Search this Thread

Old 07-08-14, 07:50 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
That red is gorgeous.

The paint is indeed gorgeous.

But this angle of the car, for me it's one of the worse.

The way the hood, lights and grille all intersect with the fenders, it just looks so busy to me. The hump in the hood is pronounced, the lights seem to have a strange shape from this angle, the lower front fascia with the gaping holes, it all just doesn't flow well from this perspective at all for me. It almost looks cartoonish, and I don't know if this design is going to look good 10 years from now.

I like the dead-on front shot much better. Everything at least looks in proportion. And the rear end and even the side profile look much better to me, cleaner lines and more fluid. Even the stance looks just about right.

I'm trying so hard to love this coupe, but that front end from this particular angle, it just deadens my enthusiasm. Every time I'd be walking around the car, mesmerized, I'd always stop at this particular angle and be a little sad. As much as love this color, here's hoping that white or black camouflages the lines and the hood much better from this angle.

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-08-14 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-08-14, 07:59 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

looks fine to me, its like a muscle car hood. Fitting for the RCF

Old 07-08-14, 08:05 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
looks fine to me, its like a muscle car hood. Fitting for the RCF
From this angle, both the RC and RCF look solid to me.

From the other front corner angle in my other post, the RC tends to look better to me (smaller hood and better front fascia from that angle)....but still not great.

And I want the V8.

Again, here's hoping white or black does wonders for the RC-F. I'm not buying the RC, so the RCF is the only one I'm even considering. Else, I'm going German in a year when this 4GS lease is up. I've never considered a white car, so black will probably have to do it. I have hope.
Old 07-08-14, 08:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
The paint is indeed gorgeous.

But this angle of the car, for me it's one of the worse.

The way the hood, lights and grille all intersect with the fenders, it just looks so busy to me. The hump in the hood is pronounced, the lights seem to have a strange shape from this angle, the lower front fascia with the gaping holes, it all just doesn't flow well from this perspective at all for me. It almost looks cartoonish, and I don't know if this design is going to look good 10 years from now.

I like the dead-on front shot much better. Everything at least looks in proportion. And the rear end and even the side profile look much better to me, cleaner lines and more fluid. Even the stance looks just about right.

I'm trying so hard to love this coupe, but that front end from this particular angle, it just deadens my enthusiasm. Every time I'd be walking around the car, mesmerized, I'd always stop at this particular angle and be a little sad. As much as love this color, here's hoping that white or black camouflages the lines and the hood much better from this angle.
This angle looks great to me.
Old 07-08-14, 11:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

So many nice colors, I don't know which I'd choose.
Old 08-13-14, 07:00 AM
Furge
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
They are all super sexy. White one really stands out! I'm glad they got rid of the tiny fog lamps on the f-sport.
I love the LED? fog lamps from the f-sport. I really wish the RC F had them. Not sure how you can sell a performance oriented "real" sports car today without fog lamps.
Old 09-20-14, 06:43 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, those RC's are sexy! Love the new red, looks like Matador offered on other models. I'm sure it would look amazing with the carbon package.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 09-20-14 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-02-14, 03:32 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Ok, so I'm seeing 3 different wheel types from the pics in this thread. Anyone know which ones will be standard on base and premium packages and standard on carbon?
Old 10-02-14, 02:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Ok, so I'm seeing 3 different wheel types from the pics in this thread. Anyone know which ones will be standard on base and premium packages and standard on carbon?
You can get any of the three wheels on any trim level.

The standard wheels are the gold like color with I think 10 spokes on them

The optional wheels are the mesh with split spoke (all silver) and the mesh split spoke with a 3D design The outer spoke is silver while the inner spoke has a dark finish on it.

I personally believe the standard one's look the best (After liking the 3D-look split spoke wheels for the longest time, I came to the conclusion the standards work the best)

Standard:

Optional:

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-02-14 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-02-14, 05:09 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You can get any of the three wheels on any trim level.

The standard wheels are the gold like color with I think 10 spokes on them

The optional wheels are the mesh with split spoke (all silver) and the mesh split spoke with a 3D design The outer spoke is silver while the inner spoke has a dark finish on it.

I personally believe the standard one's look the best (After liking the 3D-look split spoke wheels for the longest time, I came to the conclusion the standards work the best)

Standard:

Optional:

Very nice! Is the a better side profile pic of the standard wheels. I can't find many pics of them on the car.
Old 10-16-14, 03:06 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

None of the wheels look good enough for me to keep them on the car. Nothing has changed in my car game....I'll switch wheels as soon as I can.