RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A year in review--would you buy RC again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-16, 11:50 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A year in review--would you buy RC again?

I was reading a post from another thread and one of our members was very unhappy with his RC and would not have selected the RC if he had the chance to do it over again. I'm also still rolling on the floor laughing about another post wherein the RC was described as a "medium attractive girlfriend. You still hit it, but it leaves you wanting more." God I hope that poster is still in his 20's.

Anyhoo--it made me wonder how others were feeling about the 1--1 1/2 year mark so I thought I would start a thread specifically to this question.

Would you buy/lease your car again? Pros/cons?

I'll start--

RC 350--2015 Infrared/Flaxen--Luxury Package (with every option they offered).
Took delivery 8/20/15
Current mileage - 8,660

Love the car. I still marvel at the design. Not a week goes by where someone doesn't walk up to me and ask me about it or make a comment about it. I have only seen ONE other RC in Sacramento/Roseville (black one), although I am sure there are many others.

I'm fine with the gas mileage. I get approximately 25ish. I replaced a Toyota Solara and I got about the same mileage. Love the interior....love the keypad. Perfect touch for me. I am still learning a few things about the options here and there. Sound is fine (ML), but I listen to audiobooks via audible.com so I can't comment on the quality of sound.

The only con I can think of is the heated seat issue when the seat coolers are turned on. So I just don't use that feature. It's not a big deal and even knowing that, I would still have purchased it. It seems like all of our vehicles use premium gas so that doesn't even bother me. I think the Solara was the first car we've had in a long time that took regular gas.

So yes, I would buy again in a heartbeat. Never had a moment of buyer's remorse. Not even once.
Old 08-02-16, 03:35 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm One year in this August too. Would I buy it again? absolutely. Haven't really gotten much compliments on the car beside friends and coworkers. Everyone around my area drives much nicer car than an RC lol. I also have the seat heating problem and a strange clicking noise in the two front wheels. This is the same problem as the GS, the dealers is telling me they don't have parts for the RC yet, and to come back later...
Old 08-02-16, 03:49 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

That RC owner probably did not have the RC F.

I would certainly buy my RC again. I've only owned it for 2 months so far, but I've put 5400 miles on it. I bought it to drive it every day, not to let it sit. Nearly every day someone comments about it (not a single negative comment that I've heard). The guys at work drool over it. Women really love it, which is great for me being a single guy. I could tell you several stories, but a gentleman doesn't discuss such things.

I'm happy with everything about the car. Except for the ventilated seats, and I also do not like the track pad? It's not as easy to use as the old mushroom style mouse type control that my RX 350 has. I sometimes end up selecting things I did not intend to select. I've gotten better with it, but it can still be a distraction to use while driving.

Every car has cons. The only question is whether or not you can live with them. I feel better about my purchase now than I did on the day I bought it. It does exactly what I wanted it to do and performs better than I predicted.
Old 08-02-16, 08:05 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I love my RC. This is my first "high end" car after owning a 2003 camry for about 8 years. Big upgrade for me. Perhaps those who have owned other luxury/high performance cars, this car might be a downgrade, but for me. I love the interior and exterior and in terms of performance it is what i wanted. I probably would have upgraded to the RCF if i waited a little longer but I wanted something within budget. In about 5 months, i have put in over 5,000 miles. Currently at 15,800 miles.

Would I buy it again? Ofcourse.
Old 08-02-16, 11:26 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, would buy this again or future gen.
Old 08-03-16, 05:17 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my F Sport AWD in November of 2014 and have 6800 miles on it. I bought the second RC that the Lexus Dealer had delivered and because it was so new, I had to pay full price. I guess I'm in the category of buyer's remorse. It was so eye catching I didn't look at it close enough or drive it long enough to notice some short comings. I do not like the side bolster of the seat design, the NuLux leather and how easily it wears vs leather, the ventilated seats blowing hot air on my back instead of cooled seats and the hard plastic divider between the rear seats ilo a center console with a drink holder or a soft bench seat like the SC. I have a SC430 and drive it as a preference over the RC. I plan to keep the RC for a long time, but if I had to sell my SC or RC today, I'd keep the SC430. It's not a bad car, but could use some refinement.
Old 08-03-16, 06:36 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2015 USB/Playa FSport. 22k miles daily driver. No mods. Purchased.

Would certainly purchase again. I would step up to the F for more HP but if my career opportunity opens up like I expect, LC500 is next. As for my RC350;

Love
- look
- ride
- stereo (ML)
- USB 2.0 color
- 8 speed tran
- sound (yes mod exhaust would be even better)
- looks and comments it still gets after 18 months

Dislikes
- seat heating up
- rear view mirror rattle even after several dealer adjustments (windshield replaced from crack. Covered and replaced under dealer warranty)
- wheel gap

Very pleased and the "issues" are small. First Lexus so I'm thrilled with dealer service and Lexus brand.
Old 08-03-16, 11:52 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Would buy the v8 version instead next time.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-03-16, 10:53 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

On the way home tonight I passed a M4. That is one tight looking ride.
Old 08-04-16, 05:12 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Would buy the v8 version instead next time.

-Josh
Originally Posted by unc879wins
On the way home tonight I passed a M4. That is one tight looking ride.
you need the v8 to win that race

Old 08-04-16, 06:49 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Oh, racing it was not on the table. It was tracking at speed limit and I carefully passed at 5 over. Just got a good look at it on the road.

No, I don't even try to bother any M's and aggravate them.
Old 08-04-16, 11:45 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I still love the car however if it was a twin turbo six, I would love it more.
Old 08-04-16, 06:24 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After driving one around as a loaner, I'd consider one later down the road as a garage buddy to my LS. I'd like an F.
Old 08-08-16, 08:46 PM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going on month 9 with 15K miles so far. Love it! Ive got the Molten Pearl and its gets tons of looks. I have the seat heating up as well but other than that and the cup holders being just a little small for me I love it.
Old 08-09-16, 07:59 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

7K miles in after about a year and I'd have to agree with you that its nothing but broken necks and compliments everywhere I go. I couldn't be happier with the design and still don't see anything on the road that really makes me doubt my purchase in terms of aesthetics. The roja interior a year later is still brand new with 0% wear and definitely a pleasure to get into every day....notice all the other companies jumping on the red interior thing now. I haven't experienced any maintenance or problems yet either even though shes very young!

Quick Reply: A year in review--would you buy RC again?