RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

White RC 350 F-Sport Stolen NNJ!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 07:22 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
That happened to a friend of mine in Atlanta. His RX was stolen (from his driveway) when he left the RX key in his unlocked truck parked next to it. The police found it by the side of the road two weeks later, and it had been trashed. No body damage, but it looked like a family of homeless street bums and a few raccoons had been living in it, and when the mess of trash and food wrappers became too much even for them, they moved out and just left the car. The mess was so bad the insurance company totaled it out, as it would have been too expensive to replace the seats and carpeting. My guess is that stealing a car is easier than stealing a house. I was going to post this story earlier in this thread as a kind of a warning for you to get ready for anything, but thought it might be too depressing for you.
I can definitely relate. Although the inside was complete filth and cigarette ashes everywhere, there was no physical staining or damage to the interior. Irony is that the jacka$$ left his clothes and new NIKE sneakers in the trunk. You would think a thief wouldn't leave any belongings behind!
Old 02-23-17, 12:30 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm happy to hear you got your are back and the LEOs were able to catch the perp.

I wonder how the Perp was caught? Was the perp in the car or something left in the car that ID'd the perp.

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Hi all. My car was found exactly two weeks after it was stolen (yesterday). Surprisingly, the only body damage was to the right side mirror. The car was as complete mess. Filthy dirty throughout and cigarette ashes all over the interior. Oddly enough my wallet was inside with my DL. Sunglassess were untouched. Some other things were stolen. The thief left some of his clothes and sneakers in the trunk.

The police were able to make an arrest.

After picking up the car, it just didn't feel right and I was compelled to swap vehicles. I picked up an IS 300 AWD F-Sport in Atomic Silver / Red this evening and couldn't be happier. It was the only Atomic Silver / Red on the lot in the state, but the dealership was AMAZING and completely compassionate and made it happen within a few short hours. Was worried about a performance downgrade coming from the RC 350, but the 300 is plenty powerful and pleasing.

I really appreciate everyone's good faith and positive feedback! Just goes to show you that no matter where you are, or how comfortable you feel, you have to be on your guard. It's unfortunate and it sucks, but it's the world we live in. Lesson learned! Here are some pics of the new IS. Thanks again!

Attachment 404657Attachment 404658Attachment 404659
Old 02-23-17, 09:39 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on the IS, I'm glad everything worked out well for you..
Old 02-23-17, 11:58 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Worked out well? His car was stolen and trashed to the point where he had to buy another car, and he was without his car for weeks! I don't see any good aspects to that story, unless he was secretly longing for an IS all this time. Hmmm - maybe he put somebody up to it.
Old 02-23-17, 12:06 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tfischer
Worked out well? His car was stolen and trashed to the point where he had to buy another car, and he was without his car for weeks! I don't see any good aspects to that story, unless he was secretly longing for an IS all this time. Hmmm - maybe he put somebody up to it.
Considering that the car was gone for two weeks with minimal damage, I'd say it worked out better than anyone would have expected it to. I was fortunate enough that Lexus was willing to trade in my vehicle early. I was actually going to do it before The RC was stolen. I did have a spare to run around in. Only thing out of pocket that insurance wouldn't cover was towing which cost me about $500.
Old 02-23-17, 12:11 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I'm happy to hear you got your are back and the LEOs were able to catch the perp.

I wonder how the Perp was caught? Was the perp in the car or something left in the car that ID'd the perp.
He was arrested and an officer found my wallet with my license his possession. He said he didn't have the car and that he knows he did it but it wasn't him (right). The car was found the same day.
Old 02-23-17, 06:09 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

LOL, you were "lucky" or "unlucky" depending on how you look at the situation that the perp was a NONPROFESSIONAL and STUPID. I mean how stupid to carry around a stolen wallet with the original ID in it!!? The perp should have ditch the ID !!! That's why if you ever had your wallet stolen, the first place to recover your ID and such is to check the nearest trash can or dumpster!!!

If it was a PRO who stoled your car, you probably will NEVER see it again. Personally I don't want to see the car EVER again BC I don't want to have to deal with the aftermath of cleaning it and etc.

Originally Posted by FUZCO
He was arrested and an officer found my wallet with my license his possession. He said he didn't have the car and that he knows he did it but it wasn't him (right). The car was found the same day.