Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-14, 03:47 PM   #16
Sweatshop
Lead Lap
iTrader: (11)
 
Sweatshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: md
Posts: 560
Default

RC's missing that hand brake. Sorry but nothing legitimzes a true sports car like a hand brake....even in an automatic....but that's just me.
Sweatshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 03:56 PM   #17
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
I popped over to take a look. Not as bad as you'd think, though lots of comments about the front "trying too hard" and the usual spindle grill comments, but lots of compliments as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvp29 View Post
"blaargh predator grill blralalrlrragh!!!!11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26 View Post
They are hating on the "ugly" grille and "boring" interior.
So basically the same old "aesthetics" argument (which is obviously subjective so they are allowed their opinion) but because of that they refuse to look at the cars merits
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:33 PM   #18
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
BNR34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb View Post
RC's missing that hand brake. Sorry but nothing legitimzes a true sports car like a hand brake....even in an automatic....but that's just me.
The only real purpose of the hand brake lever when the car is in motion is for drifting..................

Your statement is true for a drifter.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:44 PM   #19
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
Lexus won this time on all categories.

It looks hotter and more aggressive. V8 smoke Inline-6. More reliable and last longer. Cheaper.

This might actually be the very 1st time that a Japanese car smoke an European car in all categories.

The NSX came close last time, but it's V6 never sounds anywhere as hot as a Ferrari V8, it can't beat the sexy Italian styling either.

The GTR smoke the 911 Turbo in speed, but again doesn't look as hot.

I just remembered the 1998 GS400 smoked the E430 and 540i in all categories also, so this would be Lexus 2nd time in smoking the world
You forgot how the LS400 smoked all of its competitors in all categories..
yowps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:47 PM   #20
TangoRed
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
Lexus won this time on all categories.

It looks hotter and more aggressive. V8 smoke Inline-6. More reliable and last longer. Cheaper.

This might actually be the very 1st time that a Japanese car smoke an European car in all categories.

The NSX came close last time, but it's V6 never sounds anywhere as hot as a Ferrari V8, it can't beat the sexy Italian styling either.

The GTR smoke the 911 Turbo in speed, but again doesn't look as hot.

I just remembered the 1998 GS400 smoked the E430 and 540i in all categories also, so this would be Lexus 2nd time in smoking the world
Lol. Let's wait until these cars hit the road first before we start declaring winners.
TangoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:48 PM   #21
GS3Tek
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: so cal
Posts: 11,340
Default

RC F, and I'm not being biased either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
The only real purpose of the hand brake lever when the car is in motion is for drifting..................

Your statement is true for a drifter.
Or when you need to stop when you're teaching someone to drive
Remember those days???
GS3Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:06 PM   #22
SNiiP3R
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
SNiiP3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fuhgeddaboudit
Posts: 3,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
So basically the same old "aesthetics" argument (which is obviously subjective so they are allowed their opinion) but because of that they refuse to look at the cars merits
Yep, better not to read the comments on bimmerpost. It seems that the internet ninjas, keyboard warriors, and couch quarterbacks are out in full force
SNiiP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:07 PM   #23
whoster
Lexus Fanatic
 
whoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Inside
Posts: 5,323
Default

Oh yeah, the jimmies have been rustled on bimmerpost.
whoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:19 PM   #24
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,093
Default

I hope Lexus comes out with some aggressive exterior and interior color combinations. Im sure red will be an option on the interior only one would hope. Maybe by year, they will update colors like how they did on the current IS F/
AJL0365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:20 PM   #25
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiiP3R View Post
Yep, better not to read the comments on bimmerpost. It seems that the internet ninjas, keyboard warriors, and couch quarterbacks are out in full force
lmao I've never heard of some of those. hilarious
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:28 PM   #26
"that boy"
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
"that boy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,128
Default

I don't mind the wheels, i'm sure they would look nice on the IS F
"that boy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:35 PM   #27
RNM GS3
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 2,141
Default

NA V8 > turbo 6 for me
M3/M4 will prob be lighter though.

Both look nice in their own way but the RC-F has a much sportier/distinctive profile IMO.


Last edited by RNM GS3; 01-08-14 at 05:51 PM.
RNM GS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:36 PM   #28
dmvp29
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 717
Default

The moderators at bimmerpost are actually the most sensible and level-headed when it comes to critiquing cars from competing brands.

It's the sheeple who are the problem. Some of them even have psychic powers. One of them has claimed that it's essentially a foregone conclusion that the M4 will beat the RCF on the track. We don't even know the specs for the RCF yet LOL
dmvp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:38 PM   #29
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
BNR34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
You forgot how the LS400 smoked all of its competitors in all categories..
Not all categories, the LS400 looks very boring and bland. Even to this day, S-Class and 7-Series are much more exciting and elegant looking car then any LS.

Aesthetics and styling is definitely a huge category

This RC-F and the GS400 is and was a better looking car then their competitions.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:41 PM   #30
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
BNR34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3Tek View Post
RC F, and I'm not being biased either.

Or when you need to stop when you're teaching someone to drive
Remember those days???
I try to avoid teaching people how to drive, very scary
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next BMW X3 Vh_Supra26 Car Chat 5 06-04-15 12:50 PM
New BMW M5 F10 (updated, official spec and link in #205) rotaryrock Car Chat 269 01-04-12 09:25 AM
Limited Edition: Frozen Grey Metallic M3 LexFather Car Chat 42 10-04-09 11:29 AM
2009 M3 Sedan facelift GFerg Car Chat 34 08-02-08 02:45 AM
e92 M3 coupe by Amuse. Sickest M3 by far!!! rotaryrock Car Chat 35 01-12-08 09:57 AM


Tags
bmw, clublexus, compared, frs, lexus, lfa, m3, m4, pic, point, price, rc, rcf, verus, wallpaper

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved