eBay JPM Carbon Fiber Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-17, 11:25 PM
BigEarl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaidan117
Jpm cf front lip and sideskirt

Heres the update guys! I like the way its seating on the car... the sideskirt is an easy install... i just actually just installed the ARK GRIP exhaust today too! Shes screaming loud! Will be installing takeda intake soon!
That looks great. What brand is it? how is it holding up?
Old 02-14-17, 02:06 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BigEarl
That looks great. What brand is it? how is it holding up?
brand is JPM its a replica from aimgain i believe. Sideskirt is holding up by screws, front is screws and double sided and rear is lots of double sided and 2 screws.
Old 02-17-17, 05:34 PM
BigEarl
Driver School Candidate

brand is JPM its a replica from aimgain i believe. Sideskirt is holding up by screws, front is screws and double sided and rear is lots of double sided and 2 screws.
thanks for the reply. Is this the "spec-m" version of the JPM model. I see a few different ones on eBay.
The following users liked this post:
JacobUbol (03-02-17)
Old 02-17-17, 08:25 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by BigEarl
thanks for the reply. Is this the "spec-m" version of the JPM model. I see a few different ones on eBay.

yes spec-m and if youre gona order i highly recommend ordering the whole set for a cheaper price just talk to them and theyll give you a good deal. Its not much but its something.
Old 03-02-17, 08:05 PM
JacobUbol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bro,

Your car looks so dope, I just purchased the set like you did.
May I ask which seller did you purchase from. I ask them about the installation, they said it may require drilling
Old 03-02-17, 08:41 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by JacobUbol
Hi bro,

Your car looks so dope, I just purchased the set like you did.
May I ask which seller did you purchase from. I ask them about the installation, they said it may require drilling
thank you! I bought it from spec-m... no drilling necessary i just used double sided tape and screws on mine and theyre holding up pretty good... specially here in guam its been raining and its still intact... easy installation theres premade holes there qlready anyway...
Old 03-02-17, 08:48 PM
JacobUbol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

thank you! I bought it from spec-m... no drilling necessary i just used double sided tape and screws on mine and theyre holding up pretty good... specially here in guam its been raining and its still intact... easy installation theres premade holes there qlready anyway...
thank you for your help!

how long did they take to ship out though?

and do you have the rcf? Or you just changed the headlight?
Old 03-03-17, 12:31 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

It takes about 14 days before they ship since they make it once they get the order. I believe they dont really have anything in stock just make it once someone orders...

i have rc350 fsport... it came with that head light already... i love the lip kit on it... just saving up for the air ride and itll be car show ready...
Old 03-05-17, 12:53 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I just ordered the front lip and side skirts! The diffuser arrived Friday. The overall quality is decent, although the carbon weave pattern is not as straight as I hoped. Do you know if these parts are clear coated? I was the one that put together the carbon fiber skinning DIY in the 2IS thread, and one lesson I learned was no clear coat = yellowed resin within a year.
Old 03-05-17, 11:38 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by rcJten
I just ordered the front lip and side skirts! The diffuser arrived Friday. The overall quality is decent, although the carbon weave pattern is not as straight as I hoped. Do you know if these parts are clear coated? I was the one that put together the carbon fiber skinning DIY in the 2IS thread, and one lesson I learned was no clear coat = yellowed resin within a year.
i believe they are. I can message the seller and see for sure and ill get back to you
Old 03-05-17, 11:52 PM
IanRBlades
Driver School Candidate

Default Use lifting points not side skirts to jack your car!!

i wish i can answer that question right now phil. I havent gotten down the repair shop at the moment. I used my own jack to lift the car when i installed the exhaust but the sideskirt wasnt in the way at all.
You wouldn't be jacking the car up by the side skirt anyway.. you use lifting points on the car and side skirts are not made to support the weight of the car.. lip and skirts looks good!!
Old 05-30-18, 10:51 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jpm cf front lip and sideskirt

Heres the update guys! I like the way its seating on the car... the sideskirt is an easy install... i just actually just installed the ARK GRIP exhaust today too! Shes screaming loud! Will be installing takeda intake soon!
How are they holding up? Still good and everything??
Old 05-31-18, 05:20 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by BluMonkey
How are they holding up? Still good and everything??
its holding up pretty good. It rains a lot here in guam and usually lots of water by where i live and lip all around still holding up pretty good. I added more screws to hold better. I actually had the lip painted to match my rc (candy apple red)
Old 05-31-18, 05:27 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its holding up pretty good. It rains a lot here in guam and usually lots of water by where i live and lip all around still holding up pretty good. I added more screws to hold better. I actually had the lip painted to match my rc (candy apple red)
Ah thanks for the info man. I'm thinking about getting this on eBay. How are the holes lining up underneath. Do they match the existing holes of the car already? Did you have to drill or use a lot of 3M tapes? Any problem with jacking up the car with the extra depth?

Did you install the parts yourself?
Old 05-31-18, 09:44 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BluMonkey
Ah thanks for the info man. I'm thinking about getting this on eBay. How are the holes lining up underneath. Do they match the existing holes of the car already? Did you have to drill or use a lot of 3M tapes? Any problem with jacking up the car with the extra depth?

Did you install the parts yourself?
bought two from the same seller.

The first one, i lost on the highway. I had damaged it since my car is too low and broke off a portion of it. I ziptied it but didn't hold up one day i was going triple digits lol.

so I bought a second one. The holes didn't line up 100% for both the front lips i got but i still managed to 3M a portion of it and added extra screws on areas where there were not meant to be screws. It's holding pretty well. I busted this second front lip a few weeks back again when i ran over apiece of wood on the highway. Just my luck.

Quick Reply: eBay JPM Carbon Fiber Front Lip