RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A year in review--would you buy RC again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-16, 01:13 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at my car up close yesterday and thought I'd add a little more to this thread.

The stock wheels are not aggressive enough for this car. It has that pulled rear fender look. A coke bottle look. Changing the wheels brings out the shape more. The wider rear wheels with offsets right at the edge of the fender make the car look almost exotic. Its a huge difference and worth every penny for the drop and wheels.

On the negative side, the bottom part of the front grill is too wide. If it looked like the grill on the RCF, the car would look 10 times better.

But I ain't complaining. Its a hot car and I would buy it again.

There is the RCF or LCF in my future plans though.

Last edited by Ice350; 08-25-16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-25-16, 08:23 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Do you have any pics on this wider wheels/tires set up? Any specs on rims/tire sizes combo? I'm very interested in seeing how it would look on my RCF. Thanks

Originally Posted by Ice350
I was looking at my car up close yesterday and thought I'd add a little more to this thread.

The stock wheels are not aggressive enough for this car. It has that pulled rear fender look. A coke bottle look. Changing the wheels brings out the shape more. The wider rear wheels with offsets right at the edge of the fender make the car look almost exotic. Its a huge difference and worth every penny for the drop and wheels.

On the negative side, the bottom part of the front grill is too wide. If it looked like the grill on the RCF, the car would look 10 times better.

But I ain't complaining. Its a hot car and I would buy it again.

There is the RCF or LCF in my future plans though.
Old 08-26-16, 03:00 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Do you have any pics on this wider wheels/tires set up? Any specs on rims/tire sizes combo? I'm very interested in seeing how it would look on my RCF. Thanks
Don't have any clos ups of the fitment. Here's a pic that shows how nice it looks with the wells filled. Mine are not too aggressive since I value ride comfort over looks.

Old 08-26-16, 05:59 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Looks nice👍👍

Originally Posted by Ice350
Don't have any clos ups of the fitment. Here's a pic that shows how nice it looks with the wells filled. Mine are not too aggressive since I value ride comfort over looks.

Old 08-26-16, 10:50 PM
rruussss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice and clean! What kind of drop/wheel/tire size/offset?
Old 08-27-16, 02:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rruussss
Looks nice and clean! What kind of drop/wheel/tire size/offset?
Dropped on Tanabe NF210. The ones for the GS350.
Wheels are Niche Apex 20x8.5/10, 35/40 offsets
Tires are 245-30 and 275-30 Hancook Ventus 2
Old 08-27-16, 10:04 PM
rruussss
Driver School Candidate

Well done sir.
GS springs? Different part number. Do they fit proper? Is it just a different ride height?
Old 08-28-16, 07:28 AM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I buy RC at all???

Husband and I both have 2014 ES300 hybrids, which we love. While having mine serviced last week, I sat in an RC on the sales floor and got this crazy (?) notion that before I die, I would like to have a swoopy-looking sports car. Never owned one before. So I test drove the 300 and 350 F models and am seriously entertaining the notion. Thing is, I turn 65 this year and I don't want people thinking, "poor old thing, doesn't she look silly in that." So I'm weighing whether I love this car enough to trade for it and what others would think. The car doesn't make me look fat, but I'm concerned it might make me look old-LOL! Opinions? Thanks!
Old 08-28-16, 08:36 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by WEGIE7
Husband and I both have 2014 ES300 hybrids, which we love. While having mine serviced last week, I sat in an RC on the sales floor and got this crazy (?) notion that before I die, I would like to have a swoopy-looking sports car. Never owned one before. So I test drove the 300 and 350 F models and am seriously entertaining the notion. Thing is, I turn 65 this year and I don't want people thinking, "poor old thing, doesn't she look silly in that." So I'm weighing whether I love this car enough to trade for it and what others would think. The car doesn't make me look fat, but I'm concerned it might make me look old-LOL! Opinions? Thanks!
Don't worry about what others think. One thing I like about south Florida, you see everything. Both young and old enjoying the fruits of their labors without regard to fitting in a mold. I'm 57 years old. I had an RC that is lowered with 20 inch wheels and audio mods. I could care less what others think. I'm not a typical 57 year old though....and never will be. I can still play sports and I watch cartoons. I'm young at heart and spirit.
Here in south Florida, half of the people in a coupe will be over 50.

Do what you want.
Old 08-28-16, 08:37 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rruussss
Well done sir.
GS springs? Different part number. Do they fit proper? Is it just a different ride height?
I chose the GS springs because the drop in the rear was lower. Most people use the GS spec springs for this car.
Old 08-28-16, 10:21 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Yes, as Nike says, JUST DO IT!!

Why wait? If you are able physically and mentally and financially, then JUST DO IT. May I suggest the full RC-F, not F Sport, nor RC200T, NOR RC300, NOR RC350. Get the FULL. RC-F! !!

BTW, I bought my RC-F CPO from a Lexus dealer with just some 18xx miles on the odo. It was an excellent deal. I was told later (and shown the prior owner's info which was on the paperwork/title) that the previous owner was "near nursing home age" and bought "this" RC-F brand new on a whim. Only later to regret it bc the car was way too low and the ride was too rough for her back. She only had it for a few months and then came back to same Lexus dealer to trade the RC-F in for a brand new LS460.

My point is JUST DO IT while you can PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, AND FINANCIALLY ABLE. ENJOY THE RIDE!!

You don't need to care about what others think of you. The people who talk bad about you are just jealous.

Old 08-29-16, 12:22 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

If it's within your budget and you're willing to wait a year or so, why not check out the LC500? Still sassy but a little more sedate
Old 08-29-16, 03:48 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

I say enjoy life while you can, don't worry about others. In fact I think it makes you look like your a person having more fun. Who needs 2 es300 hybrids anyways
Old 08-30-16, 12:24 PM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

Default I just did it!

So after reading such thoughtful and supportive advice (thank you all very much!), today I drove home a beautiful 2016 obsidian/ black int. RC 350! I don't feel old at all. Some things just get better with age!

The following users liked this post:
KERC350 (08-09-17)
Old 08-30-16, 12:31 PM
WEGIE7
Driver School Candidate

So after reading such thoughtful and supportive advice (thank you all very much!), today I drove home a beautiful 2016 obsidian/ black int. RC 350! I don't feel old at all. Some things just get better with age!
( And got the F Sport package, BTW.)

Quick Reply: A year in review--would you buy RC again?