenger, so fat.
Old 08-15-14, 09:37 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be cross-shopping them, but at that price point I'm taking a real hard look at other options, including the F-Type S and Cayman GTS. That's some serious competition!!! Do you really see non-Lexus loyalists taking a RC-F over a Cayman GTS?!? I don't know, this just looks like a bad move on Lexus part especially when they have been the price leader in the previous gen.

As enthusiasts I'd hope that you guys wouldn't dismiss the hellcat just because it's "overweight" and a "dodge" etc etc. I'd withhold judgement until seeing the car in person, but so far the interior looks to be 1000% improved, comes fully loaded with the latest tech and amenities, and more practical than an RC-F. Reviews on handling also seem to be universally positive (Track time @ 5min mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jRLQa5U8E#t=313). It's not an MX-5 that's for sure. But arguing that it's just a crap challenger with a big motor is like saying that the RC-F is just a 2-door GS with a V8 and a bodykit. Not true. The hellcat has all the stang/camaro guys on tilt.

Back on topic, you guys don't think that 70k puts this car at a marketing/sales disadvantage? Does it also mean that the regular RCs are going to be priced higher than the regular 4-series (Starting MSRP, not feature-to-feature)?
Old 08-15-14, 11:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

WTF? Cayman is a 2 seater with no boot to speak of. How is that exactly comparable to a 2 + 2 coupe with a decent size boot that can store suitcases? No one would ever cross shop an RC-F with a Cayman.

Originally Posted by primecut
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be cross-shopping them, but at that price point I'm taking a real hard look at other options, including the F-Type S and Cayman GTS. That's some serious competition!!! Do you really see non-Lexus loyalists taking a RC-F over a Cayman GTS?!? I don't know, this just looks like a bad move on Lexus part especially when they have been the price leader in the previous gen.

As enthusiasts I'd hope that you guys wouldn't dismiss the hellcat just because it's "overweight" and a "dodge" etc etc. I'd withhold judgement until seeing the car in person, but so far the interior looks to be 1000% improved, comes fully loaded with the latest tech and amenities, and more practical than an RC-F. Reviews on handling also seem to be universally positive (Track time @ 5min mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jRLQa5U8E#t=313). It's not an MX-5 that's for sure. But arguing that it's just a crap challenger with a big motor is like saying that the RC-F is just a 2-door GS with a V8 and a bodykit. Not true. The hellcat has all the stang/camaro guys on tilt.

Back on topic, you guys don't think that 70k puts this car at a marketing/sales disadvantage? Does it also mean that the regular RCs are going to be priced higher than the regular 4-series (Starting MSRP, not feature-to-feature)?
Old 08-16-14, 12:05 AM
abedrcf
Driver School Candidate

i think the RCF will do 0-60 in 4.1-4.2 seconds, because in 2008 lexus said that the ISF will do 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, and all car magazines got better numbers, even 4.2 seconds was possible, now its 0-62 in 4.5, so 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 and with a good driver that knows how to launch it, it will do 4 flat, it has to be faster than the ISF so don't worry it will kick some ***, and if you judge a car by 0-60 times then you better off with a nissan GT-R with the same price and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, i mean the 2008-2009 GT-R, lets wait and see what car magazines say about this new beast.....
Old 08-16-14, 06:07 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh and can I just mention that only about 100 are coming to the UK in 2015. Out of 100, approximately 50 are already ordered. The others, according to the UK forums are waiting to see the car.

Its going to be a very popular vehicle!
Old 08-16-14, 06:11 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

sounds like its going to be real rare
Old 08-16-14, 09:41 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Oh and can I just mention that only about 100 are coming to the UK in 2015. Out of 100, approximately 50 are already ordered. The others, according to the UK forums are waiting to see the car.

Its going to be a very popular vehicle!
just put in my order so there is only 99 left. lol :-)
Old 08-16-14, 09:55 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
WTF? Cayman is a 2 seater with no boot to speak of. How is that exactly comparable to a 2 + 2 coupe with a decent size boot that can store suitcases? No one would ever cross shop an RC-F with a Cayman.
I guess I don't exist then. 2 rear seats and a boot is low priority for some people, believe it or not. To your point, I'm sure there are people who plan to DD or use the car for business and must have those requirements, but if you only look at the volume of threads and comparos pitting the M4 and the Cayman (Incl. the GTS), you'll see that it's direct competition along with the RC-F.
Old 08-16-14, 12:04 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400jon
$113,500 for the RC F????
Are you drunk? It's £67'995 in total, not added to the non-CF price tag.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official UK stats for the RC-F