RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A year in review--would you buy RC again?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-16, 07:21 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Props to you! Beautiful car. Enjoy it!
Old 10-13-16, 06:32 PM
Padrino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
just wondering why you didn't lease the Rcf instead? Better handling, performance and power. Same infotainment and navigate though
Weight? Price? Fuel consumption? Insurance? Plus I think I prefer a smaller tossable car for breaking the laws driving. Not many motorcycle-riding days left.

What kind of leases are they offering on the RCFs anyway . Look what you've done now.
Old 10-14-16, 01:59 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Padrino
Weight? Price? Fuel consumption? Insurance? Plus I think I prefer a smaller tossable car for breaking the laws driving. Not many motorcycle-riding days left.

What kind of leases are they offering on the RCFs anyway . Look what you've done now.
Preference is relative and you should stay within your budget.

The weight is a non-issue as has been shown. Put the RC F against any other model RC on a road course and the RC F will come out on top regardless of how tossable the car is perceived. But have you even tried tossing a RC F? You can't make a comparison unless you actually have.

Since you want to get into weight... on a power-to-weight ratio the RC F destroys the other models:
RC F - 8.5 lbs per hp
RC350 - 12.2 lbs per hp
RC300 - 15.3 lbs per hp
RC200t - 15.5 lbs per hp

I'm sure the variants are going to fluctuate a little bit (F-sport, AWD, etc.), but these ballpark figures are close enough.

The fuel consumption in the RC F is actually better than the other models on the highway from what I have seen so far. I can average 28 mpg on the highway cruising at 70 mph in 8th gear. From what I've seen in this thread most other models appear to be lucky to hit 25 mpg: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...car-s-mpg.html But if you're really that worried about mpg because of the fuel cost then perhaps you shouldn't be driving a sports car at all.

As far as city driving... it largely depends on how hard you accelerate, I'm sure. I doubt that the RC F would win there. But I wouldn't know. I pretty much floor it every chance I get, that's why I own it. I'd guess my city driving is 12-14 mpg.

Price and insurance are undoubtedly higher, as will be the lease rates. But you get what you pay for.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't buy RC350, RC300, RC200t... Just answering your questions.