Music Streaming Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-17, 09:17 PM
C850
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music Streaming Service

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding your experiences. What music app/ streaming service do you use and what are your experiences?

At this moment I'm using Spotify on an android phone (Galaxy S6), however I have a few issues:
- After a call the music doesn't resume
- Sometimes another player decides to start after a call, when Spotify doesn't resume.
- The loud music warning pops up everytime the phone connects (dunno of this is Samsung or Spotify). This is extremely irritating when using tasker, to set volume to max when connected to the car.

How have you guys set it up? All these issues, especially the ones after a call require manual input on the phone, which in heavy traffic is not exactly what you want to do.

Are the others better? Deezer, Tidal, Google music?

What is your experience with the apps?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-17, 05:35 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I use Spotify with my iPhone 7, and the only issue I have, is that when I get into the car, my music plays from iTunes as soon as the car starts. I usually have to switch over to spotify, which of course is not a big deal. I have learned that if I have spotify open and have recently played a song, then my car will acknowledge that spotify is my source of music and will automatically start playing from there. I tried switching over to apple music to see if it would be easier to use since my car connects to that by default, but it was horrible. I am so used to the spotify interface that I was not able to use apple music, and I also had the issue of trying to get all my songs transferred over.

I don't seem to have any of the issues you listed though, I would say that probably has to do with your Android OS.

I was interested in CarPlay for a while, and coincidentally, I have it in the rental I am driving currently. I am not impressed at all, I am not sure if others have had a different experience, but for example with spotify, it is great that I can browse my library and playlist from the car, but every time I select a song through the car, it plays something random, and a lot of the album art does not display correctly.
Old 02-22-17, 10:06 AM
alrozrc350
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello forcaport7 - In your last thread, you mention that when you get in your cat music from Itunes plays, so is your Itunes library on your phone?
I guess my question is, since my Itunes library is on my Apple laptop an most of the music is in their cloud, I presume that I cannot stream this to the car unless
I create a playlist on the phone?
Old 02-22-17, 01:24 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Whatever music I have purchased from itunes in the past is on my phone, I do not have any custom playlists on itunes as I do not like using itunes to play/stream music. But given your situation you actually can stream it if it is on the cloud. I believe you have to go into the settings on your phone and turn on cloud settings for itunes, which will then let you stream whatever you have on your mac, from your phone. And given that itunes is the default music player on the iphone, it should play as soon as your phone is connected to the car.