RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 05:55 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

With the new flat plane cranked gt350 on its way, the rcf has some serious competition coming. That car has the potential to be extraordinary. Should be an apples to apples comparo to me.
Old 11-24-14, 09:28 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
With the new flat plane cranked gt350 on its way, the rcf has some serious competition coming. That car has the potential to be extraordinary. Should be an apples to apples comparo to me.
No doubt. The flat-plane crankshaft for the Voodoo engine has a lower rotating mass. It should allow this V-8 to rev past 8000 rpm and deliver 550 horsepower.

As I said, I like Stags. The question is one of overall stability at high speeds. This has historically not been a strength.
Old 11-24-14, 10:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

GT350 isnt the same type of car, RCF is a luxury GT, GT350 is a trackcore car. Performance wise the GT350 will definately be superior, but thats about it
Old 11-24-14, 05:47 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
GT350 isnt the same type of car, RCF is a luxury GT, GT350 is a trackcore car. Performance wise the GT350 will definately be superior, but thats about it
True. It's in the subtleties of luxury at speed that the RCF will shine. The GT350 will be amazing but at that price point has to be a little, shall we say "rough around the edges". It's just a different experience and therefore not quite an apples to apples comparison.
Old 11-28-14, 08:19 PM
tspoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
why are these two cars are even being compared? even mustang lovers would choose the RCF
Ha, exactly what I was thinking, not even in the same league.
Old 11-29-14, 11:40 PM
gearcase
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rcf

Big $ diff Bang for buck mustang. i think RCF under rated and if good driver will be there even if you mod your mustang . Think f cars already have flat plain crank. my Bad not flat plain crank. just need set of noval headers.

Last edited by gearcase; 11-30-14 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-30-14, 04:35 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Default Sound of Music

Make no mistake, this car IS the game changer. With the "R" & "S" variant to follow after the release of this beast, utilizing MORE carbon fiber body panels and other light weight materials, the variants will certainly perform well on the street and track
As soon as Ford had their press release, put my name on the list as of now I am #1, the list has grown considerably

Last edited by Civic Si-r; 11-30-14 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 05:07 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
Make no mistake, this car IS the game changer. With the "R" & "S" variant to follow after the release of this beast, utilizing MORE carbon fiber body panels and other light weight materials, the variants will certainly perform well on the street and track
As soon as Ford had their press release, put my name on the list as of now I am #1, the list has grown considerably

Loading Up the GT350!! - YouTube

Lets be honest, if you are looking for a great track car the RCF is not it, get a GTR and make it 1000HP and own everything.

But when I am sitting in traffic or on public roads and cant use the 1000HP and that's 99% of the time I would rather sit inside something that is nice inside and not going to kill by back and beat the hell out of me.

Again for a daily driver that I know is not going to leave me on the side of the road, that looks good and is fun to drive I cant think of anything better.
Old 11-30-14, 06:32 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Lets be honest, if you are looking for a great track car the RCF is not it, get a GTR and make it 1000HP and own everything.

But when I am sitting in traffic or on public roads and cant use the 1000HP and that's 99% of the time I would rather sit inside something that is nice inside and not going to kill by back and beat the hell out of me.

Again for a daily driver that I know is not going to leave me on the side of the road, that looks good and is fun to drive I cant think of anything better.
^^This. RCF is almost in a class of its own IMO. These endless comparisons to Mustangs and M4s are sort of useless. There's nothing out there that I would really cross shop.
Old 12-01-14, 01:16 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd

I think ur missing the whole point of what makes these cars great.

Please drive the M4 and new Mustang - they are extremely comfortable and quiet perfect for a daily driver. They have all the luxury features of the RCF.

If anything the RCF is the louder of the three cars and the one that makes u feel more alive when u drive it.....Its not ur typical luxurious Lexus and thats why to me its better than M4 or Mustang after driving all 3.

PS - its a GREAT track car for the average to above average driver to exploit such as myself....someone that can die in a 1000hp GTR or cant drive an M4 at 10/10s to really feel that its special.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 12-01-14 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-03-14, 08:38 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

I finally got around to test driving a Mustang GT yesterday and I have to say I was quite impressed with the powerband. I test drove a manual transmission and was able to chirp the tires first through third gear. Exterior design was well laid out in the pain and plastic pieces looked nice.

With that, as nice as the interior is compared to previous generation Fords it's still had a lot of cheap features that really took away from the overall interior design (fake stitched leather dash look made out of rubber).
Old 12-06-14, 08:28 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Old 12-06-14, 10:53 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to admit. I'm a lot more excited about the gt350 than the rcf. Ford really did something special here, where as I feel lexus played it too safe. Can't wait to see what these do around the track.
Old 12-06-14, 12:37 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
I have to admit. I'm a lot more excited about the gt350 than the rcf. Ford really did something special here, where as I feel lexus played it too safe. Can't wait to see what these do around the track.
It will be amazeballs raucous fun. Still different from RC F because of refinement and Ddriveability.
Old 12-11-14, 04:53 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SOM3
This exactly. I pulled my deposit for RCF, it just didn't deliver.

I'm pretty pumped about GT350, C63, and to lesser extent ATSV and RS5.
SOM,

I am glad that you found the car you want, but don't throw an outstanding vehicle under the Bus.

The RCF is superior to the RS5. The M4 and RCF are in a class of their own.

I like Stags and have driven the Cobras. Great cars, but drastically different...not a bad thing.

The C63 is far from a track car...but we all know that. The ISF is faster than the C63 on a track.

Quick Reply: RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT