RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-14, 07:18 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
why are these two cars are even being compared? even mustang lovers would choose the RCF
Well im personally comparing them for myself and wanted to get feedback if others maybe doing so also.......

As I stated both the RCF and Mustang GT fit my needs which are NA V8, great overall performance, usable backseat for my daughter, decent trunk, great styling.

This would be a weekend car and ideally I would like to keep it for many years because NA V8s will be extinct very soon.
Old 06-22-14, 07:59 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this is an excellent comparison and anyone who doesn't think these two cars are competitors, is being a snob. The coyote motor in the gt is as good if not better than the current gen isf and has an obviously booming aftermarket. I've even heard rumors of an upcoming flat plane crank ala Ferrari! Maybe wishful thinking. The mustang will not have the feel of a jap car that I've come to set as my standard, but the fords interiors are really making strides. For a weekend car I think the mustang can't be beat. As a DD I'd take the lexus. Either way it's a win!
Old 06-22-14, 09:10 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends.. Do you like modifying cars? Do you plan to do any modifications? If I had to leave the car alone I would probably opt for the RCF. But if I wanted to own a car that might actually be classified as "fast" at the price of sacrificing some refinement I would get the mustang. They have a lot of potential.

The RCF I am sure will be a great car, and a fun car, but what you see is what you get.
Old 06-22-14, 09:17 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently drove a few of the 2014 mustang and IMHO, it really depends on the package of the mustang. I was not really impressed with the GT's. I dont know how ford has not been able to get rid of that boat like handling on the lower end models and driving it, it was very hard to see over the front hood which I thought was annoying. Although the GT500 offers the adjustable shocks which really takes care of that boat feeling and give it more of a track/race car feel which I really like. I haven't really read much about the 2015's though. OH and the new mustang trunks BLOW! I recently rented one for my vacation and it does not fit a large suit case well AT ALL!

The RC-F will have a lot more nicer standard features than a Mustang GT like brembo brakes, and all the bells and whistles that lexus usually offers with their top tier cars so I can see how they are not really comparable. The GT500 maybe yes or at least the BOSS 302 but not a GT. Mustangs although have much better aftermarket support than lexus has ever had in the past 8-10 years

If you want V8 with a better price tag go with the Mustang GT, If you want the Jap style and luxury then the RC-F is your best bet. If it was me though, I would be looking at that Chevy SS because it has a little of both if you tell me
Old 06-23-14, 06:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

2015 gets rid of the solid rear axle, should handle better
Old 06-23-14, 06:10 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
why are these two cars are even being compared? even mustang lovers would choose the RCF
Ditto--two drastically different machines. Buy what you like, but why stretch the comparison?

The stag will never be an F car. It's still a muscle car.
Old 07-11-14, 06:09 AM
RSWill
Rookie

I'm a huge Mustang guy, with that said I'm biased. However I do love the look of the Lexus. I would actually compare both of these cars. I usually turn to the aftermarket as soon as I get the car so if I had any doubts about the Mustang being sub par, the aftermarket would fix that. The only thing I am concerned about in regard to the RCF is a supercharger option. I purchased an Audi RS5 because of the awesome styling ( which is in the same league as the RCF all together ) and immediately regretted the fact that the power was just not there coming from supercharged Mustangs. This is a tough choice for me.
Old 07-11-14, 09:14 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the RC-F will most likely NOT come with a supercharger option. I would like lexus to offer a supercharger option or at least have some decent aftermarket power performance options but I don't foresee anything more than what the IS-F was offered in north america. Any supercharger options were all on JDM models
Old 07-11-14, 01:40 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
the RC-F will most likely NOT come with a supercharger option. I would like lexus to offer a supercharger option or at least have some decent aftermarket power performance options but I don't foresee anything more than what the IS-F was offered in north america. Any supercharger options were all on JDM models
And that is pretty much the only thing that would shy me from the car. I made that mistake when I purchased the RS5. Thankfully I was able to locate a tuner that took on the challenge of building a SC kit for my RS5. I'm certainly happy with the results
Old 07-12-14, 10:21 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So many cars....so many comparisons....yet I'm compelled to interject that if I merely wanted a brand new car, and performance numbers, I would consider a wider range of cars like Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.

It's probably going to be difficult to get objective opinions regarding this thread's particular comparison on a forum such as CL (for obvious reasons)...

In my personal opinion, the fact that buyers of ISF/RCF's are willing to pay a pretty significant premium to buy their performance cars manufactured by Lexus should render the title question of this thread moot. I do respect, appreciate and adore the integrity and up-front honesty of the CL community...but the rarity/exclusivity factor goes quite a long way (before reliability, build, styling, etc) to separate F's from....Mustangs...

However, it is also my personal opinion that questions/comparisons like these are always interesting, and it's a blast (and informative) reading peoples' responses.
Old 07-12-14, 10:22 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RSWill
And that is pretty much the only thing that would shy me from the car. I made that mistake when I purchased the RS5. Thankfully I was able to locate a tuner that took on the challenge of building a SC kit for my RS5. I'm certainly happy with the results
That's badass! Where can I get more info about your RS5? I'm intrigued......

Thanks!
Old 07-13-14, 04:38 AM
zema
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Great pictures. To think you can get saddle interior gives great contrast. Those recaros look supportive and have nice detailing. My biggest gripe with the 6AT models is there is no paddle shifters and rather that silly toggle switch on the shifter

Old 07-13-14, 09:55 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I gotta agree that this is comparing apples and oranges, the two cars are nowhere in the same league or segment.... just because they are both v8's and coupes doesn't mean they are in the same league. Both cars are awesome in their own segment though. If I were to choose or compare american muscle cars, I'd most definitely pick the Mustang over the Camaro or the Challenger. Hell, I've even pondered about getting a GT 5.0 but I've got my 300zx and I'm sticking with it.... Then I would compare the RCF with an BMW M4 or Audi RS5 and by what I've seen I'd choose the RCF.

Now since these are the choices the OP narrowed down to, I'd say if you can afford an RCF then I wouldn't think about it twice and just get it. But that's me... if you are looking for a car to modify and play with, think about how much parts are also going to be in comparison and how much aftermarket parts you're even going to find. The Mustang will more than likely have a huge advantage when it comes to modding over the RCF. But then again, I wouldn't do much to an RCF except maybe wheels and an intake/exhaust
Old 07-13-14, 10:19 AM
RSWill
Rookie

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
That's badass! Where can I get more info about your RS5? I'm intrigued......

Thanks!
Danny, thanks for the compliment..I can start a new thread in a "what else do you drive" section if there is one.
Old 07-13-14, 10:24 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by zema

you're my hero for today

Quick Reply: RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT