RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A year in review--would you buy RC again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 12:32 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by WEGIE7
( And got the F Sport package, BTW.)
Congrats and probably the best choice...now let the mods begin lol. Did you get the AWD or RWD edition?
Old 08-30-16, 12:38 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rruussss
Well done sir.
GS springs? Different part number. Do they fit proper? Is it just a different ride height?
This has been aswered a few times already. Check their site...the model is the NF210 but the part number is TNF182. Not sure what he means dropped on GS springs as they use part number TNF170 unless they fit too which may be possible. I would suggest you use what is confirmed to fit however by the manufacturer.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/nf210.asp?id=2
Old 08-30-16, 12:42 PM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Congrats and probably the best choice...now let the mods begin lol. Did you get the AWD or RWD edition?
Thanks! I got the AWD. Mods already??? 😁
Old 08-30-16, 01:01 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Congrats!! Pics?

So after reading such thoughtful and supportive advice (thank you all very much!), today I drove home a beautiful 2016 obsidian/ black int. RC 350! I don't feel old at all. Some things just get better with age!
Old 08-30-16, 01:39 PM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

My new pride and joy!

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Congrats!! Pics?
Old 08-30-16, 03:36 PM
Waymok
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

So after reading such thoughtful and supportive advice (thank you all very much!), today I drove home a beautiful 2016 obsidian/ black int. RC 350! I don't feel old at all. Some things just get better with age!
Wow, Huge Congrats!!! So proud of you! Not Enjoy this beautiful ride, I look forward to all the beautiful feelings this car will bring! You separated yourself a million miles when you went from the ES to this!
Old 08-30-16, 06:14 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Wait!!! This looks nothing like the ES!!! Oh, it it is the HOT RC!!!

Looks very sharp both inside and outside. The multi display LCD dash board is a radical departure from the ES!!!

Did you get the ML sound system?

Enjoy! Congrats!! I'm sure it is a blast to drive around! !!

My new pride and joy!
Old 08-30-16, 06:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats, and welcome to the Old Geezers RC Club!

Last edited by Ice350; 08-30-16 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-31-16, 06:02 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

My new pride and joy!
Congrats and enjoy!!
Old 08-31-16, 06:40 AM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Wait!!! This looks nothing like the ES!!! Oh, it it is the HOT RC!!!

Looks very sharp both inside and outside. The multi display LCD dash board is a radical departure from the ES!!!

Did you get the ML sound system?

Enjoy! Congrats!! I'm sure it is a blast to drive around! !!
No, not the ML but the Lexus premium audio. We've been so busy admiring the exterior that we haven't actually turned on the radio yet--lol!
Darned right this isn't the ES--but I know where a slightly used one can be found if I get homesick for it--my husband's. He's now green with RC envy.

Old 09-14-16, 09:55 AM
Padrino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car was my second Lexus. First was an SC400(I loved that car). I came from a 335i coupe to this car.

TL;DR - Yes!

- Looks - Some days i can't stop staring at it. But sometimes i do look at it and feel that it is weirdly proportioned. But i know this; this car gets way more attention than the BMW. This is on another level. I have had a cop pull me over to ask what car this was....along with a "slow down" wink. I absolutely hate the front wheel gap. I hope to fix that ASAP.

-Interior - Not even close. BMW looks so spartan. I wish it had more interior volume. Trying to get any type of play in the back seat will just frustrate the hell out of you. Just don't even try it

-Comfort - Another win for the Lexus. I usually hate my bi-annual trek from Maryland to Montreal, Canada. Cruise control at 80 and comfortable seats made this thing a breeze. I'm actually gonna take a 3rd trip.

-Technology - BMW wins. I can't stand the Lexus infotainment system. I really like the radio rewind feature but making a phone call is a pain, navigation with that touchpad is a friggin pain and you can't do anything even when doing 3 miles an hour in traffic. And you need to pay to use anything remotely useful, which you would already have on your phone anyway. Also, i'm nit-picking now but BMW has heads-up displays now. And my friend has it in his car. It's one of those things after you use once, you don't want to go back to not using it. iDrive is much better here. I don't have the Mark Levinson system and honestly I didn't realize until after i took delivery but i would have wanted to pay extra for it. The standard speakers are just OK.

- Ride/Handling - I bought this car to be a bit more sporty so I am a bit disappointed with the handling. I also understand that it's a trade-off for the comfort. I miss my BMW when i'm being an *** or i find a deserted winding road but for 99% of commute, when i'm just cruising i much prefer this car. Even my friend with the 435 agrees. He complains about his car in that sense.

- Price - Lexus was much much more willing to work with me than BMW was. My lease payments are 200 less than i would pay for a similarly equipped 435i/440i.

Would i buy this car again? In fact i plan on trading this in for the next version of this very same car when the lease is over. I sincerely hope that by then, the handling would have become sharper as it did with the ISF or that a newer model which didn't have the heavy convertible chassis would have launched. By far the biggest issue for me is the entertainment/navigation/touchpad. It's a true pain point for me. I think i still have 4 minute video of me asking the car to "call Home." It never succeeded. Even if it gets it correctly(almost never), it still asks you if you really want to call the contact. I miss iDrive.

Last edited by Padrino; 09-14-16 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-14-16, 01:00 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,078 Likes on 1,569 Posts

My new pride and joy!
Looks spectacular. Love the wheels!
Old 09-14-16, 03:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Padrino
This car was my second Lexus. First was an SC400(I loved that car). I came from a 335i coupe to this car.

TL;DR - Yes!

- Looks - Some days i can't stop staring at it. But sometimes i do look at it and feel that it is weirdly proportioned. But i know this; this car gets way more attention than the BMW. This is on another level. I have had a cop pull me over to ask what car this was....along with a "slow down" wink. I absolutely hate the front wheel gap. I hope to fix that ASAP.

-Interior - Not even close. BMW looks so spartan. I wish it had more interior volume. Trying to get any type of play in the back seat will just frustrate the hell out of you. Just don't even try it

-Comfort - Another win for the Lexus. I usually hate my bi-annual trek from Maryland to Montreal, Canada. Cruise control at 80 and comfortable seats made this thing a breeze. I'm actually gonna take a 3rd trip.

-Technology - BMW wins. I can't stand the Lexus infotainment system. I really like the radio rewind feature but making a phone call is a pain, navigation with that touchpad is a friggin pain and you can't do anything even when doing 3 miles an hour in traffic. And you need to pay to use anything remotely useful, which you would already have on your phone anyway. Also, i'm nit-picking now but BMW has heads-up displays now. And my friend has it in his car. It's one of those things after you use once, you don't want to go back to not using it. iDrive is much better here. I don't have the Mark Levinson system and honestly I didn't realize until after i took delivery but i would have wanted to pay extra for it. The standard speakers are just OK.

- Ride/Handling - I bought this car to be a bit more sporty so I am a bit disappointed with the handling. I also understand that it's a trade-off for the comfort. I miss my BMW when i'm being an *** or i find a deserted winding road but for 99% of commute, when i'm just cruising i much prefer this car. Even my friend with the 435 agrees. He complains about his car in that sense.

- Price - Lexus was much much more willing to work with me than BMW was. My lease payments are 200 less than i would pay for a similarly equipped 435i/440i.

Would i buy this car again? In fact i plan on trading this in for the next version of this very same car when the lease is over. I sincerely hope that by then, the handling would have become sharper as it did with the ISF or that a newer model which didn't have the heavy convertible chassis would have launched. By far the biggest issue for me is the entertainment/navigation/touchpad. It's a true pain point for me. I think i still have 4 minute video of me asking the car to "call Home." It never succeeded. Even if it gets it correctly(almost never), it still asks you if you really want to call the contact. I miss iDrive.
just wondering why you didn't lease the Rcf instead? Better handling, performance and power. Same infotainment and navigate though
Old 09-28-16, 06:37 AM
Arwj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my RC 350 for 6 months now and still love it as much as the first day I got it. I'd buy it again, DEFINITELY!!!
Old 09-28-16, 10:01 PM
W4kj4k
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely a huge upgrade from the ES! Congrats!

Quick Reply: A year in review--would you buy RC again?