RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 05:34 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Lmao Rcf doesn't come in blue seats, only blue stitching on the trim. That's the camera flash and only 1 type/color of racing seat
The perforated holes on the black seats have blue in them.
Old 06-09-16, 08:24 PM
dbturbo2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swacer
The engine may not let you hit redline, but damage can be done on a cold motor by hitting 5k rpm several times. The car can't stop someone from hitting pot holes during the test drive and saying "oops..not my problem" and now your shock has a small leak that will get worse and cause premature failure.

Don't always assume a warranty will save you. If the rings aren't seated properly, it may not be seen during the first 5 yrs (or minimal oil blowby), but say after that, the ring finally deforms enough to drop cylinder pressure...game over.

I have debated if I would be able to lowball them and then tell them I want an extended warranty included for free. Since you can't really tear into these cars, an extended warranty has value.
How long are you planning on keeping the car?
Old 06-10-16, 06:01 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dbturbo2
How long are you planning on keeping the car?
Depends on the # of headaches. Probably 6-10 yrs
Old 06-15-16, 04:16 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I emailed to the dealer with my final offer of 62.5k or 63k with an included extended warranty.

If they don't take it, that's fine, I'll leave them with my number and tell them to let me know if they change their mind. Blue is my second choice to Orange anyways. Plus, takes too long, I'll just cam the Camaro.

Last edited by Swacer; 06-15-16 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-15-16, 10:30 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I emailed to the dealer with my final offer of 62.5k or 63k with an included extended warranty.

If they don't take it, that's fine, I'll leave them with my number and tell them to let me know if they change their mind. Blue is my second choice to Orange anyways. Plus, takes too long, I'll just cam the Camaro.
Any volume dealer would take that offer. Smaller dealers rather weather it out for another to pay higher. Make sure they don't tack on some rediculous dealer fees
Old 06-18-16, 05:56 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Haven't gotten a single response back from the manager on my price offer. Real classy. Oh well
Old 06-21-16, 12:25 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious on how much if any the discounts are on these cars. Better to wait until July? RC-F is one of my choices but wondering what kind of lease deals they got going. Also, I'm sure the $3,000 off for loyalty is there but wonder if there'll be more discounted?
Old 07-10-16, 11:45 AM
dpm7471
Driver School Candidate

Just my 2 cents on the used market. I used to be a car broker a few years ago and still get access to auction reports from Manheim. The RCF after doing some research has not been holding its value well the first 2 years of production. The average wholesale on a 2015 ranges from $52k to $54k. This amount reflects an average loss of nearly $20k from MSRP (ouch). This is why there are such steep discounts on the new ones, or at least there should be.

I have noticed there are many dealers, at least near my neck of the woods, that are selling the used 2015's with good mileage for $54-56k. I think some of them bought the car a few months ago and have noticed significant depreciation since and are pricing them to move.

I think the 2015's have taken their biggest hit in depreciation and will start to level off now.
Old 07-10-16, 12:27 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dpm7471
Just my 2 cents on the used market. I used to be a car broker a few years ago and still get access to auction reports from Manheim. The RCF after doing some research has not been holding its value well the first 2 years of production. The average wholesale on a 2015 ranges from $52k to $54k. This amount reflects an average loss of nearly $20k from MSRP (ouch). This is why there are such steep discounts on the new ones, or at least there should be.

I have noticed there are many dealers, at least near my neck of the woods, that are selling the used 2015's with good mileage for $54-56k. I think some of them bought the car a few months ago and have noticed significant depreciation since and are pricing them to move.

I think the 2015's have taken their biggest hit in depreciation and will start to level off now.
Although RCF took a huge hit the first year for depreciation and didn't sell well, mostly because it's slightly inferior compared with m4 and C coupe AMG performance wise, I think it will level off and be average with industry within year 3-4. Losing 20k on a 73k sticker in 2 years equates around 27%. Compared with most German brand normal or high performance car 36 month leases, which is around 55-58% residual. Plus, Toyota drastically reduced the amount of new RCF on dealer lot for sale compared to 2015

Now, left over 2016 GSF will be very interesting by year end. Won't be surprised with a rediculous blood bath for current owners.
Old 07-11-16, 04:49 AM
dpm7471
Driver School Candidate

I have done plenty of research on the competitors for this car. The M4 and C63 do seem to be a bit faster, but they have their downsides.

I feel that for ride quality, and everyday driving, the RCF sits above its German counterparts. Also, there is one thing that the RCF is far superior on over the BMW and MB...build quality. BMW and Mercedes has fallen hard in their reliability ratings and their build quality does not match the sticker price. I would put almost any money down to bet someone that 3-5 years from now, the RCF will have been in the shop MUCH less than the german cars I just mentioned especially when you put some miles on them.

BMW and Mercedes products just don't age well. They feel great and perform great when brand new, but have issues long term. I have experienced this first hand.

I feel the RCF is great for a daily driver with PLENTY of power for the speed freak in us all. Yes, the M4 might get to 60mph from O about 0.3-0.4 sec faster, but really?
Old 07-11-16, 08:24 AM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anybody taken advantage of the current offers in the Golden Opportunity sales event? I'm considering replacing my IS 350 with an RC-F and the current offer in my area is for $769 per month, 36 months, 10k miles, with $4500 due at signing.

Would it be possible to do better than this? My local dealer has none in stock. According to cars.com there are four available within 100 miles, all base, all priced between 75-79K, which seems pretty high.
Old 07-11-16, 12:20 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carderoni
Has anybody taken advantage of the current offers in the Golden Opportunity sales event? I'm considering replacing my IS 350 with an RC-F and the current offer in my area is for $769 per month, 36 months, 10k miles, with $4500 due at signing.

Would it be possible to do better than this? My local dealer has none in stock. According to cars.com there are four available within 100 miles, all base, all priced between 75-79K, which seems pretty high.
75-79k Rcf are not base by any means. 2015 or 16?
Old 07-19-16, 09:03 AM
kdphan
Driver

So i've entertained the idea of getting an RCF to replace the GS350 once the lease is up end of the year.

Since prices for '15 models with under 15k miles are going for mid/high 50's, i think it's a great deal.

I don't see this car depreciating like it has the first year going forward.

This is all after watching the RCF with borla exhaust video...
Old 07-19-16, 11:15 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by kdphan
So i've entertained the idea of getting an RCF to replace the GS350 once the lease is up end of the year.

Since prices for '15 models with under 15k miles are going for mid/high 50's, i think it's a great deal.

I don't see this car depreciating like it has the first year going forward.

This is all after watching the RCF with borla exhaust video...
Sorry, thats probably my fault for that. Told my customer to post a lot of videos.. >

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-19-16, 11:47 AM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Sorry, thats probably my fault for that. Told my customer to post a lot of videos.. >

-Josh
If I do end up getting an RCF, the first thing i'll do is drop it off at your shop for the Borla

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)