RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lexus Dealership aftermarket F sport performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-17, 08:37 PM
rbrandonl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Dealership aftermarket F sport performance exhaust

So I was looking online at the lexus website and I see they have an F sport performance exhaust for the RC 350 F-sport. I was wondering if anyone has purchased this exhaust from the dealership and if so how do you like it, how does it sound, and what type of performance has it given or boosted?
Here is a link to the website with the exhaust: http://www.lexus.com/models/RC/accessories
Old 02-17-17, 10:24 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I posted the below in another thread:

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
Hey, hope you're doing well. I went with the Lexus F-Sport Performance exhaust. There were aftermarket ones out there but some of them were a bit rough sounding. Contrary to popular belief the F-Sport Exhaust is deep, sounds clean and fairly loud. It's tuned well and has a nice sound -- it turns heads everywhere.

The mufflers are made of a very polished stainless steel. I would've preferred it in a quad tip configuration, but the tips that it does come with are solid in size and thickness. If you do install this, you'll have to use the F-Sport diffuser.

I've had nothing but compliments and the thing sounds great. I installed an AFE Power Takeda intake as well and the combination beautiful. Attached a few pics of the F-Sport Exhaust

The following users liked this post:
rbrandonl (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 11:23 AM
rbrandonl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
I posted the below in another thread:
Thanks I really appreciate the info and pics it definitely helps me out a lot. I've been trying figure out if they are any good, if they are too quite ect.....
2 Question though: Is there any additional hp gains or no? And are there any cons at all you have about the exhaust?
Also if it's not too much trouble do you think you could upload a short video or sound clip of what the exhaust sounds like? If not it's cool, I appreciate the info you have given thus far.
Old 02-17-17, 12:09 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rbrandonl
Thanks I really appreciate the info and pics it definitely helps me out a lot. I've been trying figure out if they are any good, if they are too quite ect.....
2 Question though: Is there any additional hp gains or no? And are there any cons at all you have about the exhaust?
Also if it's not too much trouble do you think you could upload a short video or sound clip of what the exhaust sounds like? If not it's cool, I appreciate the info you have given thus far.

Video: Sure I'll PM you the video. Let me know when you've seen it, so I can delete it from the server. The video is wideo-open-throttle, which is too bad because it sounds a lot more elegant and "song like" around 3500-5000k, then it turns into a loud brrrrrrr sound. The induction noise form my intake here is also being obnoxious under WOT.

Gains: It's axel back, so minimum, but it feels like it opened up in the right places, especially in the low RPM range.

PM of video on it's way!
The following users liked this post:
rbrandonl (02-17-17)
Old 02-23-17, 05:26 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. Could I see this video as well, I've been considering this exhaust. Thanks.
Old 02-24-17, 05:52 AM
poiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrandonl
Any reason why you're looking at the F Sport muffler vs just a muffler delete? If it's sound you're looking for I honestly think a muffler delete sounds much better. It's extremely quiet when idle, but comes alive under throttle. And as long as you have the rear seats up, there's no drone.

Plus you get rid of all that extra weight. The stock mufflers actually do weigh quite a bit
Old 02-24-17, 01:11 PM
rbrandonl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by poiman
Any reason why you're looking at the F Sport muffler vs just a muffler delete? If it's sound you're looking for I honestly think a muffler delete sounds much better. It's extremely quiet when idle, but comes alive under throttle. And as long as you have the rear seats up, there's no drone.

Plus you get rid of all that extra weight. The stock mufflers actually do weigh quite a bit
Well one reason is that it's a 2017 brand new vehicle still under warranty so I don't know all that I can do to it without voiding the warranty, that's the biggest challenge for me right now I don't know what all I can do to the vehicle. I figure using a part from lexus will keep my warranty in tack in case something happens especially if they do the labor. Second I'm asking around just getting info, trying to see what everybody has done as well. Honestly sound is not a real big factor for me, I mean I do want it to have a little rumble and turn head when I come through but ultimately I want performance more than anything and a nice look.
Old 02-24-17, 01:13 PM
rbrandonl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SigmonC
Hello. Could I see this video as well, I've been considering this exhaust. Thanks.
You will have to msg SpeedRCR for the video as it is his video and he uploaded it. Send him a PM and I'm sure he won't mind showing the video.
Old 02-25-17, 01:14 AM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

SpeedRcr, are you able to upload the video to youtube? Thanks.
Old 02-25-17, 04:16 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by happy1977
SpeedRcr, are you able to upload the video to youtube? Thanks.
I've got a few. I'm travelling for a few days, but as soon as I get back, I'll find a way to delete my license plate and post it publicly!
Old 03-02-17, 10:21 PM
avbiro
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I'm confused. So Lexus makes or sell an exhaust called a "F Sport Exhaust" for a Lexus model RC350 F Sport? Why??? I was reading other threads on how IS owners want a F Sport Exhaust for their cars. I figured they were trying to purchase the same exhaust that is on my RC 350 F sport but it appears that is not the case and that F Sport owners can benefit from a Exhaust system called F Sport from Lexus. Someone please clarify. Thank you
Old 03-02-17, 11:14 PM
Arfboy
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by avbiro
Ok, I'm confused. So Lexus makes or sell an exhaust called a "F Sport Exhaust" for a Lexus model RC350 F Sport? Why??? I was reading other threads on how IS owners want a F Sport Exhaust for their cars. I figured they were trying to purchase the same exhaust that is on my RC 350 F sport but it appears that is not the case and that F Sport owners can benefit from a Exhaust system called F Sport from Lexus. Someone please clarify. Thank you
Lexus makes a F Sport Performance Exhaust. It's a factory accessory. It's not the standard exhaust that comes on F Sport cars. The F Sport Performance Exhaust is actually the same one available for both RC and IS models.

As to why... probably because it's one more way for Lexus to make money from people who want to stick with Lexus branded parts.
Old 03-03-17, 10:34 AM
avbiro
Driver School Candidate

Ok, thank you for the explanation. Not a lot time went into naming that exhaust. Lexus performance add-on department probably had a liquid lunch that day and got a little lazy. LOL
Old 03-04-17, 05:37 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by avbiro
Ok, thank you for the explanation. Not a lot time went into naming that exhaust. Lexus performance add-on department probably had a liquid lunch that day and got a little lazy. LOL
Here's your F-Sport 101 history lesson as to why the upgraded accessory parts are named the way they are.