RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Anyone have Nebula Grey W/ Playa interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 10:46 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Nebula Grey W/ Playa interior?

A dealership a few hours away has a CPO nebula grey with Playa for sale. I am interested, but can't seem to figure out the color combo. Anyone have this combo that can comment on if its sporty or more classy in a real life setting. I only have access to pictures and most often pictures don't do certain colors justice. Seems like with Nebula the popular combos are red and black. Not sure if this one is rare and unique or downright ugly lol.

Thanks
Old 08-16-16, 11:51 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Its all a matter of personal opinion honestly. I personally cant stand the playa with any paint color...but thats just me. I prefer the black interior with nebula or for any of the RC color choices....however I went with Rioja and couldn't be happier. I don't know if you have seen the interior physically, but its pretty hard not to like it in any color lol. Hope this helps.

Last edited by lexual_rc; 08-16-16 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-16-16, 12:12 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

I have the Rioja red on my IS. It's great.
Old 08-16-16, 05:42 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

The Playa (who names these colors?) has a lot of yellow in it, which often does not show up in the photographs. You should see it before you commit to a purchase (isn't that always the rule?).
Old 08-16-16, 07:47 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

They had an RC near me when i was looking to buy one, USB exterior and Playa interior...terrible interior IMO.
Old 08-16-16, 08:03 PM
tfischer

My car is Infrared, with the "Flaxen" interior. Flaxen and Playa look very close on the samples and even in photographs, but the Flaxen is a medium tan, while the Playa is much lighter with lots of yellow. The Flaxen looks great with the red (see most Ferraris); I have seen an Infrared with the Playa interior and think it looks awful. Our taste in colors is always subjective, but I agree with the above post that the Playa is not terribly attractive.
Old 08-17-16, 05:56 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Nebula Grey with black interior. The Flaxen and Playa looked more classy then they did sporty imo. I didn't like the lighter wood trim in either as as well.
Old 08-17-16, 10:55 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

I had to pass on all the local RC's on the lot last year because they were all black interior. I did not want black interior...no matter what. My husband did not want black either.

Since I was going to have to order it, I had to decide between Playa and Flaxen, and while I initially liked the Playa better, I ended up with the Flaxen, and was able to get a car shipped from Texas that had that interior with Infrared. I am so glad I did not get the Playa because it had way too much yellow in it. There is still PLENTY of black in the interior....but at least the seats are not black.

I don't understand that combination though, however; I do understand wanting anything but black. I could have had one a couple days after I decided this was the car I wanted (even the Luxury package with all whistles and bells) at my local dealer but I absolutely positively did not want black.

I'd go take a look at it....
Old 08-17-16, 11:00 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I had to pass on all the local RC's on the lot last year because they were all black interior. I did not want black interior...no matter what. My husband did not want black either.

Since I was going to have to order it, I had to decide between Playa and Flaxen, and while I initially liked the Playa better, I ended up with the Flaxen, and was able to get a car shipped from Texas that had that interior with Infrared. I am so glad I did not get the Playa because it had way too much yellow in it. There is still PLENTY of black in the interior....but at least the seats are not black.

I don't understand that combination though, however; I do understand wanting anything but black. I could have had one a couple days after I decided this was the car I wanted (even the Luxury package with all whistles and bells) at my local dealer but I absolutely positively did not want black.

I'd go take a look at it....
Such opposition to all black interior, may I ask why you dislike it to that degree?

I'm loving my all black interior, I've always wanted an all black interior on my cars, but they almost never have full black interiors like the RC does. more difficult to stain too!
Old 08-18-16, 04:56 AM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Someone a while back described Playa as "baby poo." That says it all. Avoid at all costs.
Old 08-18-16, 08:05 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Not sure....

Originally Posted by NichyNeato
Such opposition to all black interior, may I ask why you dislike it to that degree?

I'm loving my all black interior, I've always wanted an all black interior on my cars, but they almost never have full black interiors like the RC does. more difficult to stain too!
Not exactly sure....but we've always preferred the tans. The look is much more luxurious and I believe it might be cooler (temperature). Even my black 2000 El Dorado had a beautiful rich crème interior...I think I just really like the contrast. Trust me, there is still PLENTY of black with my Flaxen interior.

I had three deal breakers with the RC. 1) no black interior, 2) did not want Sport model (wanted Luxury package) and 3) did not want AWD. The other things were negotiable. I didn't even care if it had the ML stereo. I didn't care for the fog lights, but it would not have been a deal breaker. Fortunately, I got one fully loaded, sans the fog lights. I was very happy.

One year anniversary on Saturday. I just hit 9,180 miles driving to work today. Almost ready for my 2nd check up!

Dawn
Old 08-18-16, 08:21 AM
IdahoRC
Driver School Candidate

Well I just don't see why all the hate for the playa interior. I have the USB and the playa interior and I love it. I don't consider it to have too much yellow and would not dissuade anyone from getting it. I have gotten multiple compliments on it, so here again it is in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks elegant with the blue and very classy. But to each his own.
Old 08-18-16, 08:42 AM
tfischer

DAWN - I agree about the black interior. I had a black SC430, and when I saw one with a black interior I rejected it immediately, as with everything black, the car has no definition. It looked like a giant licorice jellybean. I went with the light interior, and loved it. I had a silver Audi with black interior, and it was not too bad, although when everything inside is all black, it's just depressing. With the infrared, I have the flaxen, and agree that there is plenty (that means almost too much) black in there already.
IDAHO - nobody here is "hating" the yellowish playa interior. Many of us just don't like it, and we simply suggest that it appears much lighter and more yellow than it does in the brochures and dealership photographs; the advice is generally to have a look at it before committing to it. And when it comes to colors, there is no accounting for taste. The fact that you like it and another person here does not should not be surprising or alarming. Lexus did not make it one of the few available interiors because they thought it was awful.
Old 08-18-16, 09:13 AM
IdahoRC
Driver School Candidate

When someone says "avoid at all costs" that is pretty much hating on it. I agree it is all down to what you like, as I said.
Old 08-18-16, 09:33 AM
tfischer

That's not hate - that's a subjective opinion about a color.
Jeeez.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Nebula Grey W/ Playa interior?