RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 08:34 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
With that pricing it will not do well against M3/4.
I personally thought it would base at $65 and fully loaded at $75k.
I think with any vehicle, it's about achieving sales targets, not outright sales numbers. It'll be a rarer car for sure.
Old 01-10-14, 10:03 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by natnut
MT just cut and pasted an Australian article about the RC-F. In Australia, a current generation IS-F costs 100,000 USD. The point of the Australian article was that the RCF would be in the same ballpark price-wise as the outgoing IS-F.

So if this holds true in the US, the new RC-F should be around/slightly more expensive than the current gen IS-F

ie the RC-F will be cheaper than the M4.
The ISF costs $135,000 here..

In not expecting the RC to be much more.
Old 01-10-14, 10:10 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

The M4 is just a overboosted 335i LMAO

BMW getting lazy and too greedy.

But I'm not surprised. BMW has been going down for quite a while now.
Old 01-11-14, 03:33 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Well you're not going to like this then..

Just had a brief conversation with a LPC member and expect the RC-F base to ring at the mid $70Ks and production (aka region built) to be low $80Ks. The optional CF package brings it close to $85K

If that's true, then we can expect a loaded GS-F to cost around 95k - 100k...
Old 01-11-14, 04:49 AM
LexFather

With that pricing it will not do well against M3/4.
I personally thought it would base at $65 and fully loaded at $75k.
The internet says that every time Lexus bumps up pricing and the cars sell..... It will do fine.
Old 01-11-14, 07:24 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...uto-salon.html
Old 01-11-14, 01:21 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
The M4 is just a overboosted 335i LMAO

BMW getting lazy and too greedy.

But I'm not surprised. BMW has been going down for quite a while now.
Can u pls stop with the uneducated comments like this.

You sound just as bad as the Bmw fanbois dismissing the RCF bec its pumped up FRS.
Old 01-11-14, 01:28 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
The internet says that every time Lexus bumps up pricing and the cars sell..... It will do fine.
Im sure it will sell but not if its overpriced.

Lexus still has no Brand name when it comes to performance. Thats the only reason the LFAs were not sold out.

My point is i dont imagine it being more than M3/4.
Usually a comparable Lexus is $5 k less.
I will wait until official pricing - i really want this car so praying its around $70-75k.
Old 01-11-14, 02:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Lexus still has no Brand name when it comes to performance. Thats the only reason the LFAs were not sold out.

I will wait until official pricing - i really want this car so praying its around $70-75k.
as usual, RC-F base will be more than M4 base, because it has more equipment. BMW's start low but then it adds up... M5 can be had for $140k loaded.

As to the LFA, you couldnt buy LFA if you wanted, so sure, it was sold out... it is just that dealer owners got some and thats those that you see selling right now.

But we have people here who wanted to buy one when it came out and they were told by corporate that they cant, they were all allocated.

Also, IS-F sold quite well and now this should sell even better considering it is only V8 on the market, which is pretty silly. Lexus should be given props for V8, they could have use V6 and added twin turbo's as well. It is far easier choice, and cheaper.
Old 01-11-14, 04:56 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Key word.

Value used to play a key role in Lexus sales because it was a new brand positioned against established makes like BMW and MBZ so they needed a catalyst. Fast forward and while there is still a little value in terms of pricing vs the competiton, they need to shed it. You want parity with the competiton you have to stand toe to toe. We're not selling plush Toyota's anymore, we're selling luxury vehicles. That means more luxury, more refinement, better engineering, more quality, more vehicles, more options, more individual customization etc.. no more "getting by" with the bare minimum 1-2 powertrains, packaging by region, cost cutting. If you want society to recognize the value of your brand, the product must go upscale in order for the image to go upscale.

On the plus side, Lexus not only now makes some of the best quality cars in terms of reliability and standard equiptment, but now they are (some models) the Ultimate Driving Machines. So really a small price hike in material quality and some above points would make them marginally more expensive but superior to the competition in most categories
Old 01-11-14, 04:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Also, IS-F sold quite well and now this should sell even better considering it is only V8 on the market, which is pretty silly. Lexus should be given props for V8, they could have use V6 and added twin turbo's as well. It is far easier choice, and cheaper.
You're fogetting C63 AMG and RS5 are still V8. The M3/4 and the ATS-V will be FI 6's.
Old 01-11-14, 08:34 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

RC-F gauge cluster design and layout much more appropriate for such a car, the BMW M4 gauge cluster looks like something out of a 750iL.

The 2URGSE LIVES!
Old 01-11-14, 10:49 PM
Orion
Rookie

Much of the discussion here substantiating the superiority of the RC-F has a lot to do with the aesthetics. “RCF looks hotter” “LFA Gauges” “Clearly the RCF looks more expensive” “bad cup holders on the M4.” Fair enough, we’re on CL aren’t we.

Prior to my IS350 (that I love) I was very much into the Supra community having gone through multiple MKIV TT/Single T cars. While I attempted to step away from the tuner addiction, many of my gearhead friends moved on to E92 335’s. Let’s just say that the lack of tunability on the NA V6 vs. the TT I6 was very frustrating.

7 years later and here I am facing the same debate although at quite a substantial step above my past decision. While I currently prefer the simple Teutonic look of the M4 over the more aggressive styling of the RC, that’s simply my subjective opinion.

Before I take a side, I’m still waiting to see how the following compare:

Responsiveness of the V8 vs. Tunability of the closed deck twin turbo
8-Speed Automatic vs. 7-Speed DCT
Curb weight - ? RCF vs. 3300 pounds on the M4
(for reference ISF - 3,778 and E90 M3 - 3,678)
Handling/Balance/Steering/Stability at Speed
Fun to Drive factor - I have more fun being a hooligan in my NA Miata than my Supras.

Between the two I care less about attention, fuel economy, dash stroking, and engine sound.
Either way, the competition from both sides is making this next generation of cars a great time for all enthusiasts and to BMW and Lexus I say thanks
Old 01-12-14, 12:57 PM
LexFather

Every LFA was sold what are you talking about.

Value is "subjective", the IS f has a base price higher than the Germans and still sold well for a car from a company with no brand name with performance.
Old 01-12-14, 02:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The RC-F pictures should have been with the spoiler deployed. It looks a lot more sportier with the spoiler deployed.

The M4 looks outdated and the front lights are terrible. The rear bumper is also awful. Frankly, the E92/E90 M3 looks a lot more sportier than this new M4.

I have a bit reservations about the "hammer head" hood line of RC-F. However, inspite of this, RC-F wins big time.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics