RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 01:30 PM
Tang98
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys imma get this deal. I'm determined. This dealer just left me a 2 minute voicemail saying he's willing to negotiate aggressively. I'll let you all know how it goes when I call him back this afternon!
Old 04-11-16, 01:44 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealer's "may" be greedy depending on where you live however most are not stupid, as another poster said they were not born yesterday.

It's funny how people use the term "cash" loosely, I always fire back, if you weren't going to pay cash, how are you going to pay me? Peanuts? My point is dealers want to know the whole picture of a deal so if you plan to negotiate the price on the phone, plan to take a few calls, roughly a week to negotiate a true deal since they will want to know about you and how serious you are.

I've bought about half a dozen cars sight un-seen (both used and new from dealers and private party). The way to get things rolling is when you start talking real numbers and a immediate deposit.

Other factors if you are buying new from a dealer will include:

a) Credit Score and if you are willing to let them run a report
b) Down payment
c) Finance options or lease
d) Trade
e) Your location

I also do my fair share of putting together deals and in most negotiations no one wants to start a real deal until they know you are a real player and have the ability to back up what you say.
Old 04-11-16, 09:14 PM
Tang98
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
What dealership offered $60k + TTL? Thats about $66k OTD, not too bad but can do better.

-Josh
It was Mission Viejo. They onky have one in white. I don't like the color though.
Old 04-11-16, 09:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Tang98
It was Mission Viejo. They onky have one in white. I don't like the color though.
So how did your "call" go
Old 04-12-16, 08:20 AM
Tang98
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
So how did your "call" go
I was contacting Santa Monica. I emailed them everything. Wrote like 3 paragraphs telling them everything. In the end I said to call me only if he could match my offer of 61k OTD. He never called lol.
Old 04-12-16, 08:36 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I was contacting Santa Monica. I emailed them everything. Wrote like 3 paragraphs telling them everything. In the end I said to call me only if he could match my offer of 61k OTD. He never called lol.
Haha, they're down the road from me, maybe I should stop by and see how much they laugh at me.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-12-16, 09:22 AM
waxy
Pole Position

For a 2 year old car, they seem to be very firm on the prices.
At this rate, you might as well get a MY 16 down the road.

It's only a matter of time before they become desperate.
All that depreciation sitting on the lot, how much more will they eat up before they rake up.

Had a friend check some prices on the MY16, MSRP 74k, they offered 71k, MF .002.
I'm sure with a bit of haggling, you can drive off with 68-69k.
Longo Lexus, SoCal.
Old 04-12-16, 10:13 PM
Tang98
Rookie

Haha, they're down the road from me, maybe I should stop by and see how much they laugh at me.

-Josh
They just emailed me again. Oh boy. These people man. I actually recommend you go in there to talk with them. They might actually believe you since you won't be the first person offering them that price. You drive the grey IS F right? If they still talk bull with you till the end, bring them outside and show them some real carbon fiber. They were so desperate to sell the car they wrapped the roof and spoiler in obvious fake carbon. I'm damn sure it wasn't there when I first emailed them. They then took pics of it and sent it to me talking it up thinking it raises the value of the car....Good luck dude. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Tang98; 04-12-16 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-13-16, 08:59 PM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 2015 Lexus RCF fully loaded sticker price was 79.2k bought it for 64.5k before tees and fees. If that helps anyone. 15s have 5500 dealer cash right now
Old 04-13-16, 11:27 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

They just emailed me again. Oh boy. These people man. I actually recommend you go in there to talk with them. They might actually believe you since you won't be the first person offering them that price. You drive the grey IS F right? If they still talk bull with you till the end, bring them outside and show them some real carbon fiber. They were so desperate to sell the car they wrapped the roof and spoiler in obvious fake carbon. I'm damn sure it wasn't there when I first emailed them. They then took pics of it and sent it to me talking it up thinking it raises the value of the car....Good luck dude. Let me know how it goes.
Might not even be worth my time, might be best to go through a broker!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-14-16, 09:56 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread guys. My 3IS lease is up soon and I think I'll have to give the RCF a look as a potential replacement vehicle. Looks like 12-20% off on 2015's is possible. Does Lexus still offer leases on the 2015's? Probably makes more sense to purchase at those prices but I'm still intrigued by the idea.
Old 04-15-16, 07:01 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Might not even be worth my time, might be best to go through a broker!

-Josh
Josh

A clublexus member closed a local deal this weekend. 2015, delivery miles on it, paid 57K + TTL.

It isn't as good as the 56K people are paying for 2015...but its not a bad deal....for almost a 2 year old car (with 2017 models later this year)...

Just a point of reference....

I won't be dumping mine, till I get into a GS-F but I am sure will be taking a bath on resale, since Lexus NA is giving these cars away
Old 04-16-16, 08:45 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Josh

A clublexus member closed a local deal this weekend. 2015, delivery miles on it, paid 57K + TTL.

It isn't as good as the 56K people are paying for 2015...but its not a bad deal....for almost a 2 year old car (with 2017 models later this year)...

Just a point of reference....

I won't be dumping mine, till I get into a GS-F but I am sure will be taking a bath on resale, since Lexus NA is giving these cars away
Deal was in CA or MA.
Old 04-21-16, 05:23 AM
Styx250sx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: A little over a month ago I posted some questions and sent private messages to a few of you about the deals you were getting on new and trade in.

I have an ultra white MSRP 73.5k that I paid close to MSRP on. I really wanted a black RC F instead of white as every vehicle I have ever owned has been black. My wife liked the white so I gave it a try.

Well, after months of looking I found an awesome deal. I am picking it up today. Somebody ordered a black 2015 RC F with every possible option selected. The buyer ended up backing out. The dealership is giving me $54k for mine and I am buying theirs for $61.5k out the door.

I had to drive 14 hours, so it may take a few days to get pictures up. Hopefully, I don't go to pick it up and it's all jacked up!

I am really going to miss my sun roof but I think some of the other options will make up for it. This is my third Lexus in less than a year. I might have to keep this one for a while so my wife doesn't kill me!
Old 04-21-16, 07:28 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Styx250sx
UPDATE: A little over a month ago I posted some questions and sent private messages to a few of you about the deals you were getting on new and trade in.

I have an ultra white MSRP 73.5k that I paid close to MSRP on. I really wanted a black RC F instead of white as every vehicle I have ever owned has been black. My wife liked the white so I gave it a try.

Well, after months of looking I found an awesome deal. I am picking it up today. Somebody ordered a black 2015 RC F with every possible option selected. The buyer ended up backing out. The dealership is giving me $54k for mine and I am buying theirs for $61.5k out the door.

I had to drive 14 hours, so it may take a few days to get pictures up. Hopefully, I don't go to pick it up and it's all jacked up!

I am really going to miss my sun roof but I think some of the other options will make up for it. This is my third Lexus in less than a year. I might have to keep this one for a while so my wife doesn't kill me!
CF roof and spoiler make the car. In this class, it's a must and puts it in good company like the mag roofed RS, similarly roofed M4/3/6, etc. Leave the sunroofs for the hairdressers in their Fiat 500s esp ones that angle up which makes the car look oddly top heavy. Murdered out is my favorite color combo. Nice move. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)