RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Updates on RCF--When?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 07:24 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Updates on RCF--When?

So, there is endless confusion on WHEN the RCF WILL be available in the states.

I just spoke to Lexus corp, and they are saying the RCF will be on the lots in November.

Can anyone validate hearing the same, or something different?

We REALLY need to get an official release date on this car. Come on Lexus!
Old 05-07-14, 11:19 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I just was told by Lexus Corp on a second call that September 29th is the availability date for the RCF.
Old 05-07-14, 06:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The official specs and details should be out by now. It is just plain stupid to be holding all of that information back (especially, when they are taking pre-orders).
Old 05-07-14, 06:51 PM
basamx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously. I couldn't wait, so I bought the M4. If at least the pricing was out there I could have waited, but I live in Wisconsin, so Nov is not an option.
Old 05-07-14, 06:53 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by basamx
Seriously. I couldn't wait, so I bought the M4. If at least the pricing was out there I could have waited, but I live in Wisconsin, so Nov is not an option.
Congrats. Post some pictures when you get it.
Old 05-07-14, 08:37 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been thinking the same exact thing. Lexus has really dropped the ball on this one. No price, no power numbers, no release date... Wtf?!
Old 05-07-14, 11:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The official specs and details should be out by now. It is just plain stupid to be holding all of that information back (especially, when they are taking pre-orders).
Huh?? Lexus is not taking pre-orders! Some dealers might be making an (pre)order list, but those definitely not official, and are not going to corp or factory. This is standard Lexus for any new launch.
Old 05-08-14, 09:04 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
I've been thinking the same exact thing. Lexus has really dropped the ball on this one. No price, no power numbers, no release date... Wtf?!
What the heck are you talking about?
I posted 2 months ago the car is coming in November and the prices are 44K for the RC350 and 70K for the RC-F.
There is even a price chart for the different RC trim packages posted in one of these threads. If you didn't see it I'll post them up.
The power? 450hp is what I hear. I don't believe it will be more. Every time I ask that's what I hear.
Officially they say it could be more but I don't believe it. Unless our contacts at Lexus Corp are being kept in the dark.

Last edited by Ice350; 05-08-14 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-08-14, 01:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Production turnover begins in August...

My sources say late September to mid October.. This is with out any other delays or holding the cars back for Nov/Dec car selling "BLITZ" season.

If they are smart they should stick to the Late Summer / Early Fall launch..!!

I agree the FULL "OFFICIAL" SPECS & PRICE on the RC F are way overdue..

Media / Press test driving "prototype" data should be coming soon too

~ Joe Z
Old 05-08-14, 02:08 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well most dealerships usually follow the financial fiscal year standard when it comes to selling cars that are "Next" year's models. First quarter of the fiscal year begins October 1st so expect floor models to show up maybe a month earlier (for prebuys) and full sale begin in October.

I do agree that lexus has dropped the ball on specifics of the car. Its a lot of Around 450hp, around 70k. Around this around that, just let us know how much we gotta drop to own this car, not a half assed "Around" answer
Old 05-08-14, 04:12 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
What the heck are you talking about?
I posted 2 months ago the car is coming in November and the prices are 44K for the RC350 and 70K for the RC-F.
There is even a price chart for the different RC trim packages posted in one of these threads. If you didn't see it I'll post them up.
The power? 450hp is what I hear. I don't believe it will be more. Every time I ask that's what I hear.
Officially they say it could be more but I don't believe it. Unless our contacts at Lexus Corp are being kept in the dark.
Until you can give me a link to lexus.com it's all speculation. I've been reading this forum diligently for months now and most of what I read is all speculative. Is it THAT much to ask for hard proof?

Joe-Z your posts have been spot on and have been by far the most informative. Thank you for all your contributions to our community!
Old 05-09-14, 09:31 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Production turnover begins in August...

My sources say late September to mid October.. This is with out any other delays or holding the cars back for Nov/Dec car selling "BLITZ" season.

If they are smart they should stick to the Late Summer / Early Fall launch..!!

I agree the FULL "OFFICIAL" SPECS & PRICE on the RC F are way overdue..

Media / Press test driving "prototype" data should be coming soon too

~ Joe Z
I tried to get my Lexus guys to officially order a carbon for me, and the car is just not showing up yet. I suspect that anyone who laid down cash for a pre-order has nothing officially in the system as of yet.
Old 05-09-14, 11:33 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I agree they are definitely dropping the ball in terms of marketing. There is way too much timing gap between the initial announcement and subsequent details. The speculation could build hype, but in this case it feels like it's causing doubts and losing momentum quickly.
Old 05-10-14, 06:30 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Maybe they are waiting for M3/M4 to finish their launch and press blitz?

This way RCF has the spotlight to itself.....Either way im very excited to drive it soon hopefully.
Old 05-10-14, 07:13 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by primecut
Yea, I agree they are definitely dropping the ball in terms of marketing. There is way too much timing gap between the initial announcement and subsequent details. The speculation could build hype, but in this case it feels like it's causing doubts and losing momentum quickly.
Actually there will be a significant push for the RC and RC F in regards to marketing/advertising. There is a ton of internal support for this car. There are some final decisions being made and the debut was always fall, not summer at all.

Quick Reply: Updates on RCF--When?