RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Somebody hit my RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-17, 04:13 PM
aries7286
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Somebody hit my RC

An old man backed into me while I was waiting for another car to pull out of her parking spot.

Now, time to deal with the insurance companies
Old 01-14-17, 05:25 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Damn. That's just pathetic. Glad that no one was hurt though.
Old 01-16-17, 09:17 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Ugh that really stinks....Hopefully you'll get it repaired to your liking.

About a month ago I watched an older lady in an E-Class trying to parallel park. She pulls along side a Honda Accord that she is trying to park behind and proceeds to back into the left quarter panel of the Accord. Me and my wife sat there in stunned amazement not believing what we just saw, and trying to figure out how the heck she misjudged so bad...
Old 01-16-17, 08:02 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

second post i see today of RC's getting hit damn. this sucks.
Old 01-16-17, 10:51 PM
aries7286
Rookie

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
second post i see today of RC's getting hit damn. this sucks.
Spoke to my Insurance today. They said he is not admitting fault and that he said there we no damages to his car since he never hit my car. Good thing I have lots of pix AND a video of him telling me what prescription drugs he's taking. idk if any of them makes it unsafe for him to drive but maybe we'll find out soon.

Looks like I might have to go through my insurance and just have them battle it out with the other party
Old 01-16-17, 11:49 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Next time call police and get a police report as well
Old 01-17-17, 04:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

True that. If police refuses to show up (in big metro areas, police sometimes will not show if no injuries), then at least there is documentation of your call.

Anytime a person is taking any type of mind altering RX, it can be construed as under the influence. If wherever that person is taking (and shows up on a drug test, if one was done) is not an RX prescribed to him. That is if that person does not have a valid RX for whatever he is taking (especially if that drug is classified as a narcotic), then that person has lots of questions to answer and in big trouble. Just the mear possession of a bottle of narcotic RX that does not belong to him can get him in big trouble IF FOUND.
FYI, under most jurisdictions, if one calls the police and reports that one believes the subject in question is UNDER THE INFLUENCE, the dispatch will more than likely to send a cop to the scene pronto. When the cops show up, there will then be a likelihood of probable cause for a search. If that person resists or after the cops run his license and something turns up.......K9 dogs will be dispatched as well................well you get the picture......

Disclaimer:. Please consult your lawyer BC I'm not a lawyer.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Next time call police and get a police report as well

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-17-17 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-17-17, 08:29 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

hopefully thats quickly resolved....
Old 01-18-17, 07:30 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

@PatrixUSA Yup this just happened to me as well. My RC got hit and the person admitted fault at the time, but now they have denied my claim to their insurance stating that I was the one that hit them. I bought a dashcam right after. Here in Texas, the police will only file a report if someone was injured. I have a friend who's car got nicked in a parking lot just yesterday and a police officer was there to see it, but was only able to make sure insurance was exchanged, since nobody was injured.
Old 01-18-17, 09:03 AM
aries7286
Rookie

yeah im just going to pay my deductible and get it fixed now and let insurance handle the rest. i didnt want to have to pay my deductible since its currently $1k, which i will drop to $500 soon since this is the 2nd time in 2 years i had to file claims though my insurace even when im not the one at fault.

driving your baby with a dent feels as if i was walking around with a blackeye, i feel like everyone is looking at it (even if no1 is paying attention)
Old 01-18-17, 09:37 AM
forcaport7
Driver

yea I know exactly what you mean, hopefully everything works out. I am in the same boat, I will have to claim with insurance and bite the bullet for the repairs until they can figure it out. Best of luck man!
Old 01-18-17, 09:55 AM
aries7286
Rookie

Originally Posted by forcaport7
yea I know exactly what you mean, hopefully everything works out. I am in the same boat, I will have to claim with insurance and bite the bullet for the repairs until they can figure it out. Best of luck man!
best of luck to as well! worst part is giving up the babies for a week or 2 for repair
Old 01-18-17, 10:35 AM
forcaport7
Driver

yea for sure :/ I am giving mine straight back to lexus so that is a little reassuring, but I still know what you mean!
Old 01-18-17, 10:57 AM
aries7286
Rookie

Originally Posted by forcaport7
yea for sure :/ I am giving mine straight back to lexus so that is a little reassuring, but I still know what you mean!
wait, we can do our bodywork repairs at Lexus?
Old 01-18-17, 11:02 AM
forcaport7
Driver

I bought my car from Park Place Lexus in Texas, and they have a Park Place body shop which handles all park place dealership vehicles. But lexus took care of everything including the rental and I will be dropping my car off at the dealership next week and they will be taking care of the transport to the body shop and also working out the pickup. I would ask your dealership, I'm sure they have a partnership of some sort, if not their own body shop.

Quick Reply: Somebody hit my RC