RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 10:50 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by hahmad
The only thing the RC-F needs is a manual transmission....
Absolutely NOT!! It NEEDS a DCT!
Old 04-06-14, 11:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea lets make it slower with a manual!
Old 04-06-14, 12:55 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Absolutely NOT!! It NEEDS a DCT!
Yaguchi san had responded to it that the DCT offers absolutely zero advantages over the 8 speed direct shift. It locks up the torque converter in manual mode essentially making it function like a clutch actuated manual and eliminating any slippage. In manual mode, the 8 speed is actually more "snappy" than most DCTs.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-06-14 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 01:05 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DCTs are also pretty heavy, i dunno how they compare to autos though.
Old 04-06-14, 01:15 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this has been posted before, here is what I got from my sales guy when I inquired about RC-F on Saturday:

He said I could put my name down with 0 deposit since I'm their loyal customer, so I did put my name down for a RC-F Carbon
Here is the twist though, he said they are only getting 6 RC-F carbon from Oct to the end of 2014 and they are all reserved, mine is more likely to be an early 2015 build....
Old 04-06-14, 01:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for posting.

It does not mention anything about RWS. Is that standard equipment? Is rear wheel torque vectoring available as a standalone option?

I must say, that is a great price for the RC-F. $70K for a loaded RC-F without the carbon package. That is the one I am planning on picking up unless they announce a new IS-F. Hopefully, I can get the rear torque vectoring differential as a separate option as well. Don't need the carbon goodies.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-06-14 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 01:26 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yaguchi san had responded to it that the DCT offers absolutely zero advantages over the 8 speed direct shift. It locks up the torque converter in manual mode essentially making it function like a clutch actuated manual and eliminating any slippage. In manual mode, the 8 speed is actually more "snappy" than most DCTs.
He can spin it anyway he wants, the fact is there WILL be an interruption of power when changing gears in a single clutch or auto transmission. Period!

I guess by "snappy" you mean jerky. That's the problem with cars like R8 R-tronic, Aventador ISR, etc. This is a Lexus after all

Last edited by TimboIS; 04-06-14 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 02:13 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Thanks for posting.

It does not mention anything about RWS. Is that standard equipment? Is rear wheel torque vectoring available as a standalone option?

I must say, that is a great price for the RC-F. $70K for a loaded RC-F without the carbon package. That is the one I am planning on picking up unless they announce a new IS-F. Hopefully, I can get the rear torque vectoring differential as a separate option as well. Don't need the carbon goodies.
no problem
I did ask about RWS and he said it is available on the F sport plus package but not for RC-F. I didn't ask about the torque vectoring though...
Old 04-06-14, 02:21 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Premium LED Headlights are crossed out which probably means that L shaped cluster is standard after all and not the bi-projector.
Old 04-06-14, 02:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kyo7878
no problem
I did ask about RWS and he said it is available on the F sport plus package but not for RC-F. I didn't ask about the torque vectoring though...
I hope I can get the torque vectoring differential as a standalone option.

Is the standard RC-F open diff or it comes with an LSD? If it comes standard with an LSD then TVD might be a nice to have.

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 04-06-14, 02:46 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

If it's true, I rather pay more for real leather........Lexus has to stop reserving real leather for the luxury trims.
Old 04-06-14, 03:13 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by eoph
If it's true, I rather pay more for real leather........Lexus has to stop reserving real leather for the luxury trims.
Agreed. Vinyl seats in a Lexus is absurd.
Old 04-06-14, 03:32 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

So its saying that ML comes on performance package as well as the carbon package on RCF?

Originally Posted by eoph
nuluxe feels like real leather without the maintenance/conditioning, the wrinkling, being easily scratched whats there to not like? People that rode in my car didnt know until I told them.
Old 04-06-14, 03:45 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
So its saying that ML comes on performance package as well as the carbon package on RCF?

nuluxe feels like real leather without the maintenance/conditioning, the wrinkling, being easily scratched whats there to not like? People that rode in my car didnt know until I told them.
I've had my 3IS F Sport since July of last year and thus far every single person who has had ridden in my car cannot believe that the Nuluxe was NOT leather !?!?

It'd be nice to have real leather but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Old 04-06-14, 03:58 PM
bl3ujay07
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for posting.

Agree with not needing the carbon package. I would like to have a sunroof and that is not possible with the carbon package.

On another note, does it mean that the carbon package will not have heated/vented memory seats?

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)