RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

eBay JPM Carbon Fiber Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-18, 11:47 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BluMonkey
Ah thanks for the info man. I'm thinking about getting this on eBay. How are the holes lining up underneath. Do they match the existing holes of the car already? Did you have to drill or use a lot of 3M tapes? Any problem with jacking up the car with the extra depth?

Did you install the parts yourself?
holes lined up perfectly with the existing pins. No drilling necessary. I just added more screws so i know for sure itll sit nice and sturdy. I didnt use any 3M tapes on the sides and rear. I ended up removing the gorilla outdoor 3m tape i had on the front lip and just added more screws. If you are using the stock jack you wouldnt have any issue. If you are using one of the hydraulics youll just have to insert the jack the gap between the wheel and sideskirt and youll be fine. When you jack the car, you jack it on the jacking point not the sideskirt. Lastly, i did all the install. Took me about 2 mins per lip. Rear and front took me about 5mins. Had to make sure its sitting there perfectly.

i will take pics of the car on monday. The car is currently at autoshop getting my airride install.
Old 06-01-18, 01:45 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by and3re
Don't just say it, show the update!
if youve read my reply after this you would probably know why i cant post an update... its currently at the shop getting my air ride installed and once its back ill post it up...
Old 06-05-18, 05:15 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
bought two from the same seller.

The first one, i lost on the highway. I had damaged it since my car is too low and broke off a portion of it. I ziptied it but didn't hold up one day i was going triple digits lol.

so I bought a second one. The holes didn't line up 100% for both the front lips i got but i still managed to 3M a portion of it and added extra screws on areas where there were not meant to be screws. It's holding pretty well. I busted this second front lip a few weeks back again when i ran over apiece of wood on the highway. Just my luck.
Dang, that sucks man lol. How big was the wood?! You lowered your car? You mentioned it didn't fit 100%, but Kaidan117 also mentioned that he used the existing pins without needing to drill. So the holes didn't line up for you and you weren't able to use the existing pins?
Old 06-07-18, 08:17 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have this kit as well, love it!

Old 06-07-18, 08:34 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by forcaport7
I have this kit as well, love it!

Dang! That looks amazing man! Did you install it yourself? I want to get it and install it myself so I'm looking for thoughts on it.
Old 06-07-18, 08:37 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BluMonkey
Dang! That looks amazing man! Did you install it yourself? I want to get it and install it myself so I'm looking for thoughts on it.
I had a friend help, but yea basically we used the pre slotted spots that line up with screws that are already under the car, and then we drilled extra screws to reinforce it.. this is my second lip. my first one lasted me about 8 months before it ripped apart on the highway, that one was on the pre-slotted holes only, we hadn't reinforced it at the time.

pretty simple install, took about 45 minutes mainly because we wanted to make sure it was sturdy so we added a lot more screws than we probably needed, but I can tell you this thing is not going anywhere.
Old 06-07-18, 08:42 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by forcaport7
I had a friend help, but yea basically we used the pre slotted spots that line up with screws that are already under the car, and then we drilled extra screws to reinforce it.. this is my second lip. my first one lasted me about 8 months before it ripped apart on the highway, that one was on the pre-slotted holes only, we hadn't reinforced it at the time.

pretty simple install, took about 45 minutes mainly because we wanted to make sure it was sturdy so we added a lot more screws than we probably needed, but I can tell you this thing is not going anywhere.
Thanks for the info man! I actually just asked the sellers of these lip kit on eBay and they said that these parts are not "pre-drilled", but they did confirm that the some of the drillable area do line up with the existing holes under the car. These sound right to you? Yours were pre-drilled already?