Your guess at 0-60 and 1/4 mile time is? - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Your guess at 0-60 and 1/4 mile time is?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-14, 09:13 AM   #1
Cajun1
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Cajun1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Default Your guess at 0-60 and 1/4 mile time is?

In the absence of real specs and stats I thought it might be interesting to see where most people think the RCF acceleration numbers might be. We know there's going to be extra weight compared to the ISF but there's more horsepower too.
Just for comparisons sake the BMW E92 coupe 0-60 was approx. 4.5 sec but the 400 pound heavier convertible took 5.1 seconds. Having driven them back to back I can tell you there's a big difference in feel.
Are we thinking the RCF will be at least as fast as the ISF?
Cajun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 10:04 AM   #2
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun1 View Post
Are we thinking the RCF will be at least as fast as the ISF?
It will be much faster. There is no doubt about that. Both around a track and straight line. The weight difference would be around 100 - 120 lbs according to what Lexus is advertising (under 3960 lbs) so it is not like it would be several hundred pounds heavier.

You mentioned E92 and E93 M3 weight, but it would be more like E90 and E92 weight difference.

Moreover, it will have 477 PS as opposed to 423 PS, which is a big difference. My guess:

0 - 60 mph in 3.8 - 3.9 seconds

1/4 mile: 12.1 - 12.2 seconds@114 - 115 mph.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 11:46 AM   #3
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion
 
TimboIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ƒ(x)
Posts: 2,257
Default

There's no way in h*** it will be in the 3's. LF-A was upper 3's. I'm guessing 4.3s at best.

Last edited by TimboIS; 06-15-14 at 12:03 PM.
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 12:00 PM   #4
metaleckz
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (6)
 
metaleckz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 1,390
Default

0-60:4.4
1/4 Mile: 12.5?
Just my guess hah
metaleckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 01:31 PM   #5
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,691
Default

0-60: 4.3
1/4 Mile: 12.4
I'd wager
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 01:47 PM   #6
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
There's no way in h*** it will be in the 3's. LF-A was upper 3's. I'm guessing 4.3s at best.
Apples to oranges. IS-F was tested with 0 - 60 mph in 4.2 seconds in various tests. I am sure RC-F being 3/10th quicker to 60 mph is very realistic. It cannot be seen in relation to LFA.

0 - 60 mph is only a measure of traction. LFA was 0 - 60 mph in 3.6 seconds because it was severely traction limited off the line. The C63 AMG 507 does 0 - 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. That did not mean it could put up a fight against LFA. The M4 is also officially at 3.9 seconds. However, LFA real puts all its power after 70 mph with the added downforce.

LFA's 1/4 mile trap speed (125 - 126 mph) and 0 - 200 KM/H (125 mph) in 11.2 seconds and 0 - 165 in 21 seconds were a far better indicator of the real power.

I think this video illustrates it best with the IS-F CCS-R (455 HP, 3200 lbs) vs Lexus LFA how LFA stretches the lead as the speed goes up.

IS-F CCS-R POV video (Pro driver Ken Gushi):


LFA POV (Pro driver Jacob Tanaka)


Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-15-14 at 02:05 PM.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 02:10 PM   #7
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion
 
TimboIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ƒ(x)
Posts: 2,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS View Post
Apples to oranges. IS-F was tested with 0 - 60 mph in 4.2 seconds in various tests. I am sure RC-F being 3/10th quicker to 60 mph is very realistic. It cannot be seen in relation to LFA.

0 - 60 mph is only a measure of traction. LFA was 0 - 60 mph in 3.6 seconds because it was severely traction limited off the line. The C63 AMG 507 does 0 - 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. That did not mean it could put up a fight against LFA. The M4 is also officially at 3.9 seconds. However, LFA real puts all its power after 70 mph with the added downforce.

LFA's 1/4 mile trap speed (125 - 126 mph) and 0 - 200 KM/H (125 mph) in 11.2 seconds and 0 - 165 in 21 seconds were a far better indicator of the real power.

I think this video illustrates it best with the IS-F CCS-R (455 HP, 3200 lbs) vs Lexus LFA how LFA stretches the lead as the speed goes up.

IS-F CCS-R POV video (Pro driver Ken Gushi):

Lexus IS-F CCS-R hot lap Long Beach Grand Prix 2013 HD - YouTube

LFA POV (Pro driver Jacob Tanaka)

Lexus LFA Hot Lap Long Beach Grand Prix 2013 HD - YouTube
Um, ya. I'll agree the LF-A performance was underwhelming for what it was. But good luck with your hypothesis. Wishful thinking.
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 02:44 PM   #8
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
Um, ya. I'll agree the LF-A performance was underwhelming for what it was.
0 - 60 mph wise, yes LFA was limited by traction like any very high horsepower super car with MFE/RWD and no trick side to side torque vectoring differential to assist in launches and without sticky r compounds. However, it was a monster from 60 mph onwards like seen in the video above (which is what is truly relevant for track racing since it is always a rolling/flying start). 0 - 60 mph certainly did not stop it from making it as one of the very greatest ever.

Quote:
But good luck with your hypothesis. Wishful thinking.
So you are saying my analogy that an RC-F with ~ 50 more HP, better tires and a torque vectoring differential would be 3/10ths quicker than the IS-F 0 - 60 mph, is wishful thinking?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-15-14 at 03:42 PM.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 04:30 PM   #9
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion
 
TimboIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ƒ(x)
Posts: 2,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS View Post
0 - 60 mph wise, yes LFA was limited by traction like any very high horsepower super car with MFE/RWD and no trick side to side torque vectoring differential to assist in launches and without sticky r compounds. However, it was a monster from 60 mph onwards like seen in the video above (which is what is truly relevant for track racing since it is always a rolling/flying start). 0 - 60 mph certainly did not stop it from making it as one of the very greatest ever.



So you are saying my analogy that an RC-F with ~ 50 more HP, better tires and a torque vectoring differential would be 3/10ths quicker than the IS-F 0 - 60 mph, is wishful thinking?
ABSOLUTELY it's wishful thinking!!! You're hypothesizing ABSOLUTE BEST CASE SCENARIO (best weather/temps, best track condition, best launch, best driver, better tires, etc, etc). I'm talking IS-F published (ie. repeatable) rating of 4.6s. So yes, even at 3/10th better, it's not a <4.0 car. So yes, maybe 1 person out of 10,000 just might squeeze out a <4s (downhill, full moon, race fuel, better tires, etc, etc.).
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 06:14 PM   #10
ISF001
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
There's no way in h*** it will be in the 3's. LF-A was upper 3's. I'm guessing 4.3s at best.
I' m guessing 3.9 and 12.2...rather than arguing about it, we'll see the specs very soon.

Remember, the IS F will run a 4.2 stock.

Comparisons to the LFA are irrelevant. Soon we'll see.
ISF001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 07:09 PM   #11
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
Lexura1414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 990
Default

4.1 and 12.3 for me
Lexura1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 02:34 AM   #12
Celsius
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Celsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 450
Default

0-60 = 4.2
1/4 = 12.2
Celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 05:58 AM   #13
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Edmunds- 0-60 in 8.2 seconds
C&D- 0-60 in 3.2 seconds with bold title to get you to buy mag "omg fastest v-8 Lexus"
Internet trolls- 0-60 in 6 seconds and Lexus LFA sucks too
R&T-0-60 in 4 seconds flat
Consumer Reports- we don't care bout no stinking 0-60 time
Pro Lexus guy- 0-60 in 1 second filled with gold bars driving down MT. Everest
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 06:03 AM   #14
motzus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 1
Default

Based upon the released information so far the 0-60 real 0-60 time is anyone's guess. If you plug numbers into Calculator we can get an estimate. To make sure that the site is generating numbers that are close to reality I started with the numbers for the IS-F. So 416HP, 3780 LBS, RWD, automatic transmission and I get 4.699 sec for 0-60. That is pretty close to the Lexus stated of 4.6 seconds IS F Info.

So if we plug in the information for the RC-F [http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f/726587-rcf-weight.html[/URL] 450HP, 3968 LBS, RWD, automatic we get 4.5 seconds. Now lexus states that the power is "greater than 450HP" and weight is "less than 3968 LBS" we can be generous and give it 460HP and 3900LBS we get 4.46 0-60. Which honestly isn't all that great.

The new M4 from BMW (which I assume is a direct competitor to the RC-F) is M4 Info 0-60 3.9 seconds with the DCT transmission. Even with the manual the 0-60 is 4.1 seconds.

For the RC-F to approach M4 performance (assuming fixed weight) the HP will have to be in the 550 range. The RC-F could also cut weight (assuming fixed HP) it would have to weight less than 3200 LBS. Maybe the RC-F could do it with a combination of less weight and more HP so if we split the difference then we need something in the range of 525 HP and 3750 LBS.

What is really hurting the RC-F is the automatic transmission. According to the web site the DCT is good for .5 seconds 0-60. Assuming Lexus does some magic with the tuning of the automatic and they get DCT like performance out of it then a power target of 455 HP and weight of 3950 will get a 0-60 of 3.998 seconds. Given the inaccuracy of the calculations we can probably call that M4 performance.

Last edited by motzus; 06-16-14 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Fixed links
motzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 08:34 AM   #15
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,904
Default

Power is 477 PS (471 HP) so your estimate of 455 HP is off.

I have no idea how you came up with the math that RC-F will have to make 525 HP to match the M4. Sounds quite ridiculous considering RC-F will have a better power-to-weight ratio with 471 HP. My guess is, you are using some of the hyped up marketing weight figures like 3200 lbs for the M4 or something when it has been tested close to 3600 lbs in European tests so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motzus View Post
Based upon the released information so far the 0-60 real 0-60 time is anyone's guess. If you plug numbers into Calculator we can get an estimate. To make sure that the site is generating numbers that are close to reality I started with the numbers for the IS-F. So 416HP, 3780 LBS, RWD, automatic transmission and I get 4.699 sec for 0-60. That is pretty close to the Lexus stated of 4.6 seconds IS F Info.

So if we plug in the information for the RC-F [http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f/726587-rcf-weight.html[/URL] 450HP, 3968 LBS, RWD, automatic we get 4.5 seconds. Now lexus states that the power is "greater than 450HP" and weight is "less than 3968 LBS" we can be generous and give it 460HP and 3900LBS we get 4.46 0-60. Which honestly isn't all that great.

The new M4 from BMW (which I assume is a direct competitor to the RC-F) is M4 Info 0-60 3.9 seconds with the DCT transmission. Even with the manual the 0-60 is 4.1 seconds.

For the RC-F to approach M4 performance (assuming fixed weight) the HP will have to be in the 550 range. The RC-F could also cut weight (assuming fixed HP) it would have to weight less than 3200 LBS. Maybe the RC-F could do it with a combination of less weight and more HP so if we split the difference then we need something in the range of 525 HP and 3750 LBS.

What is really hurting the RC-F is the automatic transmission. According to the web site the DCT is good for .5 seconds 0-60. Assuming Lexus does some magic with the tuning of the automatic and they get DCT like performance out of it then a power target of 455 HP and weight of 3950 will get a 0-60 of 3.998 seconds. Given the inaccuracy of the calculations we can probably call that M4 performance.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rcf with 2 infant seats mcauley RC F (2015-present) 8 11-25-15 09:45 AM
Numbers are in on RC-F and M4 now let's compare IS-F to them Weapon F IS F (2008-2014) 62 04-14-15 06:09 AM
RC-F with TVD 0-60 in 4.3 sec ChuH RC F (2015-present) 1 11-08-14 09:51 PM
2014 is250 vs 350 - carbon build up Q & 0-60 times markb3 Build Threads 50 11-03-14 09:18 PM
RCF Weight StealthFF RC F (2015-present) 28 04-04-14 11:16 PM


Tags
060, 14, 507, 60, coupe, isf, lexus, m4, mile, quarter, rc, rcf, sc430, time, times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved