RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF in Obsidian Black!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-14, 03:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I think this is one of those cars u have to see in person to appreciate cause it just doesn't look anything special to me especially in black. The IS-F looks so good in black but I'm way too lazy to maintain a black paint job, that is why I only own white or silver cars. It could also be the wheels, I would hate to drop $80k on a car then immediately have to drop another $3-4k on aftermarket wheels
If you're an enthusiast odds are you have a second set in the garage already you can swap
Old 07-27-14, 05:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I don't know what the heck Lexus is doing. Looks like Lexus seems insecure or something else is going on otherwise, Lexus would have released the specs and pricing by now. Lexus is parading all of these RC-Fs in Canada and US without revealing anything on pricing and specs. Simply never happened in the past with another car.

Huge red flag for me.
I am as impatient as the next guy, but this is a marketing strategy...that appears to be working.

I expect to see specs in a couple of weeks when order taking takes place in most of the US.

I would drop the flag for the time being. These are pre-production campaigns to build the suspense and excitement. Admittedly, we are ALL ready to see the specs.
Old 07-27-14, 08:08 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the lack of specs for the RC F, I am quite sure that it's because Lexus is wrapping up the launch of the NX and wants to allow that vehicle to have it's moment before moving onto the RC.

NX media drives were about a month ago and I think the embargo on specs and first drives was lifted 7/7? RC F is now being driven by the press, so if we follow that timeline, I assume that we should have first drive impressions and final specs within the next two weeks.

Lots of corporate resources with events, PR, marketing, media relations, etc. go into the launch of these vehicles, and while RC F is a whole lot more exciting than the NX, Lexus needs to handle them independently. Our moment is almost here
Old 07-27-14, 08:28 PM
Furge
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually really like the wheels!
Don't love the hood and the dual stack exhaust, and don't love all the extra creases; but the black paint hides these more.
The RC coupe is way more beautiful, in my opinion.
But I'm still buying an F (assuming the option packages are what I want)
Old 07-27-14, 09:03 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Furge
I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually really like the wheels!
Don't love the hood and the dual stack exhaust, and don't love all the extra creases; but the black paint hides these more.
The RC coupe is way more beautiful, in my opinion.
But I'm still buying an F (assuming the option packages are what I want)
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If you're an enthusiast odds are you have a second set in the garage already you can swap
I agree with Furge on everything, except his first sentence. Those wheels are mundane.

But I agree wholeheartedly with Hoov, I don't care how nice the Lexus wheels are, the car won't be "me" until I equip with some aftermarket shoes (and spacers if necessary for the perfect stance).

And I'd like it to sit a tad lower too, especially up front. It needs a little more forward lean, further "hiding" the front bulge effect. So, the car will likely need some aftermarket coils or springs for a subtle but perfect drop.

The car ain't perfect, but it'll do just fine. It's a new Lexus performance coupe with a V8, so I'll happily take it. I can make it work, in red or black.
Old 07-28-14, 04:56 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I don't know what the heck Lexus is doing. Looks like Lexus seems insecure or something else is going on otherwise, Lexus would have released the specs and pricing by now. Lexus is parading all of these RC-Fs in Canada and US without revealing anything on pricing and specs. Simply never happened in the past with another car.

Huge red flag for me.
Theatricality and deception are powerful weapons to the uninitiated.

Either the RC-F is not up to par, or it blow the competition out of the water.
Old 07-28-14, 05:44 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Theatricality and deception are powerful weapons to the uninitiated.

Either the RC-F is not up to par, or it blow the competition out of the water.
LOL. Dark Knight Rises quote.

Seems very fitting considering your login name.
Old 07-29-14, 11:24 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Regarding the lack of specs for the RC F, I am quite sure that it's because Lexus is wrapping up the launch of the NX and wants to allow that vehicle to have it's moment before moving onto the RC.

NX media drives were about a month ago and I think the embargo on specs and first drives was lifted 7/7? RC F is now being driven by the press, so if we follow that timeline, I assume that we should have first drive impressions and final specs within the next two weeks.

Lots of corporate resources with events, PR, marketing, media relations, etc. go into the launch of these vehicles, and while RC F is a whole lot more exciting than the NX, Lexus needs to handle them independently. Our moment is almost here
This. I know we're all excited, but thank you for a moment of lucidity. Can't wait for the first drive videos!
Old 07-29-14, 12:12 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I think this is one of those cars u have to see in person to appreciate cause it just doesn't look anything special to me especially in black. The IS-F looks so good in black but I'm way too lazy to maintain a black paint job, that is why I only own white or silver cars. It could also be the wheels, I would hate to drop $80k on a car then immediately have to drop another $3-4k on aftermarket wheels
but isn't this what most of us do?
Old 07-29-14, 12:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

buzzsaw wheels are the best looking out of the 3, I like the contrasting spokes. They shouldve made some LFA style wheels like on the IS F Sport.
Old 07-29-14, 01:15 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Someone should photoshop the LFA split 5 spoke wheels onto the RC F
Old 07-30-14, 09:15 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's a few more!

Old 07-30-14, 09:28 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
but isn't this what most of us do?
I think this wheel works fine with the car.
Attached Thumbnails RCF in Obsidian Black!-rcf-wheel.jpg  
Old 07-30-14, 10:23 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

^I like the general shape of that wheel, but wish it was a little more three dimensional or had more of a lip or something. It just looks a little plain for the RC F.
Old 07-30-14, 11:02 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

If the dimensions are the same, I'd likely just go for the 19" F-sport wheels…

Quick Reply: RCF in Obsidian Black!