RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

White RC 350 F-Sport Stolen NNJ!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 09:22 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Megafast13
Download the Lexus App to see its location and you can sound alarm, lock, etc. Lexus can help lol
probably going past the equator right about now
Old 02-08-17, 05:02 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
The folding mirrors rationale doesn't really make sense since everyone should lock their car when it's parked outside (whether on their driveway or in public). I never understood why people leave their key in the car either...making it way too easy for theives.

Sorry this happened to you. I hope someone spots your car on the road. It's times like this when the Enform Remote subscription is really worth the $249.90 fee.
I agree with you, I even lock the car in the garage. In addition, my wife's RX F Sport has the auto folding mirrors, however you can disable them so that you can lock the vehicle while the mirrors are not folded.
Old 02-08-17, 05:58 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really sorry to hear your car was stolen. Do you usually leave your key in the car? I live in NNJ and my car is garage parked, but even so, I always lock the car.
Old 02-08-17, 07:59 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you leave your keys in your car by accident? If so that's a tough break man. Condolences.
Old 02-09-17, 07:11 AM
alrozrc350
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Fuzco - Any news on your car? The best to you my friend.
Old 02-09-17, 07:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
keyless cars won't lock if the key is inside, so one has to wonder why you would leave the keys in the vehicle while the vehicle is outside.
and wallet!
Old 02-09-17, 03:24 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

No updates yet. I lived here for 17 years and never would have thought this could happen! Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for you overwhelming thoughts. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-09-17, 03:29 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If one of my vehicles was stolen,I would hope it disappears.
Old 02-09-17, 11:31 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sometimes if your car is financed, the lien holder will put a LowJack in it just in case you don't pay on time and they needed to find the car to repo it.

But I think too much time had gone by, your car is either in pieces or the whole car is on a boat going to some third world country where it will fetch an excellent price.

Then again, the pros will not risk their OPs by using the CC left in your wallet. They will just use whatever cash in your wallet. Sounds like maybe some joy ride seekers. Either way it sucks. I feel for you bro. I hope you find your ride soon.

Originally Posted by FUZCO
No updates yet. I lived here for 17 years and never would have thought this could happen! Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for you overwhelming thoughts. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-10-17, 05:02 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
If one of my vehicles was stolen,I would hope it disappears.
Yeah I know what you mean, I probably wouldn't want it back either..
Old 02-13-17, 03:52 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this happened to you.. you live in ironbound? Had coworker years ago who's ML truck was stolen at a car wash as it was being dried.. although this was on frelinghuysen I believe.. doubt your over there.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-17, 07:50 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by isosunrise
Sorry to hear this happened to you.. you live in ironbound? Had coworker years ago who's ML truck was stolen at a car wash as it was being dried.. although this was on frelinghuysen I believe.. doubt your over there.

Good luck!
i live in Morris County. The car was last seen in Newark bc the theif bought gas on my CC in that city.

Apparently, if Enform isn't active, Lexus has no way of tracking your car. There's no exception for stolen cars either.

Still no word. Exactly one week today.

Anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous that Lexus cannot track a car that has tracking installed in it regardless if Enform subscription isn't active?
Old 02-13-17, 09:33 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous that Lexus cannot track a car that has tracking installed in it regardless if Enform subscription isn't active?
Not ridiculous at all. If you don't pay for the service, then you don't get the service. Simple as that.
Old 02-13-17, 11:07 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your stolen car.

The pros would probably have put it in a Faraday cage to prevent any tacking device. So EnForm or not, it is irrelevant by now. EnForm is useful if it can map out where the car went initially before it disappears from "radar" (Faraday cage").

It's been over a week. Most likely it is already overseas in some third world country by now.

Not ridiculous at all. If you don't pay for the service, then you don't get the service. Simple as that.
Old 02-14-17, 08:17 AM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

It is ridiculous that Lexus cannot use the technology to track down a stolen vehicle. I don't want the service, but Lexus should have a switch where they can locate the car via the tracking ability in regard.

Quick Reply: White RC 350 F-Sport Stolen NNJ!