RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

New 4 cyclinder....why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-16, 11:08 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
RR Racing is dedicated to our brand. They were one of the first tuners that obtained the protocols to successfully tune the ISF this past December. Aside from all the successful performance parts they have released.They actually own an ISF shop car to conduct all testing on. Right now we're all anxiously awaiting on the release of their supercharger kit that's going to skyrocket our rides to over 600hp! They already cracked the 2nd gen IS350 ECU and they posted about a few days ago they purchased a 3rd gen IS350 F Sport which they're planning to supercharge. They made attempts to crack the RCF ECU but it's still in the works. That's dedication! I'm sure the RC350 & the 200t will receive the same treatment soon enough! The ISF also has a high compression ratio and they been succeeding in amping more power out of the engine.
Man you made me happy just now! I really hope so...I would love to make my AWD RC faster and toast that RC-F on those snowy and rainy days...hahaha
Old 07-28-16, 11:20 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Wasn't trying to do that...sorry if you misunderstood me. Find me a ultra white fully loaded RCF with a roja red interior (if this combo exists) , when I want it and at a price even close to RC350. You see my point now....just not possible or realistic for most people....glad you were able to get a good deal on yours though...I do like the car a lot!
might be your lucky day. 57k is doable before ttl. Close enough to rc350

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8051/overview/
Old 07-28-16, 11:54 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Very cool to know...you think the 200t would even be able to become faster than the RCF?? I know my friends honda (RSX) had like 600hp or something with a twin scroll turbo and it handled every bit of the boost like a champ. I guess I'll just have to be happy my 350 will be spanking that 200t until then lol :P
After a tune is available, You'll have to put a considerable amount of work and investment into the vehicle. Most would start to question is it worth it? I'm sure the 200t already has the weight advantage to begin with but your reliability will be in question along with several other things that might come up. Make no mistake the "F" platform in terms of the Lexus brand is simply in a different league. Only time will tell...
Old 07-28-16, 06:39 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adoption...

Originally Posted by Starterman
Hey Kimba!

We went from a GS350 to RC200T just recently and the main reason we chose the 4 cylinder is simply due to a matter of preference. Before I begin, let me mention that my household has the RC 200t and the RC-F along with some other cars we use intermittently.

Personally, I do more city driving and the extended test drive of the 200t felt fine for me and was enjoyable and fun to drive for daily commuting. I did not experience the turbo lag during the test drive. I know this option of 4 cyl is opposite of most people's expectations when considering a sports car, but to me its not always about the performance or how fast the car can go. The RC200T F-sport has a great exterior design and all the interior luxury amenities (blind spot, pre collision, sunroof, etc.) are what is the most important for me in the car. The MPG is better than the V6 I had before and that was a plus for me and its much better than the RC-F we have. My first drive home the average was around 34-35mpg. One of the reviews I have read even favor the 4 cylinder model over the V6 (below) so it mainly is just a personal preference. The last reason is having our teenager in the house to "gift" this car to when she turns 16 is also under consideration.

Overall, its a matter of preference of choosing the turbo 4 over the V6 or V8, cost for some and mpgs for others. The competition for the RC 200T engine such as the 2017 MB C300 Coupe gets 241 HP, 273LB of torque, and a 0-60 time of 5.9 seconds and it has a turbo inline 4 cylinder starting at around $42k base from looking at mbusa.com. With those numbers they are almost as fast as the RC350 if you are looking at 0-60 times being a turbo 4 cylinder compared to a V6 and of course better than the RC200T engine. Like one of the other posters said before me Lexus is trying to stay competitive by offering the 4 cylinder models and there is a market out there for turbo 4 cylinders engines for certain people.

Just my opinions, hope this helps.

http://editorial.autoweb.com/2016-le...-drive-review/
Will you adopt me please?