RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 03:54 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 700 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by aschueler
Just traded in my 2011 S4 for a 2015 white on red RCF. Sticker was $73k and I got it for $58k. It was their last 2015 and was the last day of the month so it helped them hit their new car sales number, kind of a perfect storm for me!
$58k?!?!?!??!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-05-16, 06:17 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Just traded in my 2011 S4 for a 2015 white on red RCF. Sticker was $73k and I got it for $58k. It was their last 2015 and was the last day of the month so it helped them hit their new car sales number, kind of a perfect storm for me!
Congrats on the new RC-F. Awesome deal! You cant beat that combo
Old 04-05-16, 06:27 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats! Before or after TTL?
Old 04-06-16, 07:05 AM
Curtis2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrPLP
2015 or 2016? Here's a special from Balise Lexus on a 2015 @ $15,000 off: http://www.baliselexus.com/Balise-Lexus-Special-5

Well, damn. I thought I was getting an awesome deal... Just purchased 2015, 24 miles, $60,500 +ttl. No trade in. 73,684 msrp... Purchased mine through Sewell in Texas. I think they are known as one of the highest volume dealers in the country. They are known to always come out with low ball offers right out the gate. Different buying experience, that's for sure. I guess it is all about service & getting you to service with them.

I've always wondered, they provided me with the "invoice" from Lexus. Was going to finance through my bank and they required it so they fwd it to me. It looks like one, from the MFG, sold to my dealer, etc. It says $69,186 as their cost. Do they really take a $9K loss??? I can't believe that. Couldn't they easily sell it by taking half off then. I'm sure someone would buy it to save a few grand over 9K below cost.
Old 04-06-16, 09:38 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis2000
Well, damn. I thought I was getting an awesome deal... Just purchased 2015, 24 miles, $60,500 +ttl. No trade in. 73,684 msrp... Purchased mine through Sewell in Texas. I think they are known as one of the highest volume dealers in the country. They are known to always come out with low ball offers right out the gate. Different buying experience, that's for sure. I guess it is all about service & getting you to service with them.

I've always wondered, they provided me with the "invoice" from Lexus. Was going to finance through my bank and they required it so they fwd it to me. It looks like one, from the MFG, sold to my dealer, etc. It says $69,186 as their cost. Do they really take a $9K loss??? I can't believe that. Couldn't they easily sell it by taking half off then. I'm sure someone would buy it to save a few grand over 9K below cost.
They do a good job of fooling everyone with that loosely used word, "Invoice."
My friend works at Lexus, he made $2k+ from selling the RCF "below Invoice" price.
He refuses to tell me the exact numbers, which is none of my business but he told me a ballpark.

They get incentives to have you finance through their services.
So if the sales person makes 4 figures, then the dealership gets more to cover overhead.

Back to invoice, no it's not the price they pay. It's far below that.
It just basically sets the playing field, then you can start working your numbers from there.
Old 04-06-16, 09:46 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Invoice means nothing these days. That is why salespeople show you "invoice" as soon as you walk in the door, making you think you are getting a great deal.

Understanding hold back and trunk money is key, than you know what dealer has IN the car

No dealer is "losing money" selling cars...
Old 04-06-16, 09:54 AM
Curtis2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Sounds like I received a pretty good deal. They said lowest they go on similar 16 is $68K, so sounds like the 15 was a good way to go.

I bet no one knows what the dealerships really pay for the cars except for the owners themselves. Why in the world would you let any of your employees know your exact true cost? Maybe the people in charge of the books, obviously.
Old 04-06-16, 10:04 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

My next door neighbor owns two Los angeles Lexus dealers.

Example: He pays $65K for a RCF from Lexus. MSRP 73K.

Lexus then puts trunk money in the car for 5K later. So the car now cost him 60K instead of the 65K. The incentives Lexus gives to move cars, can change on many variables and depending on time.

You can look at BMW M3 lease rates, and how residuals are constantly changing as well.

Thus the SAME unit (M3 or RCF or whatever widget), that was bought by dealer for 65K at one time, might not have "cost him" that much at time of sale, due to corporate/manufacturer incentives.

All you can do as a consumer, enjoy the car, research, try to get the best deal that you are happy with.

People who are paying 57-58K new for the RCF (many many posts here for that price), got a great deal. However, whether the dealer had 50K into the car, or 57K into the car, doesn't matter, as long as YOU FEEL you got a great deal.

Also at this level, lots of people are trading in. So they may "get 58K RCF" but got raped on a trade that they don't about.

Car deals (I buy 2-5 cars a year) are like sex.Everyone has different experience even if the same parties are involved....
Old 04-06-16, 11:06 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis2000

Not sure what options you had but base invoice on the car is $59,358. And that's not including any manufacturer incentives the dealer is getting. I highly doubt they took any loss or they wouldn't be in business.
Old 04-06-16, 01:31 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Not sure what options you had but base invoice on the car is $59,358. And that's not including any manufacturer incentives the dealer is getting. I highly doubt they took any loss or they wouldn't be in business.
after the last initials for my paperwork on the rcf i asked the salesman how much did they make on the sale, he said they lost money on this sale just to move units. as a large volume dealer, they make up by making money on other models and hitting their monthly volume
Old 04-06-16, 01:45 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Salesmen, like women, are born liars
Old 04-06-16, 03:27 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Salesmen, like women, are born liars
True but how much can they make on a 73k car with 59.5k selling price
Old 04-06-16, 03:33 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ssmoked
True but how much can they make on a 73k car with 59.5k selling price
Quite a lot actually

Once you take into account they didn't pay 73 for the car and the significant amount of incentive ($$$$$) Lexus IS throwing their way to move product

I bought a brand new Miata mazdasspeed for $18250 from dealer. Sticker price was $27300. Local la dealers were blowing them out

Mazda gave dealers huge incentives

Also remember dealers don't give ALL incentive to customers. So if they sell 7 rcf at 58k and 7 at 68k, they are making out like bandits

My sister just paid in December for a 2015 xjr convertible 88k cash from galpin jaguar. Sticker was 117k . Dealer STILL made 8 k on that deal ...
Old 04-06-16, 05:12 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Quite a lot actually

Once you take into account they didn't pay 73 for the car and the significant amount of incentive ($$$$$) Lexus IS throwing their way to move product

I bought a brand new Miata mazdasspeed for $18250 from dealer. Sticker price was $27300. Local la dealers were blowing them out

Mazda gave dealers huge incentives

Also remember dealers don't give ALL incentive to customers. So if they sell 7 rcf at 58k and 7 at 68k, they are making out like bandits

My sister just paid in December for a 2015 xjr convertible 88k cash from galpin jaguar. Sticker was 117k . Dealer STILL made 8 k on that deal ...
Where do you get insider info on how much they will do the deals for? Empty low ball offer and hope they will bite?

High 50s and low 60s are the deals members are getting currently. I'm sure there are low ball offers to the dealer but the stealership doesn't budge. I mean the longer a 2015 sits, the more values it loses. So it's in the dealers best interest to move it at a loss rather gamble with all the leftovers across the states and loss more value and pay interest at the same time
Old 04-06-16, 05:15 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

As I said in post "593" above :

"All you can do as a consumer, enjoy the car, research, try to get the best deal that you are happy with.

People who are paying 57-58K new for the RCF (many many posts here for that price), got a great deal. However, whether the dealer had 50K into the car, or 57K into the car, doesn't matter, as long as YOU FEEL you got a great deal."

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)