- same old interior

RCF
- dat predator face though
- holy blindspot
- rear looks like frs
- overstyle much?
- too much lines yo
- plaaaastic dash

both took a very different approach. there is no right or wrong here. I laugh at 'wow it's so much better m4!!' 'rcf looks ugly!!' kinda comments. homers will be homers.

bottom line, both are refreshing addition IMO. we all have a different taste. M4 is looks like a german. RCF looks like japanese. just pick your poison and be happy with it.

i'll reserve my judgment until i have some sit down time, but most likely i'll probably lean towards M4. maybe i'm getting old. i think the front of RCF isn't as subtle as i wanted to be. has little too much angle going on. it's bit worrysome. but maybe it won't bother me at all in person.

Last edited by hlee12; 01-09-14 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-09-14, 10:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
BMW had it a lot easier, essentially a standard 4-Series coupe body , they changed the bumpers, fenders, rear but the magic lies with the chassis and powertrain. Of course Lexus didn't make the RC an IS/GS coupe, rather it's own entitiy from the ground up
yep... as I said, similar to A5, and A5 was revolution from Audi and market has rewarded it with great sales... same will happen with RC as well.
Old 01-09-14, 11:28 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fan competition was inevitable and will only heat up with both pro-BMW and pro-Lexus sides throwing spitballs at one another. I like this comparison because it shows 2 very clear, distinct approaches and design philosophies at work in producing the same type of machine.

The Bimmer is the embodiment of the Teutonic approach to sport coupes... especially inside - severe, no-nonsense, functional with just the right dose of style, driver focused.

The Lexus is the Japanese approach. What gets me about many comments around the web, particularly from those who don't like Japanese brands, is that it's somehow inherently bad and inferior to be Japanese in design. A fallacy to which I would respond, "so who declared the European way the only and right way?". But the Lexus is also driver focused, serious without being severe, masculine without being cold... the Japanese themes still shine through.

Now let these two beasts meet on the track where it really counts.
Old 01-09-14, 11:46 AM
LexFather

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/01/09/le...-tech-tidbits/

There is barely a write-up here on CL, bare minimum on the homepage. The BMW blog has gone in depth about the engine and its quite a good read and seems Lexus has some clever engineering with the RC F. This is no carryover engine.

Both seem amazing, the BMW has traditional M cues and BMW style and the RC breaks new ground since the Spindle is still fairly new and it has cues from the IS F/LFA.

I can't believe how vested they are there, its pretty amazing to see how quickly they had these pics and write-ups done.
Old 01-09-14, 11:46 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Between the M4, RC-F, C63 AMG, RS5 and the upcoming ATS-V Coupe things just got real!
Old 01-09-14, 11:51 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather

There is barely a write-up here on CL, bare minimum on the homepage. The BMW blog has gone in depth about the engine and its quite a good read and seems Lexus has some clever engineering with the RC F. This is no carryover engine.

Both seem amazing, the BMW has traditional M cues and BMW style and the RC breaks new ground since the Spindle is still fairly new and it has cues from the IS F/LFA.

I can't believe how vested they are there, its pretty amazing to see how quickly they had these pics and write-ups done.
Agreed - the coverage on CL is very poor.

Where is the designated Forum for RC / RC-F???

Bimmerpost is a great Forum in terms of organization and providing info to its members.
Old 01-09-14, 01:13 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they have to throw in their 2-cents tho

All in all there is some clever engineering going on in the RC F, now if they could only augment that with some clever styling.
Old 01-09-14, 01:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by baddis es
they have to throw in their 2-cents tho
lol I saw that…all good..the RC F is polarizing, not for the tame or traditional…..
Old 01-09-14, 02:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

very exciting time at Lexus. Finally a new coupe, and enough with the F sport treatment on the existing models. Time to step it up. So excited !!
Old 01-09-14, 02:54 PM
elevenfive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting, Lexus really swung for the fences with the RC-F.
I hope this new tech can get the MPG's to a reasonable number, here's hope that N/A engines aren't dead after all.

I can't wait to see some performance reviews, it's an exciting time for car enthusiasts
Old 01-09-14, 10:44 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

the amount of butthurt on the F80 forum is amusing.

Clearly the RCF looks like a $100,000 car while the M4 looks like $50,000 car gussied up
Old 01-10-14, 12:57 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
the amount of butthurt on the F80 forum is amusing.

Clearly the RCF looks like a $100,000 car while the M4 looks like $50,000 car gussied up
Can you link? I need a good laugh
Old 01-10-14, 01:26 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh I meant the link in LexFather's OP.

Reading the follow-up responses on that F80 thread made me simultaneously sad (at how blindly biased some people can be : "it's a Lexus so it can't be better than a BMW" ) and amused (at the amount of denial going on about how competitive the RC-F will be to the M4).

Granted there were a few objective posts but it was essentially BMWphiles circling the wagons. But then Lexus fans can be just as guilty as well, myself included.
Old 01-10-14, 03:42 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW just to mention that there are THREE wheel designs available for the RCF including a hand polished one which is done by "master craftsmen".
Old 01-10-14, 06:49 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

This car looks amazing and I love that Lexus is stepping up its game and making a sporty less boring car. I Love the RC-F even though I hate coupes, hopefully they update the IS-F.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics